TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4966 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5249 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fish88 wrote:
Nice ride, only should be better if it was build to new GT2 or GT1 regulations.

Which aren't ready in enough detail to develop a car.

However, since the future regulations' core is said to be based on current GT3 regs, imo there's a good chance to see the R8 in a higher class for 2010.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Interesting times. ACO announces 2009 regs in 15th of September and possibly finally something about 2010 regs (or in November then). I hope it's not too late for Acura and Aston.

And WMSC will make a decision about GT regs in the end of this year. I guess the SRO suggestion will go through, as every party (FIA/SRO, ACO, manufacturers) finally had some kind of agreement.

Last edited by deggis on Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:40 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Ebessan wrote:
deggis wrote:
I hope it's too late for Acura and Aston.

Why?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oops. "NOT" word missing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:17 am 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

Hah, keep an eye on the ALMS at Detroit people. Acura is making a MAJOR announcement on Friday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:31 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

StanV wrote:
Hah, keep an eye on the ALMS at Detroit people. Acura is making a MAJOR announcement on Friday

since the whole big rumor (is it still a only a rumor?) is that Acura is moving up to LMP1, do you think they'll be running a diesel? Honda is preparing to launch a diesel engine in the US market for 2009, and you really can't compete in LMP1 without one anyway...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

edit: useless mumbling, now that it's official...

Last edited by deggis on Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's official :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4733

Highcroft and De Ferran as expected, Fernandez stays in P2. AGR is apparently out. Full season, debut at Sebring.

Two questions remaining... engine? And how's 24LM or is it self-evident?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:23 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

But nothing about LMS/Le Mans... pfft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:45 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yea, good news.. Acura moving to LMP1.. The problem is now we need the Acura, Audi and Peugoet to run in the same series all year long. Audi are the more consistant of two that will stay in the ALMS for the challenge. Peugoet are the weak leg in the triangle that wont run in the ALMS because they dont have a chance at winning. Plus they are scared to run a program that has more of a challenge.

I also here that we should here more noise from the ALMS side shortly, the Rumor is that Toyota and Nissan is Activley looking at running in the ALMS. Porsche was considered too but, not much new here recently.

Plus, Audi R8 running in GT3 great looking car..
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2009/a/2009-Audi-R8-GT3-Side-Angle-1280x960.jpg

Last edited by Mercedes5CLR on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thumbnail, smaller pic or url, please. Pics were already posted in the 1st post but more because it screws up the page layout.

edit: would be no problem at the old board, phpBB3 can handle too wide pic but phpBB2 can't...

Last edited by deggis on Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:06 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yeah, those are the one I resized to smaller size, uploaded, and StanV used :lol:

All 4 from the Audi Motorsport media site, shame they don't have any more, sure would love to see a cockpit shot 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mercedes5CLR wrote:
Yea, good news.. Acura moving to LMP1.. The problem is now we need the Acura, Audi and Peugoet to run in the same series all year long. Audi are the more consistant of two that will stay in the ALMS for the challenge. Peugoet are the weak leg in the triangle that wont run in the ALMS because they dont have a chance at winning. Plus they are scared to run a program that has more of a challenge.

I see your point. Especially if Aston decides to join as full works entry (in LMS), would be kind of shame if only Le Mans (if even that, Acura might not do it?) would gather all the big boys together.

Then again better to stop complaining and refresh memory how crap it used to pre-2005... :lol:

The thing that Peugeot does not sell cars in US was already mentioned. Sebring and Petit are "only testing".

Quote:
I also here that we should here more noise from the ALMS side shortly, the Rumor is that Toyota and Nissan is Activley looking at running in the ALMS. Porsche was considered too but, not much new here recently.

And sources or just speculation getting mixed up with facts? Nissan, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:22 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

deggis its been a known fact that Toyota and Nissan have looked at the ALMS the last two seasons since Acura was thrown into the mix.

Just this year alone ALMS Reps. were hosting some People of both Manufactures at this years 12 hours of sebring. SpeedChannel here during the live broadcast talked to the head of motorsports comp. for the ALMS and he stated some of the new Manufacture intrests he has been attending to.

http://www.mariantic.co.uk/lmp/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:51 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Uhm isn't the Dome S102 the "new" Toyota? From what I've heard they got the official support Toyota? And they had been testing the TS020 on Paul Ricard to make some new Toyota GT One, which turns out to be the Dome... Could be wrong tho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:09 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

There was new of Toyota Support but, it was like the Acura teams. The Factory supplies tech and some money but, it is still run as a private team. Toyota are still up in the air about the Fourth coming rules changes by the ACO.

But you are Right. Vertigo..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:00 pm 
Something that cropped up in Autosport this week

The organiser of the Bucharest race is in talks with the government officials of the Bulgarian resort of Varna for a race on a 2.1 mile circuit through the streets as part of a double header with the Romanian race as soon as next year

tbh I'm really not sure about the way the FIA GT Champ is going. There's exploring new areas away from traditional areas, but I think they're taking it a step too far and I'm not sure if the whole World GT concept is viable long-term

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think it is time to the usual FIA cockup.

FIA GT will be restarted, sucking for a few years, then when it gets better they get crazy again and over and over again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mercedes5CLR wrote:
deggis its been a known fact that Toyota and Nissan have looked at the ALMS the last two seasons since Acura was thrown into the mix.

Having a look at certain series is far from a decision to actually join it.

In January it was reported in Japanese media that "Toyota @ Le Mans with hybrid in 2010" but that turned out to be a total misunderstanding. Since that Toyota has been in the speculation.

See this: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/64831

I think the KERS introduction next year in F1 is going to lessen Toyota's interest to sportscars.

Quote:
Just this year alone ALMS Reps. were hosting some People of both Manufactures at this years 12 hours of sebring. SpeedChannel here during the live broadcast talked to the head of motorsports comp. for the ALMS and he stated some of the new Manufacture intrests he has been attending to.

You must be referring to this? http://www.americanlemans.com/News/Article.aspx?ID=4397

Atherton: "I can say with absolutely sincerity that we have been approached by two manufacturers, neither one of which are currently racing with us"

Other one could be just BMW... not involved currently, altough Rahal doing M3 GTR entry next year is not a secret.

Quote:

I know that, I visit it every day but it's primarily a rumour log.

Vertigo wrote:
Uhm isn't the Dome S102 the "new" Toyota? From what I've heard they got the official support Toyota? And they had been testing the TS020 on Paul Ricard to make some new Toyota GT One, which turns out to be the Dome... Could be wrong tho

That's so many months ago but as far as I remember that GT One testing had nothing to do with future racing, it was some kind of prep for historic use or something. I could be wrong but something like that. That's so old car that would not make much use anyway.

Mercedes5CLR wrote:
There was new of Toyota Support but, it was like the Acura teams. The Factory supplies tech and some money but, it is still run as a private team. Toyota are still up in the air about the Fourth coming rules changes by the ACO.

Not the same thing as Acuras since there's nothing official in the connection... if there's such connection.

And Dome will be back next year with Judd.

Source here: http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=fr&tl=en

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:25 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I guess this is the proper thread to post it this, so...

today (01/09), is the day that Stefan Bellof passed away after a crash between his Brun Porsche and the Rothmans Porsche of Jacky Ickx, during Spa 1000 km of 1985

the 1984 World Spotscars Champion died in a crash at Eau Rouge and one of the greatest motor racing talents from Germany leaved us without showin what he could really do at Formula 1 racing in a strong car

RIP Stefan Bellof (1957-1985)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4966 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5249 Next