TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: USAC Racing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

kinda USAC news. sorry if this belongs somewhere else.
http://3widelife.com/the-news/856-shane ... m-speedway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Another Quote from "Tony Stewart"

This is the thread of the year over there and its only January 3rd!

Quote:
Don, you keep digging your hole deeper every time you make your next post. You mentioned earlier that you were glad that someone made a post that didn't involve personalities. You were the one that threw the first stone here. You stated that "it was rumored that the car owner.......". Then in a post shortly following you disrespected me and a large group of USAC officials, drivers, and photographers when you called us "the our gang comedy". Now i'm not a college grad but it's very obvious that you have a major problem with me for whatever reason. I'm going to clarify the two issues that you have been so set on complaining about. 1st, the tire rule that you have made such a big deal about. I got a LF tire that was too small by the rules. It was on my car all night on friday and nobody said a word about it. It was 100% my fault. I didn't realize that it wasn't allowed in the rules. I was asked to not run it on Saturday, by an official that stated that you were the one that had complained about it, and we took it off the car and put a legal LF back on it. I want everyone including yourself to understand that it was my mistake and in no way was it to try to "cheat" the rules. and for the record, the results were the same both nights. We won both features. So as you can clearly see, the tire in question was not a factor in the outcome of the race. 2nd, the fuel cell i asked the team to build for me after the rumble last year. Once again it was my fault for not checking the rules before i had it built. Again i didn't build it with intentions of "cheating". I did build it to get under your skin.I understand that this does not excuse a rules infraction but we unloaded the car Thursday night and not one official or competitor came to us and mentioned that is was illegal or that we needed to change it. The fuel tank from last year was in the trailer in case we crashed the square tail thru the weekend and could have been easily changed if we were asked to do so. Again about the cost of changes to these cars, and everyones cars due to technology and necessity. We have been asked to make changes to my cars more than any team at the event over past years. I have had to spend a lot of wasted dollars to conform to constant rules changes every year because of complaining from whomever. I have never threatened to quit nor have i voiced my displeasure over petty rules changes that have never made a difference to the racing on the track. I've been racing for 34 yrs now and have never seen so much controversy from a single event in my whole career. Ft. Wayne is a lot of fun to me and a great chance to catch up with old racing friends that i only get to see once a year. With that being said, I will continue to do everything we are asked to without complaint, to conform to whatever rules Tony B. sets forth. Once again, i take responsibility for the two issues you are so upset about. I have no reason to "cheat". You said a lot of malicious comments about me thru this thread before i ever responded. I think you are a hypocrite thru this entire thread. It is plain as day for everyone to see for themselves. I'm really sorry that you have such a huge problem with me and my 22yr old car. I guess if i would't have bought it and the other car for the man that designed it to drive, then there wouldn't have been copies of the car built, and there would be around 8 less cars for the fans to watch and you to worry about. You mentioned the state of midget racing and how it's struggling. Do you really think all of what you are complaining about every year is in an effort to help that issue. I don't see it. I see a lot of people thru this thread that are obviously tired of hearing the same routine from you. This event is suppose to be fun for everyone, but it is obvious you don't care much about that. If you think that i will give up because of you, then you are sadly mistaken. I will put more effort into kicking your ass every year. Not that it's been very hard when it comes to your car so far! Good luck to you in the future, that's what racing is all about.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:41 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Tony is the man.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:51 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here's a video I shot from last summer. It is far from good but eh. Dave Darland is in the Blue 11. Kyle Larson is in the white 1.

This year my videos will be shot in 16:9 but still no hi def sadly...
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6G-k7msf8[/youtubeidiot]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
BOB JENKINS BECOMES USAC’S “SILVER VOICE”

Bob Jenkins of Carmel, Ind. has accepted the role of chief broadcaster for the TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown Series for 2013. He will orchestrate the announcing duties for 11 events, beginning with the April 28 “Sumar Classic 100” at Terre Haute, Ind. and ending with the September 21 “4-Crown Nationals” at Rossburg, Ohio.

Events Jenkins will announce also are scheduled at Indianapolis, Ind. (3), Madison, Ill., Fountain, Colo., Milwaukee, Wisc., Belleville, Kans., Springfield and DuQuoin, Ill.

"Getting a chance to work in the USAC Silver Crown series will take me back to my roots of racing’” says Jenkins. “My first exposure to racing in the early 60's was sprint cars and what are now Silver Crown cars. It has always been an exciting form of competition and I look forward to working with the drivers, car owners, crew members, track owners and officials this coming season."

Jenkins, with Hollywood credits on movies like Days of Thunder and Talladega Nights, is a graduate of Indiana University and Short High School in Liberty, Ind. and served as a cornerstone anchor on ESPN when it debuted in 1979.

Most recently Bob was the lead commentator for the IndyCar Series on NBC Sports Network.

His motorsports expertise with ABC and NBC and his long tenure with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway have solidified his position as one of America’s most respected and knowledgeable motorsports aficionados.

At IMS, Bob’s voice has graced the Indianapolis 500, NASCAR’s Brickyard 400, the Formula One United States Grand Prix and the Red Bull MotoGP, among others.

“Obviously, we are beyond delighted that Bob will join our team in 2013,” offers TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown Director James Spink. “His expertise and knowledge of our participants, plus the intense appreciation of this type of motorsports, makes him the obvious choice to fill this post. We are indeed fortunate to have his services.”

The 2013 TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown Series schedule and related series information can be found at USAC’s website: www.usacracing.com.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Glad to see that Jenkins still has his passion for the sport after what he has been through.