TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sorry for having a different humor than you *cuts wrists* :cry:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Scotty has spoken people. Stop having fun please. Thank you.

My Flickr photographs
My rubbish YouTube channel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
The ONLY funny one is the IRL logo one, because it's actually clever. The rest have no thought behind them thus are reprehensibly stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:56 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Still lol'in, gotta live in the moment and appreciate things while they're still around (though I'm never motivated to change my avatar so that'll be around for a while :p )

In other news, Dixon has released a statement in support of Barnheart.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93779

Suck up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Scotty wrote:
The ONLY funny one is the IRL logo one, because it's actually clever. The rest have no thought behind them thus are reprehensibly stupid.

They are meant to be stupid.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:

Suck up.

Barnhardt can't win with you guys. He screws up, you moan. He apologises for screwing up, you moan still. Had he not apologised, no doubt you would have still moaned. Fair play for Scott Dixon for showing support considering he was out there on Sunday handling those conditions, far from what any of us armchair experts were. And before anyone decides to dispute my point well, I'm well aware of Barnhardt's chequered history but at least this time he admitted fault. A step in the right direction perhaps?

And where is the facepalm .gif for Scotty's comment?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:02 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

kals wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Suck up.

Barnhardt can't win with you guys. He screws up, you moan. He apologises for screwing up, you moan still. Had he not apologised, no doubt you would have still moaned. Fair play for Scott Dixon for showing support considering he was out there on Sunday handling those conditions, far from what any of us armchair experts were. And before anyone decides to dispute my point well, I'm well aware of Barnhardt's chequered history but at least this time he admitted fault. A step in the right direction perhaps?

And where is the facepalm .gif for Scotty's comment?

Maybe he can just stop screwing up? Nobody wants an apology - they want less bullshit. The real way to have solved this problem would be not to throw the green flag, whilst the cars are on slicks, in the rain...on an oval. That idea is so monumentally stupid that it should never have even entered their heads as an option, nevermind as something they should actually execute.

We're also due an apology for the seemingly random race result. Servia lead when the caution flew, but even if they rolled back to the S/F line, then Servia still lead because RHR fluffed the restart (or got wheel spin in the wet, whichever), so Servia still wins. Unless they decided to roll back 2 laps, which I guess they did. But I suppose that doesn't matter because it was a rule they literally made up on the spot!

IndyCar has by far the worst and most inconsistent rule book of the top series, and this weekend was just proof of that. Now, when Brian screws up he gets to just roll back results to whichever lap he wants, and say sorry, and we're meant to give him credit for apologising? Tell you what - if Dario had made his stupid move on Sato just before the rain came down, and Brian rolled back enough to give Dario the win, we'd all be here shouting favouritism for Ganassi (including me, and I'm a Dario fan!), but because it wasn't title contenders, we're meant to say thanks for apologising?

I appreciate what Brian's doing for IndyCar I really do, but some people in that series are either clueless, or way out of their depth (or both) and it's about time better officials were put in charge of running the show. We've been dealing with the random penalties for racing contacts for years now, but when the series starts making up rules on the spot to cover for poor race officialling, an apology doesn't quite cut it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I completely understand and appreciate your point ellis, and I agree. It was pathetic officialdom and a farcical way to end. But like I said, we've now got that apology, a token one at that, a sign that those within Indycar know that all is not well. So a step in the right direction for the series and officiating perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We'll have to wait and see if they make more mistakes or not.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

Article on the attendance and some thoughts from Bernard & Gappens:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /FOSSPORTS

Quote:
LOUDON — The IZOD IndyCar Series has a long way to go with its return to New Hampshire.

The series ended a 13-year drought with Sunday's event at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, but as expected, interest from the area failed in comparison to Loudon's NASCAR events, which flood Route 106 with traffic and pack the grandstands with fans.

IndyCar CEO Randy Bernard knew a return to New Hampshire would be a project. He hinted Sunday that the project could continue into the coming years. Bernard said he plans to sit down with NHMS owner Bruton Smith and General Manager Jerry Gappens to discuss a long-term contract.

The series came to Loudon on a one-year deal this summer.

"I think that after this is over, Bruton and Jerry and I will sit down and try to determine how we can put a deal together," Bernard said. "I think that it's going to take a couple years to continue to build this."

There were many empty seats Sunday, including the entire stretch of grandstands that wrap around Turns 3 and 4. But the estimated 30,000 spectators were considerably more than the 7,500 that saw the last IndyCar race here in 1998.

"I'm an optimist and I don't apologize for 30,000," said Gappens, who figures the threat of rain hampered ticket sales. "Having said that, there's room for improvement. We need to do better than that."

Bernard assured that Sunday's attendance figures would not be a deal breaker in contract talks.

"I wouldn't call it an audition. That's a little rough," he said. "I think we knew from Day 1 it was an area we were going to have to work on, but it's an area that we really like and it's a track that we really like. I think sometimes you have to invest in your future and this is one of those that we're trying to do."

The drivers were impressed with the fans who did come out. Points leader Dario Franchitti called New England race fans "hardcore," amazed at their knowledge of the sport.

Ryan Hunter-Reay, who won Sunday's race under a red flag, is hoping for another shot next summer.

"We love coming up here," Hunter-Reay said, "and hopefully it's many years to come."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:33 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Atleast he said nothing PRO TGBB to defend him. That means Randy know he faild big time this weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:09 pm 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:41 pm 

Thats the worst shop ive ever seen but the nozirev makes it awsome XD

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:35 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Mr.Maximum wrote:

Really like this one :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

ChiliFan wrote:
:(

Oh well, you'll live

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Joe A wrote:
ChiliFan wrote:

Oh well, you'll live

Is that the only response you ever have to anyone who disagrees with you? I remember you saying it to me too at least once.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:12 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

codename_47 wrote:

Suck up.

I read the article, and all he said was that it was a tough decision :o how you managed to get that he was in support of Barnhart i'll never know :lol:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am 

Starlancer wrote:
Joe A wrote:
ChiliFan wrote:

Oh well, you'll live

Is that the only response you ever have to anyone who disagrees with you? I remember you saying it to me too at least once.

No, I'm just saying that some people are getting upset way too easily over things they shouldn't be getting upset about. Like Paul Menard winning at Indianapolis.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:30 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Touché.

These will Power edits are getting really out of hand though, and very few of them have been even slightly funny. The Iracing one was pretty good though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have a question... If on a restart the field is not properly aligned and the restart is aborted, regardless of the position of the cars when they cross the line, do they not go back to the previous lap to reset the field for second attempt at a restart?

Even though the green flag was thrown, albeit for 5 seconds, Indycar and the commentators both said the restart was aborted. Therefore, if it was indeed an aborted start, the field would go back to the previous lap to reset for the next attempt. If that is how they're ruling it, and since the red flag was brought out before completion of the next lap, the running order would go back to the previous lap before the aborted restart. The finishing order should stand in that case.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but I think that's how they're calling it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 534 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next