Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Hey all!

Quote:
I'm sure many of you will never have heard of the NASA 25 Hours of Thunderhill. It's a club-level event held annually out in Willows, California at Thunderhill Raceway Park. It occasionally attracts some manufacturers, and also served as the launch of the new B-Spec concept last year. This year the event stands to attract around 85-cars to go round and round through the night. For the first time, the event will have live coverage via an audio broadcast! Endurance Radio will be providing coverage of the full event beginning at 18:45GMT (1:45PM EST, 10:45AM PST) and continue right the way through the race until it concludes at 12:00PM PST on Sunday. I'll be commentating live from the drivers lounge at the circuit - so you'll hear from the drivers during the race - including some names you'll recognize! (Jon Fogarty and Johannes Van Overbeek, anyone?) Check out http://www.enduranceradio.net for all the details, including live timing and entry list links... Please also look us up on Facebook and follow our twitter @endurance_radio, which we'll update live during the race.

On a more personal level, this is a pretty big deal for me - I'm the announcer! :) I've never had an opportunity quite like this before, and in both my own interests and the interests of the sponsors helping out with the event, I'd like all the help I can get promoting the event. Please copy the above post and post it on your favorite forums to help spread the word! Unfortunately there won't be any video, but the audio will be a good step for the event and the sponsors... Please also feel free to tune in and discuss the event here - I'll try to post as I can during the race. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:01 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dude, that's awesome! :ohmy:

I wish you some good luck! :flag:

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Getting excited now :) Flying out to Sacramento tomorrow morning, then renting a car and driving the rest of the way north. Going to be an amazing weekend!

Information for the race - entry lists and such - are available now at http://www.nasa25hour.com ... Check them out - some pretty interesting cars this time around, including the Minis from the Grand-Am Continental Tire Challenge series, two Normas, some Porsche Cup cars, an RCR Superlite Eagle, and a Chevy Silverado!

Entry List: http://www.nasa25hour.com/25hour_entries_11-17-11.pdf

More updates during the weekend. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Good morning from Chico, CA!

So today's the first go at proper track action, there should be testing pretty much all day before qualifying at dusk tonight. No coverage of that I'm afraid but I should be at the track anyway just to get a feel for the event.

There is some good news! There should be live streaming video of the event, likely via a stationary webcam on uStream. Details should be at http://www.nasa25hour.com ... I'm going to work today to see if I can incorporate that into my stream and pair the two up, but we shall see.