TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 10, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 58151 Next

What's going to be the biggest surprise of 2016 season?
Ferrari beats Mercedes 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Williams will stay 3rd in standings 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
McLaren Honda gets podium 37%  37%  [ 29 ]
No wet races 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Maldonado and Palmer are incredibly reliable and scores in every race 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
People will not complain how boring it is 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
It isn't actually boring at all 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Total votes: 79
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:56 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP DERP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

IceMan wrote:
Joe Saward, like him or hate him, has pretty much nailed it: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016/03 ... n-to-stop/

Actually, he is dead wrong about who can change it. Ferrari will not change anything out of business interest, as is Mercedes. So nothing will happen from that side. The only ones in control are the workers. The one that actually do the work like in any company. The mechanics, engineers and ultimately the drivers. Talk is cheap, especially coming from a bunch of millionaires. They are the ones that have to take drastic action to force other people to listen and change.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He is right about one thing, once you've lost a fan, it's near impossible to get them back, just look at what the split did for Indycar, even the pretend reunification couldn't bring back those fans who'd turned to other interests, even though NASCAR is doing badly compared to it's heyday, it still pulls in more viewers for one race than Indycar does collectively for the entire year.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is true, and bad reputations take 10 years or more to get back from. In the midst of the most amazing F1 season of late history (2012), whenever I said I enjoyed F1, I had casuals mocking the sport as "boring" and "nothing ever happens" and "the same people always win" and "they can't pass each other on track".

Why? Because we humans are lazy dumb fucks who live constantly in the past, and don't naturally seek to challenge our made-up ideas about anything really. These guys were simply thinking of F1 in the Ferrari/Schumacher days, and never gave it a second chance.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:32 pm 

Joe Saward is bipolar as f*ck. Just saying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess that is normal that when we get old we get bored with some things and just quit doing it

with F1 is just the same, people who liked to see Stewart, Rindt and Lauda couldn't stand seeing cars filled with electronics like active suspension and so

the problem is that youngsters doesn't get the same thing with F1 like I did, or some racing fans. I'll only stop watching when it ceases to exist, maybe the last one

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:11 am 

In other slightly F1 related news;

This men should be shot Punished!

Quote:
Former racer Gary Brabham found guilty of charges in Australia

Former racer and the son of three-time Formula 1 world champion Sir Jack Brabham, Gary Brabham has been found guilty of raping a six-year-old girl in Australia.

Brabham, who won the 1989 British Formula 3000 championship before failing to qualify for a pair of F1 races in 1990 with Life, was convicted in a court in Brisbane on Friday.

The 54-year-old was found guilty on one count of rape and one count of indecent treatment of a girl under six, for offences that occurred between 2003 and '07.

He was found not guilty of five other charges of indecent treatment, following proceedings that started when the girl told her mother, who then reported it to police, in October 2013.

The 1988 British Formula 3 runner-up, Brabham won the Sebring 12 Hours in 1991 and made a pair of Indycar starts on the Gold Coast before retiring in '95.

He was remanded in custody and is set to be sentenced next month.

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123452/gary-brabham-found-guilty-of-charges

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wowsers that's horrible. So um...should he get...Life?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:57 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow. If that was my daughter he better have fled the planet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:02 am 

webbsy wrote:
Wowsers that's horrible. So um...should he get...Life?

:red:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:21 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I never knew there was another Brabham besides Jack and David.

For the rest. Well, euhm.....some people...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:27 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That's just horrible, can't get much worse than that.

At least Jack himself is spared from this but unfortunately the girl and her family will have to deal with this the rest of their lives.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

siggy wrote:
I never knew there was another Brabham besides Jack and David.

For the rest. Well, euhm.....some people...

There's also a Geoff. He was considerably more successful than Gary. Geoff was pretty competitive in CART in 1987 with a Honda engine. :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:36 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Geoff Brabham was damn good in both Indycars and IMSA. Dominated IMSA with Nissan for a long time. And probably one of the best ever in Indycar to have never won a race. Did a few with Penske subbing for Sullivan IIRC, but never got it.

Who the fuck is Gary Brabham? Not worthy of that last name. May he rot away somewhere in obscure, and in our memories.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Geoff used to race Nissans at IMSA, won several times there, now his son is taking a shot at Indy 500

when they first showed the news, I had David in mind, but then the news only mentioned that Gary raced in Life, but not at Simtek like David did

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I also thought of David when I saw the news. I was horrified, because he organises kart races for charity every year and seems like a decent man. Obviously I was thinking about the wrong brother. I don't know much about Gary, but that's pretty shocking news.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Apparently, he had already been sentenced of child abuse in 2009 and was jailed, but managed to have his name redacted.

Quote:
GARY Brabham, son of motor racing legend Sir Jack Brabham, is a serial child molester who, for years, hid his crimes behind a wall of lies.

Only his ashamed family knew the truth.

In 2009 the former Gold Coast-based international racing driver pleaded guilty to charges of indecent dealing of a child under 12 years.

Brabham managed to have his name suppressed as he served out his time in high security at Wacol jail.

On his release, in an attempt to rebuild his motor racing career, Brabham claimed to have been overseas working for large motoring companies.

“I enjoyed sports cars,” he told Racer Views.com in an interview.
“I think the thing I enjoyed most of all was testing, and I had a good reputation for it. I got to test different cars. Even Nissan used to fly me to America just to test.”

He talked up running “a few high-performance days with dad” and vowed to develop workplace health and safety initiatives to reduce company car ­accidents.

Gary Brabham with brother Geoff in the pits after practice for the Bathurst 1000.
But this week the sham ended when the 54-year-old was again convicted of one count of rape and six of indecent treatment of a child under 12 years. He was found not guilty of five other counts of indecent treatment.

His victims are sisters and the devastation caused by Brabham was described by family friends as “extensive”.

“It’s been nearly a nine-year ordeal for us,” said the mother. This has been a really difficult time for our family.

“It is nearly over now and the truth has come out. We’ve got sentencing in three weeks.
“It’s probably a relief the truth has come out but I just don’t know how I feel. It hasn’t really sunk in.”

Family and friends were stunned by the lack of remorse from the grey-haired, balding, former sports star as he left the Brisbane District Court for a smoke between breaks in his trial during the week.

“There is no remorse. He looks and smiles and shakes his head,” a Brabham relative said.

But they also watched as his brother Geoff bowed his head as the prosecution summed up the shocking details of the case. They saw Geoff Brabham’s wife Roseina in tears.

Outside the court, Geoff Brabham, on approaching the victim’s family was apologetic, telling them, “I’m only here because he’s my brother”. Before leaving, he placed his hand on the shoulder of a woman and told her, “Good luck”.

The jury had been shown a 2012 video of his second victim, now aged 19, telling a police officer that Brabham had touched inside her vagina as she sat on his lap wearing shorts, as he drove a car.

After one of the five separate incidents between 2003 and 2007, when the girl was aged between six and 10, she recalled sobbing after Brabham rubbed his hand on her vagina as she sat on a toy chest.

The girl’s mother took her daughter to police after the girl told her of the abuse in October, 2013. Only after the verdicts, the courtroom heard he had a “criminal history”.

His sentencing will occur in three weeks.

A friend of the family told the Gold Coast Bulletin: “He was what psychologists would call a groomer. He would set the scene up. He would groom the target into a false sense of safety.”

Brabham, with his dark-haired boyish looks, was the Aussie poster boy for the Gold Coast Indycar races in 1993-4 as our first local competitor in the American series.

He raced in Formula One and won the 1989 British Formula 3000 Championship.

Brabham did not give evidence at his trial.

Relatives and friends see him facing his biggest challenge – to acknowledge the pain of his victims.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:13 pm 

Lock that men away for the rest of his rotten miserable life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

and let the inmates know what he did

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh they'll know, the guards will make sure of that.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 3010 posts ]  Go to page Previous 154 55 56 57 58151 Next