TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:31 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Off the line he was indeed average at best. But his T1 and T2 were fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Off the line he was indeed average at best. But his T1 and T2 were fantastic.

Helped ofcourse by Alonso hitting Vettel and having to slow down, causing Massa to brake as well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:51 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

So all in all, Alonso caused everything.

He sure sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The main issue that hasn't been discussed hugely is how Horner has been totally undermined.

There were always questions before about who runs that team, but now Vettel's been thrown into the mix. He's been undermined by his 25 year old driver. Fellow team principals already dislike Horner because of his close connection with Bernie, but Vettel's actions have exposed Horner's weaknesses to the world and weakened Red Bull's position politically.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:01 pm 

Horner already kissing vettel's ass acording to gpupdate.

looks like a fun forum to be at, was on another one but too many fights, was boring!, first post! :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:05 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

This forum is awesome and you will be fine, as long as you don't wish injury upon a driver

or post an icecream joke. Never post an icecream joke.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

theracinglover wrote:
Horner already kissing vettel's ass acording to gpupdate.

looks like a fun forum to be at, was on another one but too many fights, was boring!, first post! :D

First and last >.<

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:15 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

I unconsciously knew that, which is why I made the injury-remark, of course.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yeaa, he was too obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

phil1993 wrote:
The main issue that hasn't been discussed hugely is how Horner has been totally undermined.

There were always questions before about who runs that team, but now Vettel's been thrown into the mix. He's been undermined by his 25 year old driver. Fellow team principals already dislike Horner because of his close connection with Bernie, but Vettel's actions have exposed Horner's weaknesses to the world and weakened Red Bull's position politically.

A 25 year old driver who's won 3 WDC with Red Bull and still has to bow down to his teammate. Prost, Senna, and Schumacher had number one status with then their team by time they won three titles. None of the team principals have room to talk. Especially Ferrari, McLaren, and Mercedes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ferrari wrote:
A 25 year old driver who's won 3 WDC with Red Bull and still has to bow down to his teammate.

What? :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My point is that Horner is weak because of this type of mismanagement...

I don't ever recall a driver being so dominant compared to the wishes of his team principal. Remember Alonso/Hamilton at McLaren? Dennis told Alonso in no uncertain terms that he can shove his demands up his arse, while after the qualifying saga Hamilton was avoiding Dennis like the plague.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:01 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
Ferrari wrote:
A 25 year old driver who's won 3 WDC with Red Bull and still has to bow down to his teammate.

What? :?

In regards to team orders being directed at Vettel. Todt or Domenicali would've told Webber to allow Vettel to pass so Vettel could gain maximum points over Alonso.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not every team operates like Ferrari.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

phil1993 wrote:
I don't ever recall a driver being so dominant compared to the wishes of his team principal. Remember Alonso/Hamilton at McLaren? Dennis told Alonso in no uncertain terms that he can shove his demands up his arse, while after the qualifying saga Hamilton was avoiding Dennis like the plague.

Let's be truthful. Ron Dennis was favoring Lewis that season. It cost them the WDC and $100 million fine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Remember Monaco that year? I don't recall Lewis being favoured then.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:

I agree - even when vettel was going at Webber, all that Horner said on the radio (or at least was broadcast) was that things were getting silly. Do we know if he said anything else to Vettel? If not that suggests Vettel was already dominating Horner prior to this.

ellis wrote:
I wonder if the teams decision is now that the drivers can race each other safely. Both pulled it off VERY well. Vettel would've been angry at being told not to pass. Webber was certainly angry at Vettel trying to pass, so even in their states of anger they managed not to hit each other. That's actually really impressive IMO.

Also, Vettel tried to pass on the exit of T3 on the run up to 4 the lap before. So Webber knew he was coming. If that's the case, why didn't Webber just say "Well fuck this" and turn his engine back up again? Everything that everyone is saying, we've been led to believe that Webber turning his engine down was the only reason Vettel caught him. But in reality Vettel was with Mark earlier in the race and had wasted speed stuck behind Mark, apparently still not allowed to pass. This eventually cost Vettel a place to Lewis. So Vettel did have the speed, so if Marks engine was turned down, why wasn't it turned back up? If he just rolled over and died then I'm pretty disappointed in it.

I didn't think Vettel was that much faster than Webber earlier in the race - I don't recall Vettel even being within Webber's drs until after the final stops, if he was that much faster I would have expected him to be closer.

To an extent I think Webber did give up, he still could have tried to force Vettel wide when he finally did pass on the outside of T3. I imagine he probably had quite a lot to think about, given he'd been told Vettel wouldn't attack and to turn his engine down, then finding himself under attack. We also don't know why his engine was turned down, he might not be happy turning the engine back up without the engineers OK.

RtN wrote:
I can sympathise with them. I'm still trying to work out why there are teams using team orders at the second race.

I think the orders were only to preserve the 1-2 finish for the team and reduce the strain on the engines, just in case they lose any engines later in the season. I think the order to hold position after the final stops would have been the same if the positions were reversed, I don't think Red Bull were favouring Webber over Vettel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Except it wasn't at the final stops. There's a radio message from Rocky to Seb in the middle of the second stint (lap 24) telling him to maintain a gap of 3 seconds to Webber.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ferrari wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Let's be truthful. Ron Dennis was favoring Lewis that season. It cost them the WDC and $100 million fine.

No, Alonso was angry because he expected the no1 status he got at Renault and went on to get at Ferrari.
Mclaren treated their drivers equally and this caused Fernando to throw his toys out of the pram.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
Except it wasn't at the final stops. There's a radio message from Rocky to Seb in the middle of the second stint (lap 24) telling him to maintain a gap of 3 seconds to Webber.

Ah didn't know that, don't think that radio message was included in the BBC highlights. Can't understand what red bull were thinking in that case

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1497 posts ]  Go to page Previous 171 72 73 74 75 Next