TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1598 599 600 601 602605 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:54 pm 
The most anticipated member

glorfindel wrote:
Regiotap wrote:
That is terrible news.

Two top drivers (Sutil, Alguersuari) out, and one bad driver (only because of his name) may stay.

Have we seen enough to call him a bad driver? No one looked good in that HRT, I don't think its fair to judge anyone on that car. In the Renault his qualifying was good. Sure he made some mistakes in the races but he wasn't a million miles from his team mate and Senna hadn't raced in, what, a year? Give him a full season and I think he might do well.
If he doesn't get a seat, I hope he goes race somewhere.

Senna is not any genius but give Senna a new and last chance. It's just a last chance...If he fails, then ok, get your things, good bye.

I haven't seen Senna being tested for real so far....I don't even consider HRT a F1 car, for me that was a GP2 in F1. And in Renault-Lotus he was caught in surprise when Heidfeld was fired....as there were no testing, he did what he could and given that fact, I think he's done a lot. Remember Spa practice sessions and qualifying. Remember Monza. If you had to drive a car you almost didn't drive in the year, with complicated systems like KERS, DRS, I also think Renault-Lotus was difficult for car setups, you wouldn't come and get podiums.

Honestly I think he's a driver that wants to take part on a good project, wants to contribute with the best, he's not an adventurer like Maldonado. If these news is confirmed, so far it's just rumours among very well informed journalists (Ricardo Boechat is close friend to Eike Batista - Senna's greatest investor) then a think Frank is not doing any bad thing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

glorfindel wrote:
Regiotap wrote:
That is terrible news.

Two top drivers (Sutil, Alguersuari) out, and one bad driver (only because of his name) may stay.

Have we seen enough to call him a bad driver? No one looked good in that HRT, I don't think its fair to judge anyone on that car. In the Renault his qualifying was good. Sure he made some mistakes in the races but he wasn't a million miles from his team mate and Senna hadn't raced in, what, a year? Give him a full season and I think he might do well.
I see Chandhok admitting he might have to take a test driver role next year and wonder how he expects to get a seat anywhere with that. Racers need to be racing, if they aren't they won't be as sharp when they come back and its bound to be harder to come back when you have barely driven a car in a year or more. Its madness, especially for the younger guys who take reserve/test roles and don't take part in GP2, I am thinking specifically of Bottas here. I believe he has said he will not race GP2 wanting to work on his role in F1, but how does he expect to get an F1 seat with nothing really to show? Sure he might show something amazing on Fridays, but only Williams have all the info on that so its not going to help much with other teams. Its just a real chip on my shoulder right now, drivers should be racing.
Sorry, I seemed to drift off my original point there.

Bottas will be racing next year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:18 pm 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

ptclaus98 wrote:
glorfindel wrote:
Regiotap wrote:
That is terrible news.

I see Chandhok admitting he might have to take a test driver role next year and wonder how he expects to get a seat anywhere with that. Racers need to be racing, if they aren't they won't be as sharp when they come back and its bound to be harder to come back when you have barely driven a car in a year or more. Its madness, especially for the younger guys who take reserve/test roles and don't take part in GP2, I am thinking specifically of Bottas here. I believe he has said he will not race GP2 wanting to work on his role in F1, but how does he expect to get an F1 seat with nothing really to show? Sure he might show something amazing on Fridays, but only Williams have all the info on that so its not going to help much with other teams. Its just a real chip on my shoulder right now, drivers should be racing.
Sorry, I seemed to drift off my original point there.

Bottas will be racing next year.

In gp2? Good news.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:28 pm 

Senna is obviously no outstanding driving talent, but for me it is not yet proven that he is worse than Barrichello, Algasuari or Sutil. Senna showed good qualifyings and is known for good technical feedback. If he gets the seat at Williams with a complete preparation and testing period for 2012 then that is a fair chance.

Beside the discussion whether he deserves the seat or not, it is rather strange that we might see a Senna in a blue-white Williams Renault in 2012 after he has already driven a black-gold Lotus.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

a7b7u wrote:
Senna is obviously no outstanding driving talent, but for me it is not yet proven that he is worse than Barrichello, Algasuari or Sutil. Senna showed good qualifyings and is known for good technical feedback. If he gets the seat at Williams with a complete preparation and testing period for 2012 then that is a fair chance.

Beside the discussion whether he deserves the seat or not, it is rather strange that we might see a Senna in a blue-white Williams Renault in 2012 after he has already driven a black-gold Lotus.

Good thing he didn't drive a red white car as well....would make the similarities too creepy.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Give Senna a proper go. He did well all considering his circumstances at Renault. With a proper season in a good car I'm sure he will show he is worthy of an F1 seat.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Luca di Montezemolo to run for Italian presidency in 2013

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-mo ... y-in-2013/

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Well given Italy seems to be brilliant at finding the most corrupt people they can, he fits fine.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:16 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

LOL

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Well given Italy seems to be brilliant at finding the most corrupt people they can

do they even have others?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:15 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Omega wrote:
ellis wrote:
Well given Italy seems to be brilliant at finding the most corrupt people they can

do they even have others?

If paid good then yes, they do have honest politics too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Luca says something sensible for once
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96826

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

But unfortunatley he cant decide wich races stay or go :(
Classic tracks rock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:51 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

phil1993 wrote:
Luca says something sensible for once
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96826

F1 goes where the money goes. In the 90s it was Europe. Now it's Asia. And it doesn't matter if Asia suddenly wakes up tomorrow with no money, because the European circuits will welcome them back with open arms. There is no "warning" to be had here.

Quote:
He admitted that he was puzzled that a higher priority was not given to running races in the USA with so many other countries joining the calendar in recent years.

He's not confused or puzzled by that, he's frustrated that Ferraris biggest market doesn't have races for him to market his cars in. Everybody knows why F1 isn't in the US - because it always makes a financial loss and brings up sod all interest. And when things are going ok, F1 still manages to fuck it up, like the Michelin issues at Indy, which somewhat ironically, were made worse by Ferraris refusal to do what was best for the sport and stick to their guns. But Luca don't give a shit about that, he cares about his income.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:57 pm 
The most anticipated member

It was announced a new racing facility in the Beto Carrero World Park, in Santa Catarina state. It's designed by Hermann Tilke (arrgh) and the circuit aims to host F1 races in a near future. It's in the same area where it was inaugurated weeks ago a Kart circuit also designed by Hermann Tilke and that hosted the 500 miles of Kart.

Beto Carrero is Latin America's Disneyland

http://www.betocarrero.com.br/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks too small. Turn 3 looks nice but the rest is meh. Another track not needed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:15 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Looks like a mix of Istanbul, Shanghai and Korea.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

amq55 wrote:
Looks like a mix of Istanbul, Shanghai and Korea.

The best of Herman Tilke, soon available.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:35 pm 
Permabanned

2011 Top 10 overtakers by Mercedes

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/11/22/b ... -mercedes/
:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
Another track not needed.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 12093 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1598 599 600 601 602605 Next