TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

7 have a history of not realising the importance of synchronising live telecasts of important events with the rest of the world. The Lost finale (not that I gave a shit about it) for one.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Finally finished on TV, thought it was the worst Bathurst I've ever seen. Apart from Coulthard's flip and the Lowndes/Besnard battle, it was boring as hell. Even the finish, which even in a dull race can be amazing, sucked.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:50 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I thought it was a good race. Lack of safety car artificialness (they only threw them when needed), and the the quick guys got the results deserved. Enjoyed it very much.

Have to agree about the Channel 7 coverage. Delaying it doesn't bother me, what got me was the ad breaks every 5 minutes!

And Fabian Coulthard has joined Glenn Seton, Peter Brock & Tomas Mezera as a driver to roll a touring car at Caltex Chase.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:00 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

mclaren2008 wrote:
If they were taking bets on the amount of ad breaks I'd put $20 on 7 or more hours

I think I was prety close

Enjoyed the race much more than the Suzuka race :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:16 pm 

racer69 wrote:
I thought it was a good race. Lack of safety car artificialness (they only threw them when needed), and the the quick guys got the results deserved. Enjoyed it very much.

Have to agree about the Channel 7 coverage. Delaying it doesn't bother me, what got me was the ad breaks every 5 minutes!

And Fabian Coulthard has joined Glenn Seton, Peter Brock & Tomas Mezera as a driver to roll a touring car at Caltex Chase.

when did glenn seton roll at bathurst??

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

crashdave wrote:

I think he rolled once in the top 10 shootout. Also Don Watson rolled there (well he only got on his side) and was sadly killed when he hit that tire wall across the sand trap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah, my point is that I'll never understand how they forced the issue on that enough to kick out the one Ford team that has been able to win consistently in the last 5 years.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:18 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Ford actually concentrated on the Factory team and SBR. DJR and 888 weren't getting any funding when they first announced the Ford team's funding. I think they provided some minimal funding for DJR last year, and increased the DJR funding for this year.

Still a dumb-ass move on Ford's part for not funding 888 because they were predominantly red.

I enjoyed the race, apart from the 15 laps I dozed off during (wasn't bored just tired from 4 hours sleep). Solid racing, generally there were battles that could be viewed on track. Not the most exciting, but still enjoyable. Probably was dulled that after Lap 1, there wasn't anything quite like that to get the heart rate going.

Excellent drive from Lowndes being in the car for a 79 lap stint. Slightly longer than the old double stint (pre E85).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ford not supporting 888 financially was definitely the main factor; 888 weren't considering Holden, as a convenient match to their BTCC GM relationship or otherwise, before Ford started their blue obsession. Roland Dane's comments in the immediate aftermath made it clear they felt they deserved the manufacturer support, and it showed a huge lack of respect not to support their leading team, let alone expect them to drop the biggest sponsor in the business because its colours didn't agree with Ford.

Who the fuck insists on a common colour for race liveries by manufacturer anyway? This isn't F1, this is a touring car series with only 2 manufacturers. I bet Holden couldn't believe their luck that Ford would have their heads up their asses that far. Ford obviously have no problem supporting teams with non-blue schemes now, judging by them now supporting DJR. Hopefully whoever had the blue idea got shitcanned.

Again, I say this as a massive Ford fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Hopefully whoever had the blue idea got shitcanned.

I'm not sure if whoever thought of the idea got shitcanned or resigned, but I'm certain current CEO Marin Burela wasn't around when they ditched 888 and brought in the blue car policy. But I agree, it's probably the worst policy in the history of motorsport, certainly V8 Supercars, and it has probably set them back a couple of years. Doesn't help when FPR are consistently underachieving. As much as I hate Roland Dane, he's a smart man, and if Ford didn't want to support his team that had won 2 straight Bathursts and the championship at the time (which is more than enough reason to warrant factory support), Holden would've been just as stupid not to pick up 888.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:56 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

crashdave wrote:

Rolled the PJ Nissan Skyline in 1988 at the media day.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

Not a bad race, but why does someone shit always have to win whenever I stay up until stupid o'clock to watch a race?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Says the guy with an avatar of Jason Plato.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 393 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20