TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1104 105 106 107 108151 Next

What's going to be the biggest surprise of 2016 season?
Ferrari beats Mercedes 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Williams will stay 3rd in standings 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
McLaren Honda gets podium 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
No wet races 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Maldonado and Palmer are incredibly reliable and scores in every race 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
People will not complain how boring it is 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
It isn't actually boring at all 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Total votes: 79
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:13 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

some comments from Indonesian Haryanto fans on the Manor Facebook page are amazing. Well worth a read if you need a laugh today.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:36 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Mattzel89 wrote:
some comments from Indonesian Haryanto fans on the Manor Facebook page are amazing. Well worth a read if you need a laugh today.

I think Haryanto is the best driver they got and they choose this newbie Ocon oh nooooo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:37 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

No rio
No manorrr
Im baneed..
Manor its old car

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So in other words they sound like Chilton fapboys?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:03 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

a few days ago manor asked Rossi to finish out the season with them but turned them down to finish up the season in indycar.
http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports ... 1-indycar/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He would've been the Indy500 champion with the worst F1 results since Michael Andre... oh wait.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:32 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

He's got nothing to gain coming back and running rear of grid in F1 - a possible Ed Carpenter Racing ride is up for grabs if Newgarden goes to Penske/Ganassi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
He's got nothing to gain coming back and running rear of grid in F1 - a possible Ed Carpenter Racing ride is up for grabs if Newgarden goes to Penske/Ganassi

On the other hand, Rio has Dale Coyne Racing written all over him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:08 pm 

Quote:
WHY TO RIO RIO HARYANTO because HARYANTO VERY NICE
YOU HAVE CONSCIENCE is not like HIS ONLY TAKE ACTION TO DETERMINE THE MONEY IS NOT SOMEONE THE GIFT OF RIO HARYANTO NABSIB YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND

I love the comments on Manors Facebook Page :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:26 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

I hate it when people don't understand nabsib.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
WHY NO RIO?

he's busy with the olympics

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Its quiet in here...a little...too quiet.

Needs some
Spoiler:
Image[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:55 pm 

He is trying to joke with Lee McKenzie on twitter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alons ... es-807477/

Alonso does make sense time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He is mellowing in his old age :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alonso wrote:
“It’s still not as powerful or as exciting as, maybe 2004, 2003 cars with V10 engines. I remember going to the first test, and after 60 or 70 laps I was very tired. Even at night, the head was moving because the neck was stressed so much. I couldn’t sleep horizontal. Now, you go to the first test and do 160 laps.

Isn't this exactly the opposite of what we want? Cars on rails that corner like jetfighters and can't follow each other?

I don't understand anything anymore, it's like everyone wants everything and its opposite. I suggest that the F1 goes full WWE mode to please everyone's need for entertainment.

Complete with:
- Rigged engines to blow up during the race. The spectator never knows who will get it or when,
- Pre and post-race rivalry speeches,
- Scripted stunts, including carefully-crafted crashes rehearsed in a simulator. You see some mid-fielders getting on with an additional neck brace, and you know shit's about to go down,
- Scripted battles lasting many laps,
- Scripted track-flooding with sprinklers. Some drivers are instructed to remain on slicks.
- Scripted outside events (crazy priests, debris, naked female streakers, you name it),
- Scripted championship with twists and last-second wins.

Fake? Yes. But if as spectators we have no prior knowledge of what's going on, it will be just as spectacular to follow.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think he's talking from a drivers perspective when saying 2003-2004 was more exciting. Hence the comment he was tired after 60 laps and now easily can do 160.

I do agree with him they shouldn't mess to much with the rules just because a certain period is boring. Like he said, soccer has boring games as well and you don't see the FIFA suddenly change the rules mid season to spice things up.

F1 had a pretty good history of having a natural flow in who dominates the game without having drastic rule chances.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There surely has to be a middle ground in all this, and I am hoping 2017 with the tyres might be it. I think it is telling that driver's who raced in the V10 era and early less restricted V8 era have basically all said that from a driver's perspective those cars were better to drive than the current crop.

Racing wise (behind the Merc's), I actually think the action hasn't been too bad down the middle to lower end of the grid over the last couple of years...but chalk alot of that down to DRS which kind of ruins it.

What I would like to see is loud exciting cars that are a challenge to drive that can follow each other (ohh blue sky thinking!!).

Talking about engines, I actually think Infiniti's new engine is more likely to be the tech used in cars for the next 10-15 years before electric engines can match the power output/mileage/recharging time (refueling) of petrol engines.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think the current cars are quite hard to drive at the limit. They still have a lot of power. It's fairly common to see drivers making mistakes in qualifying, or when the track is damp. The problem is that no one is on the limit during the races. It's all about fuel saving modes and turning down the engine to make sure it will last another race.

I would hate to see refuelling return, but would it not be possible to have a set amount of fuel that has to go into the car at the start of the race? Enough that the drivers would not have to save at any point?

The 2017 rules concern me. When DRS was introduced, I was always under the impression that it was going to be temporary, until they gradually reduced downforce (or brought back ground effects), and the cars were able to follow each other closely again. Now it seems that we're stuck with it, and downforce is going to be increased, making it even harder to follow in the corners. The only hope is that the bigger, wider tyres give a huge amount of grip, and have more of an effect than all the aero parts, but that seems doubtful.

As for the tyres, I don't know what the best option is. Some of the races where the tyre wear was really high, turned out to be quite fun. Other times, drivers are scared of pushing too hard and damaging tyres. More durable tyres mean that the drivers can push harder, but a lack of wear means that nobody will hit the cliff and there won't be so much overtaking. I've always liked the idea of letting the teams choose their tyres for the weekend (like they do now), but not forcing them to run two compounds if they don't want to. Some guys could use a super fast, soft tyre, and make three pit stops, whilst others go the whole race without making a stop, but their hard tyre is much slower. Lots of different strategies would result in cars meeting on the track and battling for position. Or in reality, all the team's computers will come up with the fastest strategy and everyone will do the same thing...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:29 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I think the current cars are quite hard to drive at the limit. They still have a lot of power. It's fairly common to see drivers making mistakes in qualifying, or when the track is damp. The problem is that no one is on the limit during the races. It's all about fuel saving modes and turning down the engine to make sure it will last another race.

This bit is true and it's easy to see how exciting Baku was until the race happened.

When I was in Hungary, it was easy to tell when the driver was doing a quali lap simulation in practice and when long run just from the sound the car made when accelerating away from T1. The sound was bigger, you could hear the hybrid system and turbo kick in and the car seemed to accelerate away faster and it was more handful to drive. Same thing with shifting down too. Much bigger exhaust bangs and other noise that was not there during the race simulation (or the actual race).

And talking about shifting down from 7th or 8th gear down to 2nd in that turn. Red Bull was very aggressive and shifted down rapidly from the start of the braking zone while Mercedes was like going down one gear...braking...going down another gear...braking...braking...then going down to 2nd before turning in. Every other team was in between those but more closer to Red Bull than Mercedes. Even Williams and Force India sounded more traditional than Mercedes. Just a few peculiar notes that I've got from the weekend.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1104 105 106 107 108151 Next