TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:12 am 
The most anticipated member

Brazilian Automobile Confederation (CBA) has announced a new national racing series, based on the Touring concept.

The country already has one main racing series that's subject to many discussions regarding its actual concept. Some say it's closer to Stock Car racing, some say it's a prototype racing series and there are those who even say it's GT - I'm referring to Stock Car Brasil, its name has varied throughout the years, but basically it's a national championship that exists officially since 1979.

But this time, CBA has decided to create a parallel new racing series based strictly on Touring concept, planned to be Stock Car Brasil's counterpart - having direct influence from the interested Manufacturers, providing and developing all the technologies involved and of course, the engines. Making comparisons, it's going to be like Germany's DTM, Australia's V8 Supercars, Argentina's TC 2000 and Britain's BTCC.

Honda, Chevrolet and Ford are the Manufacturers announced for the first year, that's already 2011 and they're going to put on track the cars that are selling hits in Brazilian market: Honda Civic, Chevrolet Astra and Ford Focus.

Petrobrás is the main financial thread. Pirelli will supply the tyres.

2011 Schedule

1. Curitiba 05/25
2. Tarumã 06/12
3. Sao Paulo 07/17
4. Rio de Janeiro 07/31
5. Velopark 08/21
6. Rio de Janeiro 09/25
7. Brasilia 10/30
8. Curitiba 11/20

There is still no official website, it's probably going to be released next month and there are no details regarding the TV broadcast for Brasil and other countries, but negotiations are going on. There's still a lot to do in order to improve racing as a sport in Brasil and South America as a whole, but it's a great new start and I wish we can make it right. With our Economy improving, it's possible to make Touring in this country without any trauma or fear. Years ago, talk about "Touring" in Brazil was almost like insult, it was considered extremely expensive, economically impracticable and etc. I believe now we can do it and do it well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:29 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

J.Morelli wrote:
Some say it's closer to Stock Car racing, some say it's a prototype racing series and there are those who even say it's GT - I'm referring to Stock Car Brasil

.../...

Making comparisons, it's going to be like Germany's DTM, Australia's V8 Supercars, Argentina's TC 2000 and Britain's BTCC.

Um, okay. That makes no sense, since those four are all very different.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does it conform to any FIA Touring Car regs?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Will the cars be as much of a death trap as the other stock car series? And will this one be filled with F1 rejects?

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:40 am 

They're postponing the series debut month after month. It doesn't even have an official website and I bet they don't even have the cars...I think it's going to be a big of a fail.

And each car costing like R$ 600.000 (more than U$ 370,000) you're not expecting any successful series anyway. Looks like a BIG of a fail.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:25 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Wow, what a completely ludicrous price for a car. Defs going to fail.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just add it to the list of series that were never anything more than a dream on a bit of paper then.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:48 pm 

I hope this category will grow in my country
:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:45 pm 

Ford car has been launched last week. I have seen some pics back in April of Honda's car being tested in Rio, it looks exactly like the ones they use in TC 2000 in Argentina. Now it's remaining the Toyota Corolla...and of course, the drivers and tracks, meanwhile there's still no website, nothing but just random and obscure news. With all the money Petrobrás has, I thought they would do things happen quickly...

Source: Flavio Gomes (http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes ... omment-20/)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:57 pm 

Great car!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:30 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Weird Series...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:20 am 

And the series made its debut on the traditional Tarumã track this weekend. Thiago Camilo, a brazilian Stock Car driver aswell, won the inaugural race.

Next race is scheduled for Interlagos, on July 17th. I'll probably be going there to see with my own eyes wether the series is good or not. It's looking good so far, four car manufacturers supplying equipments for the teams, Chevrolet, Ford, Honda and Toyota. We just need more drivers. Meanwhile, If this series is going to be as famous as Stock Car Brasil and F-Truck, only time will answer. Idea is good, concept is good.

Official website: http://brasileirodemarcas.com.br/

Mercedes and Audi has begun two interesting Touring series in Brazil. Mercedes started last weekend a series called "Mercedes Grand Challenge", bringing a grid full of Mercedes C250 CGI cars, 8 races in the inaugural year (Curitiba, Sta Cruz do Sul, Interlagos, Rio, Campo Grande, Londrina and Interlagos again). Official website: http://www.mercedes-benz.com.br/grandchallenge/

While Audi debuted a series called "DTCC - Driver Touring Car Cup" with 6 rounds in the inaugural year. It's currently the most accessible series for those who are wanting to begin a career in Touring. http://www.dtcc.com.br/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

J.Morelli wrote:
Ford car has been launched last week. I have seen some pics back in April of Honda's car being tested in Rio, it looks exactly like the ones they use in TC 2000 in Argentina. Now it's remaining the Toyota Corolla...and of course, the drivers and tracks, meanwhile there's still no website, nothing but just random and obscure news. With all the money Petrobrás has, I thought they would do things happen quickly...

Source: Flavio Gomes (http://colunistas.ig.com.br/flaviogomes ... omment-20/)

That car looks almost the same as the Benelux Racing League V6 cars that drove until last year. That was more a stockcar rather than a touringcar.