TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
If people think this race is boring, why even bother watching?

Same reason like Misterfreeman87.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:25 pm 

Scheider says the post-finish halt was just a precaution:

"With the economical crisis and fuel saving, you know...well, there's enough fuel left in there...!"

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well the race wasn't at all that bad, it had some decent battles and action.
But DTM somehow manages to to make it "look" boring. The question is why!?
I think the TV coverage plays a big part because it is unbelievable boring. Every year the same track camera angels. And these angles are not even spectacular. Every year the same monotone TV-graphics. That monochrome black-and-white look is, well, not really exciting. The should add some features like rev meter, track map and stuff like this. Or just add some animated graphics to make it look a bit more dynamic. They could do a lot to to provide a unique TV presentation. But somehow WIGE Media does not seem to be interested in that.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 2:40 pm 

Somebody (I think it was cookie) said years ago that DTM could easily have a TV coverage on par (or even above) F1!

Yeah, I really hate these wide shots from above (in F1 as well), makes everything look static! And the graphics....WHAT YEAR ARE WE IN? Even the F3 Euroseries graphics look better!

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:36 pm 

The Race was quite good, nice DTM racing. Very sad ending for Erstöm but good for Kristensen.
Kristensen deserve it after his horrible crash two years ago!

PS: Kristensen sprach im Interview mit Lufen von einem verstorbenen Freund oder Familienmitglied und das er diesem den Sieg witmen würde. Wen meinte er damit?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

DTMEnthusiast wrote:
The Race was quite good, nice DTM racing. Very sad ending for Erstöm but good for Kristensen.
Kristensen deserve it after his horrible crash two years ago!

PS: Kristensen sprach im Interview mit Lufen von einem verstorbenen Freund oder Familienmitglied und das er diesem den Sieg witmen würde. Wen meinte er damit?

Huh, what do you want to know? He means that he dedicated his victory to a friend of family member.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 4:55 pm 

Quote:
Huh, what do you want to know? He means that he dedicated his victory to a friend of family member.

I couldn't understand everything what he was talking, just heard something about ...dead member of the family... and I thought he could mean a member of his Family :?

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 5:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Echti wrote:
Well the race wasn't at all that bad, it had some decent battles and action.
But DTM somehow manages to to make it "look" boring. The question is why!?
I think the TV coverage plays a big part because it is unbelievable boring. Every year the same track camera angels. And these angles are not even spectacular. Every year the same monotone TV-graphics. That monochrome black-and-white look is, well, not really exciting. The should add some features like rev meter, track map and stuff like this. Or just add some animated graphics to make it look a bit more dynamic. They could do a lot to to provide a unique TV presentation. But somehow WIGE Media does not seem to be interested in that.

You forgot the worst part of it, the german commentary duo. I mean they actualy even managed to stay asleep at the exiting first lap and tried theire best to let the exciting parts of the race look dull.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Toto87 wrote:
Big shunts at the start of the ADAC Polo Cup

Wow, looks big :8:

Would love to see a video of that :p

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:26 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cheeveer wrote:
This race was blatantly fixed, like most other DTM races.
Kristensen just announced that he will retire after this season, so Audi wants to create extra PR around by making him this season's champion.
Imagine the headlines:

"Kristensen wins his last DTM season for Audi!"

Lots of emotion as he finish his last race as champion. And by make sure he wins the first race of the season, Audi will justify their need for the other drivers to back him up for the rest of the year because he is leading the points table.
Audi deliberately gave Ekström a bad set of tyres that wouldn't last the distance.

But in the end it doesn't matter since Ekström is still the guy to beat. Watch him dominate this years races just to suffer from mysterious mechanical failures with a few laps to go each time.

It's ridiculous that the two supposedly best and most respected touring car championships in the world, DTM and WTCC, are also the worst. :flag: :flag: :flag:
fanboy lol

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:00 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

racefan wrote:

I'll try to post videos tomorrow. At the moment I'm recording Grand-Am so I can't post any video.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 9:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Toto87 wrote:
racefan wrote:

I'll try to post videos tomorrow. At the moment I'm recording Grand-Am so I can't post any video.

Okay thank you very much! :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 am 
I can't understand why people usually compare WTCC and DTM.They're too different. Silhouettes are closer to spots cars where door-to-door action is rather rare. Besides nobody uses every tricks in the book to equalize the competitors like in WTCC where it became stupid. If I wanted to watch horse racing I'll go for WTCC.
In DTM rules are strict and constant for everybody. Audi was just better in Hockenheim,as this track suits their Rocket. And nobody tried to 'equalize' it with Mercedes by restrictors or extra co-pilot. It's real sport. And the result is fair (of course,Eki had a tremendous disaster).
And in Kletwitz Mercedes is going to battle for the win as slow infield suits C-klasse. Everything is fair.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:24 am 

helgi wrote:
I can't understand why people usually compare WTCC and DTM.They're too different. Silhouettes are closer to spots cars where door-to-door action is rather rare. Besides nobody uses every tricks in the book to equalize the competitors like in WTCC where it became stupid. If I wanted to watch horse racing I'll go for WTCC.
In DTM rules are strict and constant for everybody. Audi was just better in Hockenheim,as this track suits their Rocket. And nobody tried to 'equalize' it with Mercedes by restrictors or extra co-pilot. It's real sport. And the result is fair (of course,Eki had a tremendous disaster).
And in Kletwitz Mercedes is going to battle for the win as slow infield suits C-klasse. Everything is fair.

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What I was wondering about was the racing line in the Sachs Kurve in the Motodrom. All DTM cars were racing on the rain line but F3ES used the normal racing line. Does anyone know why?

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:20 am 
Last year new Audis go wider there than Mercs. Maybe narrow racing line is defence line.
This year almost all cars used the middle racing line as I can see.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 5:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

DTMEnthusiast wrote:
helgi wrote:

:thumbsup:

Right, but to me DTM is no real touring car racing any more. Any contact immediately causes significant damage to the cars+aerodynamics. Touring Car racing is full contact racing.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:18 am 
That french safety-car driver was the same opinion. :)
Since DRM times (except groupe A regulations) main German championship was a battle of engineers. In 1980 sporting regulations helped to convert rather boring for spectators WCM into intensive DRM-sprint format. But the cars remain prototypes.
I'm sure such kind of racing should be seen alive at the track. It's not for TV.
They say new tech regulations in 2010 will help those who want to see door-to-door action. The cars are going to get rid of small wings.
From my point of view,the racing format needs to be changed. Old two-race format was very good. Besides,there should be variety of event length: sprints,maybe with three races, and more marathon-like events. They should talk to BTCS organizers and put some cars on their events to let pilots (Mercedes-team) drive more than ten races a year. It looks like Spengler,Di Resta,Green just waste their best time as Haug doesn't know what to do with them.
All in all:return old DRM!

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:23 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Cheeveer wrote:
Hoping for everyone except Ekström to burst into flames on the parade lap :D

bumping for lolz