TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21
 Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Baltimore
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:36 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Thanks for the insider view, Brendan. It's always good to get this view when talking about the series. I give a very high respect for that.

I hope you didn't misunderstand me with my comments about marshalling, I know that the most of you get things done properly without stewarding and constant controlling of your work. This goes on with safety workers also and all the people involved in organization. All of you do very valuable job that makes the difference in the end.

My opinion is that the truck driver was send there by the stewards and the racing organization should be held for responsible for this either if it happened because of bad communication, marshall's misjudgement or by bad stewarding. In the end it's the top of the food chain, like you said, who should make it sure that this kind of things don't happen.

Now they just suspended the driver and I'm not convinced that anything else was done. I sure hope I'm wrong with this one.

Then again you have to give a credit to the series for how things have gone overall when it comes to safety and marshalling. I don't think that there's been many incidents where this would have caused safety hazard. It's just that the Baltimore incidents (moving tyre barrier just before the start, marshall on the track area in Kanaan incident and having trucks on the circuit) were just too outrageous failures to happen. Suspending this one truck driver is not the solution that I think makes the working culture safe from now on. So I point my finger on training of track side workers that should be changed because of these events. That kind of safety hazard isn't acceptable and should be dealt with great interest.

Brendan, can you tell us more about the truck incident? What's your view and how was it dealt during and after the race event?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 401 posts ]  Go to page Previous 117 18 19 20 21