TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 11:24 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 838 Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

StefMeister wrote:
Bernie - "There a bit louder than we thought,

This is what I've said all along.

The sounds is good, it just doesn't translate well onto TV.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:37 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I love how these cars are moving around more than they were before, Its so much more fun watching them now compared to when they looked like they were on rails the past few years.

Ricciardo's fuel flow sensor failed in FP1, Been replaced by a new one which is currently working.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 am 
2012 F1 Pick-Ems champion

Chilton posting Chilton speeds (in p20)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumifan wrote:
Things keep getting better for Lotus

If they keep it up they're out (be)fore 2015. 11th means no money from Bernie and then it's game over man.....game over!!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

STR looks incredibly nervous everywhere, Tons of driver input on the wheel with the back end sliding around.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:25 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Gonna be a fun race on Sunday. This track is pretty fun to race on so should be a lot of action.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:54 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

surprised to see how close the field is. I hope it carries on into the weekend.

apparently it has been a very dry period recently. So a dry race is on the cards :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just a question, and sorry if it has been covered here before, but how come the Red Bull doesn't have the front cameras sticking out on the nose mount? The nose doesn't appear to be as wide as the end of the cameras, so how can they get away with not having them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
Just a question, and sorry if it has been covered here before, but how come the Red Bull doesn't have the front cameras sticking out on the nose mount? The nose doesn't appear to be as wide as the end of the cameras, so how can they get away with not having them?

I think there's no rule about how far you put the cameras from the centre line of the car. Therefore I think Red Bull have put them within the nose of the car, and there is a small hole in the nose for the camera to view through. I'm sure I saw this in an illustration in Autosport a few weeks ago, unless I imagined it!

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Slam wrote:
webbsy wrote:

I think there's no rule about how far you put the cameras from the centre line of the car. Therefore I think Red Bull have put them within the nose of the car, and there is a small hole in the nose for the camera to view through. I'm sure I saw this in an illustration in Autosport a few weeks ago, unless I imagined it!

That is indeed what they have done. Typical Newey inventiveness, although now I'm waiting for our first camera fire...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

phil1993 wrote:
kals wrote:
But back to the original point, it was Senna and Schumacher that created the poor tactics and defensive driving that we see today. If the authorities ever had the balls to deal with the actions at the time it is very likely we'd see a different style of driving up and down the motorsport ladder today. End of discussion.

This is something I discussed with a few journalists last year. A hell of a lot of the young drivers now idolise either Senna or Schumacher and they're channeling those guys through their driving style, when they don't have the talent to back it up.

I've read this in several places, too. It seems as though the stewards in the lower formulae don't or won't do enough to enforce decent standards to begin with, which is bad when you consider the driving standards most young fans now seem as normal. The modern safety standards basically give young drivers a sense of bravery that drivers in the 80s and early 90s couldn't afford to have.

Also, I'd be interested to know when Soul Reaver started watching F1. No overtaking before 2011!? :idea:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Slam wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Ok thanks for explaining that, but I just found it odd that every other car seemd to have the cameras in exactly the same position protruding out the same distance. So that would explain why the Red Bull nose is the most elegant, it has a vanity panel to cover up the cameras!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:12 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I really liked the McLaren up until this weekend, it always looked nice out on track, but the new schnoz has ruined the flowing line it had ... oh well.

That being said, I'm enjoying watching the cars on track, they move around a lot more, the cars aren't so planted by the aero.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:06 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

webbsy wrote:
Slam wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Ok thanks for explaining that, but I just found it odd that every other car seemd to have the cameras in exactly the same position protruding out the same distance. So that would explain why the Red Bull nose is the most elegant, it has a vanity panel to cover up the cameras!

Utilized my fantastic Photoshop-skills to point out the camera:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That Adrian Newey guy is one genius little bastard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fish88 wrote:

Please don't tell me you're only realising this now?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
could be a good way to improve air flow in a hidden air duct, but that was banned and it couldn't improve the engine cooling

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

They have made the hole for the camera bigger this weekend.

Although apparently FOM can't actually get one of there cameras in there & there obviously unable to run one of the rear-facing camera's on the right side. So there's some talk that this solution will soon be banned & they will be forced to have the camera mounts on either side like everyone else.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Fish88 wrote:

Please don't tell me you're only realising this now?

No, but the fact he is still surprising us with the weirdest little details on the cars nobody else thinks of, makes my admiration for him only bigger (despite the team he is working for).

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 750 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 838 Next