TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Location: Jenson Button is running in the top 10 in 11th place.
mclaren2008 wrote:
Mini Challenge has been dumped from next year. Maybe the crash into the crowd at Queensland and other serious accidents have been contributing factors, alongside the lack of entries.

Nah its been dumped because it was shit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:29 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

footballs wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Mini Challenge has been dumped from next year. Maybe the crash into the crowd at Queensland and other serious accidents have been contributing factors, alongside the lack of entries.

Nah its been dumped because it was shit.

The organisers wouldn't say that but I do agree

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:40 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Unfortunatly, the replacement will likely be more of this one-make rubbish, Carrera Cup

Ospi wrote:
More aussie racing cars I say, things are a hoot.

They're pretty freelance these days after problems with VESA (or VES now....) previously in the last few years. They've popped up everywhere from the AGP, Australian Superbikes rounds and rather curiously at the Muscle Car Masters, which puzzled many an onlooker...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer69 wrote:
Unfortunatly, the replacement will likely be more of this one-make rubbish, Carrera Cup

Hey, I liked the Carrera Cup. Even if the racing wasn't up to scratch, the cars sounded awesome, something that the Mini Challenge can't claim.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

We have a wicked Suzuki Swift Cup series here in NZ, and they are going to start up a series in Aus as well, so that might be your replacement :thumbsup:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:13 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Dick Trickle wrote:
Hey, I liked the Carrera Cup. Even if the racing wasn't up to scratch, the cars sounded awesome, something that the Mini Challenge can't claim.

My comment was more aimed at one-make racing in general, not Carrera Cup itself.

It serves no real purpose, especially the hideously expensive stuff like Carrera Cup and Mini's. I'd rather watch some variety, not a stack of the same cars in different colours.

The only one-make series that encouraged young guns (as opposed to cashed up amateurs) and was cheap enough for them to run the cars etc... was the Goodyear Laser Series from the mid-80s, one Mark Skaife made his name in them, David Brabham got his start in them too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:39 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lady Felchington wrote:
Bring back a wing and slick series like Formula Holden or the TRS

Definatly something like Formula Holden, preferably with a V8, would be good to get open-wheelers back on the map in this country

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Supports should be like Formula Ford, Aussie Racing Cars, PCC, Utes and TRS. Should be like BTCC weekends where there are like 4 or 5 supports with the BTCC.

Glad the Mini's are gone they were so boring.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:19 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

You make a point there, in that V8Supercars Australia seem to be averse to something lapping quicker than their cars... although F3 does support them sometimes, as have Sports Sedans in the past, and both those categories generally lap tracks faster than the taxi's.

I'm not a usually a one-make man, but something like F/Renault 3.5 could be a start, something with abit of balls to make open-wheelers be something to aspire to drive, rather than seen as a stepping stone.

I don't see TRS being much more popular than F3, probably less so as it has no relevance anywhere else except NZ, and wouldn't be an 'aspirational' kind of class (and aren't the grids poor in NZ now anyway?)

As for F5000, YES YES YES. Big fan of the class, even in the wet at Eastern Creek yesterday they were a sight to behold

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I always cringe when the F5000s come together though. Defently a sight to behold watching them go past when i was at the GP last year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Sydney 500's this weekend, and it looks like there's going to be another added variable to the championship fight between Courtney and Whincup: weather. Showers are expected all weekend; 40% chance of rain Friday, 60% on Saturday and Sunday. If it's anything like last year, add some rain and it will be epic.

And the 2010 season's not done but we've already had the first 2011 scheme released, with FPR showing off the Trading Post Falcon to be driven by Will Davison.

**Spoilered as it's too big to fit across the screen**
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man, I love these paint schemes on these cars. NASCAR designers have a LOT to learn.

SPEED as far as I know still hasn't shown the last race yet. They need to get their ass in gear! :x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
SPEED as far as I know still hasn't shown the last race yet. They need to get their ass in gear! :x

That's because the last race is this weekend. ;) Unless you're talking about the last race run, which is Sandown, as that's scheudled to be on SPEED Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:58 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lady Felchington wrote:
[I really hate the fact that they've got ridden of the numbers though, the numbers on the rear side windows are just so bland. The number is sometimes 40-50% of the scheme itself.

Agree completely.. plus a racing car just HAS to have a number on the door.... thankfully the likes of DJR have kept the tradition going, GRM too until this year.

I've found that numbers have become pretty meaningless now they are just in the rear window

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer69 wrote:
Lady Felchington wrote:
[I really hate the fact that they've got ridden of the numbers though, the numbers on the rear side windows are just so bland. The number is sometimes 40-50% of the scheme itself.

Agree completely.. plus a racing car just HAS to have a number on the door.... thankfully the likes of DJR have kept the tradition going, GRM too until this year.

GRM still had their number on the side of their cars this year, however it was a small number on the mudguard, kinda like the Jim Beam cars after the winter break. But I agree with both of you, I seriously hate window numbers. What would work I reckon, is if we have to have window numbers, make them compulsory and also make numbers on the doors compulsory. That way, it looks like a proper race car and not a goddamn show car.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:57 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Really made a meal of watching the final round. Working saturday and have to go to a chrisining with the gf sunday (not for me thank fuck). :(

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

pretty big mess in the ute race

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Holy shit! Nearly the entire field, including the 3 championship contenders, have crashed!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:51 am 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Dick Trickle wrote:
Holy shit! Nearly the entire field, including the 3 championship contenders, have crashed!!

V8 Race? I think stream im watching is on a delay.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

rgordon wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:

V8 Race? I think stream im watching is on a delay.

Yeah. The field was on slicks on a massively wet track, and a demo derby ensured.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 693 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35 Next