TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 5:01 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1116 117 118 119 120335 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:56 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

No they don't. In fact they kinda agree.

Quote:
"What do you want?" he said. "We were asked to provide two to three stops and replicate Canada [2010].

4 was optimal at the weekend, with some looking at 5. And that is at low speed.

Quote:
"I think it is pretty clear. There is one team who will benefit from a change and that is them."

Mercedes stand to gain far more than Red Bull should the tyres be harder.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't see what all the fuss is about. One race with a few too many pit stops and everyone's going all "rip f1" again. Pirelli have said they'll fix it, so what's the issue?

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
No they don't. In fact they kinda agree.

Quote:
"What do you want?" he said. "We were asked to provide two to three stops and replicate Canada [2010].

4 was optimal at the weekend, with some looking at 5. And that is at low speed.

You see I read it the other way.

While Pirelli are acknowledging what happened, they are taking a stand against those who are unhappy with the tyres and stating that the product they are building is based upon the specification they were given. Then they go on to challenging the complainers by saying...

Quote:
I know some of you would like us to do a one stop race where tyres are not a factor, and you can go back to processional racing where the qualifying position is the end position, if that is what you want in racing.

But the thing is, as it has been each year since Pirelli returned, once the mid-season comes and goes and team better understand how to use these tyres then this won't be an issue any longer.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:26 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Schumifan, there isn't THAT much fuss and nobody is saying RIP F1. It's just a good discussion. I'm really enjoying this one with Kals :)

Kals I read it as Pirelli achknowledging that the tyres were badly done this time round, but were unhappy with the criticism because they've been asked to push these sort of boundries, and that IMO is 100% fair of Pirelli. They are going out of their way to produce interesting tyres. Sometimes they will get that wrong, and they should NOT be criticised too harshly in public for it. I feel it's ok to ask Pirelli to make changes though.

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The talk of Matechitz is ridiculous. There is a challenge, and his team simply hasn't been as up to it as Ferrari and Lotus. He seemed brazilian comentators talking about Massa, who apparently is the only unlucky guy who's been having issues with the tyres in the last years and whose mirror is too small to see Webber behind him in the qualifying.

Seriously, I don't get much of the fuss about the tyres for Barcelona. The track is known for its abrasive asphalt, and when we have tyres which got worn faster, it is natural we'll see more stops there. I think tyres were more of a proper problem at China when they represented a trouble for the drivers even to give a reasonable amount of laps in the qualifying.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
Even more ridiculous that he got away with that considering he did this in qualifying at Sepang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du458jeJ2WI

I agree with what Jerome D'Ambrosio said on the commentary, Make him sit out a race because the grid penalty's & reprimands clearly are not working as a deterrent.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

And the next race issss......Monaco.

Good luck everyone. :ohmy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
only rain can help

but no

yeah definately no

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:41 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

StefMeister wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Even more ridiculous that he got away with that considering he did this in qualifying at Sepang:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du458jeJ2WI

I agree with what Jerome D'Ambrosio said on the commentary, Make him sit out a race because the grid penalty's & reprimands clearly are not working as a deterrent.

I know Grosjean was a bit of a nuisance last year but it was mostly (dangerous at times) ineptitude rather than outright dangerous, violent behaviour. Maldonado a mixture of the two at times ... either way there should be no excuse for either of those videos, he drives like a drug cartel. Grosjean ultimately got a race ban for ineptitude, this calls for at least the same. It also made Maldonado take notice as arguably the worse offender.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:47 am 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

I said something similar Sunday. Grosjean spa crash was caused by a miss judgement of space, it was inches. This, ceccotto, is blatant and dangerous yet he gets nothing for 2 incidents.
Well, he got excluded from qualy but that was barely a punishment.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, Maldonado deliberately ran into Hamilton's side at the end of qualifying at Spa in 2011 and he was only given a grid penatly, IIRC.

I guess they don't feel Cecotto has ran up a tab as big as Grosjean yet. Plus they expect lower driving standards from GP2 than F1 anyway, so a bit of leniency creeps in due to that.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:47 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

glorfindel wrote:
I said something similar Sunday. Grosjean spa crash was caused by a miss judgement of space, it was inches. This, ceccotto, is blatant and dangerous yet he gets nothing for 2 incidents.
Well, he got excluded from qualy but that was barely a punishment.

I agree with this. Grosjeans penalty for Spa didn't sit right with me, because had it been less violent then nothing would've been done. He was penalised because his misjudgement created a violent looking accident, not for being dangerous. I actually think his Suzuka incident was worse, because that was just plain stupidity and inability to pay attention to the basics of what was going on around him.

Pastor had the few moments of complete aggression and blatantly dangerous moves, but most of his accidents were just stupidity. And then when he got into an accident that would normally be a racing accident it was too late. You don't get to have racing accidents every week. At that point it becomes you, not racing accidents.

Cecotto is just plain dangerous. He is driving like a moron and pulls dangerous moves out all the time, sometimes purely to spite other drivers. I hate that because I actually want to like him, but I can't - he's just a week prick. Sandeep made a good point that the series is a development series so maybe they just expect the standards to be lower. To me, GP2 should be held to HIGHER standards than F1. Stamp it out before they get into F1 and then you can let them fight more freely without fear of an accident in F1.

Grosjean was penalised for a few stupid accidents. Accidents which occured at the start of a race - where there is a higher chance of having an accident. Cecotto is having being deliberately violent and dangerous.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well Grosjean's ban kind of worked. When he made his mistake at Suzuka he looked like a completely broken man. He knew how badly he fucked up.

Cecotto still doesn't get it.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:12 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

who was it again that got banned from racing in Monaco for driving into a marshall for christ sake?

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

wasn't that Maldonado??

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Of course it was Maldonado.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:29 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I think it was this accident.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:39 am 

pretty sure the ban was for an accident in Monaco, not in Zolder. Perhaps another driver afterall? It must have been incredibly bad, and no doubt non-reversable, if you can earn yourself a ban for life in racing on the streets of the principality.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/banne ... in-monaco/

this pretty much confirms its Maldonado

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:53 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

IIRC it was the Monaco round of FR3.5 in 2005. He ignored a yellow flag and as a result he hit a marshal. Wiki (the source of everything) says he was slapped with 4 race ban.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6683 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1116 117 118 119 120335 Next