TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64123 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

James B wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
Let's not forget Red Bull and Alpha Tauri's continued support for Smurf rights.

They should be removed from the championship as their aggressive "Bull" moniker can be associated to bull fighting which is an outdated and inhumane sport which should be banned :x

Reminds me of this story: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/50193 ... psets-peta

Quote:
In the past, PETA had called to ban the habit of drinking milk at the Indianapolis 500 podium because it was a "beverage born out of cruelty to baby calves" and a "racist drink."

Yes, every time I drink milk, I actually send the message to the world that I hate those darn black people. And I don't like chocolate milk, which again proves my statement!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LOL, I looked it up, and it is still a thing. For some people, drinking milk is racist. Because white people have a bigger chance to suffer from osteoporosis.
Quote:
The main health benefit of milk is to guard against osteoporosis, a disease that weakens your bones — hence the ‘stronger bones’ rhetoric. While this is a very practical health benefit, osteoporosis affects Africans at a significantly lower rate than it does most Americans.”

Thereby, milk may do a white person’s body good, but it doesn’t a black body, thereby it’s racist.

https://edairynews.com/en/milk-the-new- ... ica-51608/

By the same logic, sunscreen is equally racist.

Sorry, back to F1.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Beezle wrote:
I want a rainbow car! :)

Probably the best chance to get rid of all the Middle Eastern and Russian rounds.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:07 pm 

Copersucar was rainbow coloured

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Omega wrote:
Quote:
The main health benefit of milk is to guard against osteoporosis, a disease that weakens your bones — hence the ‘stronger bones’ rhetoric. While this is a very practical health benefit, osteoporosis affects Africans at a significantly lower rate than it does most Americans.”

Thereby, milk may do a white person’s body good, but it doesn’t a black body, thereby it’s racist.

Holy shit lmao

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Beezle wrote:

Dupont could sponsor a car and paint it like the classic layout for the #24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:11 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

deggis wrote:
Beezle wrote:

Probably the best chance to get rid of all the Middle Eastern and Russian rounds.

I count that as a pro argument.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Omega wrote:
LOL, I looked it up, and it is still a thing. For some people, drinking milk is racist. Because white people have a bigger chance to suffer from osteoporosis.
Quote:

https://edairynews.com/en/milk-the-new- ... ica-51608/

By the same logic, sunscreen is equally racist.

Sorry, back to F1.

Oh dear fucking God. I read that article and now my head hurts......but you know what I did after? Had a great big bowl of cereal with a tremendous dollop of yoghurt on top. All Heil mil......k.......sorry..... I like milk.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I read that in Brazil, the word is that Liberty has signed a contract to host the Brazilian GP at the new planned track in Rio, dropping Interlagos.

Any brazilian can comment on that? I have no reliable source.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:18 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Sounds like Vettel's unhappy at getting the heave-ho from Ferrari. Contrary to what Ferrari said, he claims he was never offered anything by the team and was surprised to be told there wasn't a place for him any more

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
I read that in Brazil, the word is that Liberty has signed a contract to host the Brazilian GP at the new planned track in Rio, dropping Interlagos.

not gonna happen at all, the track is at a protected enviromental area, plus courts are delaying all they can to postpone the liberation for track construction

they even might build a track, but not where they're planning. After all is just another corruption scheme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:09 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

James B wrote:
Sounds like Vettel's unhappy at getting the heave-ho from Ferrari. Contrary to what Ferrari said, he claims he was never offered anything by the team and was surprised to be told there wasn't a place for him any more

If that's true he is not very smart. Judging by his performance in the past few seasons he should have seen it coming.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:

There is nothing official yet, but what's been reported by reliable sources here is that Rio de Janeiro sent a bid to Liberty and the city is very close to clinch a deal to host a race from 2021 onwards.

São Paulo is still in talks but their bid offers a only 1/3 of the fee offered by Rio.

Rio has a better offer and their bid is backed by both the State government as well as the Federal Government. However, the consortium responsible for building the Rio track is shady as hell and they have to face some environmental hurdles before the works on the track start. I can't figure out how they have a bid in good regard with Liberty when they still have to build a track from scratch for 2021. That's the weirdest part of the story.

The advantage of São Paulo is that they have the track set and all the expertise. And the local government has an incentive to keep the race as they are no longer friends of Bolsonaro as they used to be some months ago. I recall the negotiations prior to the COVID considered changing the naming of the GP to São Paulo GP, like they were considering to do the Mexican GP becoming Mexico City GP.

As much as the press says Rio is about to close with Liberty, I really doubt it too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Two Brazillian Grands Prix are fine with me

Move this new one around the start of the season and keep Interlagos at the end and it's a win win

Sadly, we know how this'll end

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

iks wrote:
James B wrote:

If that's true he is not very smart. Judging by his performance in the past few seasons he should have seen it coming.

Of course he's unhappy. I'm not sure why that should come as a surprise to anyone. He joined Ferrari with a certain lifelong dream and goal in mind and it hasn't materialized so I'm sure anyone would be unhappy in that situation. But more so the fact how Ferrari handled the situation this summer and flat out lied in their press release about this being a mutual decision.

I think his surprise is fully justified. Still the 3rd most winning driver for the team and was instrumental in pulling them out of their doldrums and ended up only a small handful of points behind Leclerc despite having the lion's share of misfortune. It's a funny trend lately how Ferrari gets majority of the blame for no championships in the Alonso era, whereas Vettel gets majority blame for no championships in the Vettel era. With respect to the past few seasons, I would say Ferrari's been equally at fault for the lack of success right down from management, to lack of stability/direction, to the design team, strategy, you name it. And looks like they're no where near correcting that trend anytime soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:00 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

https://www.autoracing.com.br/f1-exclus ... o-de-2020/

From info from insiders at Mercedes and Red Bull, another 8 dates were supposed to be announced at the start of this week.

Biggest discussions are that the F1 circus doesn't want to go to Russia because of Covid. And Canada is already very cold late in the year.

Mugello September
Rússia / Canada / Portimao September
China 1 October
China 2 October
Vietnã / Portimao October
Bahrain 1 November
Bahrain 2 (external ring) November
Abu Dhabi December

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:02 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Soul Reaver wrote:
And Canada is already very cold late in the year.

Apparently it was only 5 Celsius that day :8:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:09 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
iks wrote:
James B wrote:

Of course he's unhappy. I'm not sure why that should come as a surprise to anyone. He joined Ferrari with a certain lifelong dream and goal in mind and it hasn't materialized so I'm sure anyone would be unhappy in that situation. But more so the fact how Ferrari handled the situation this summer and flat out lied in their press release about this being a mutual decision.

I think his surprise is fully justified. Still the 3rd most winning driver for the team and was instrumental in pulling them out of their doldrums and ended up only a small handful of points behind Leclerc despite having the lion's share of misfortune. It's a funny trend lately how Ferrari gets majority of the blame for no championships in the Alonso era, whereas Vettel gets majority blame for no championships in the Vettel era. With respect to the past few seasons, I would say Ferrari's been equally at fault for the lack of success right down from management, to lack of stability/direction, to the design team, strategy, you name it. And looks like they're no where near correcting that trend anytime soon.

Ferrari have screwed up a lot with weird strategies, but Vettel has made a lot of driver errors. He did that, by himself. In different seasons. That is a factor that can't be ignored in a top team. Maybe Ferrari took their decision after the Brazilian GP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I agree it's 50-50 to blame in Ferrari's fiasco with Vettel. At least in 2018 when they seemed to have their best chance, both Vettel and Ferrari lost momentum in the second half of the season. Vettel's serial blunders dazzled the fact Mercedes beat them in the development race that year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

EAS wrote:
Rio has a better offer and their bid is backed by both the State government as well as the Federal Government.

I thought they said no public money would be used on that venture. Such a surprise they aren't holding up to their convictions

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2447 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 64123 Next