TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2830 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:13 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Bloody Hell Will. Power makes Darios whining in the previous events look like nothing. Classy. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:25 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

haha they are acting like children, it's great for entertainment. I guess the drivers managers care less about the image of their drivers to the public than other international series.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:30 am 

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
"They started an Indy Car race in Toronto. Then a NASCAR race at Martinsville broke out."

LOL, more like a school bus figure 8 race at the county fair.

At this rate I'll be waiting for the pit road brawl, coming soon. Randy Bernhard will get this series on the top of ESPN highlight clips just yet! :wave: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:39 am 
Head Muppet

1:09 is where Dixon unloads a bit on Rahal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:01 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fuck yeah. Fuck yeah Will Power for showing some balls and calling Dario out for being the bitch he is. Fuck yeah for Andretti calling Ganassi out on his bullshit. Fuck yeah for angry people in general. This is what IndyCar needs. Loving it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Ganassi restart shit near the end was ridiculous.. I thought Dario getting into Power was unintentional, just a mistake, but I'm with Andretti on the Ganassi restart deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well I watched a bit of a the race before I went to work, saw the contact between Power and Franchitti, and figured it HAD to be a penalty... get to work and find out he'd won the race 8O this defenately sets a precedent for future collisions........

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:26 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Marco Andretti's move was one of the most stupid moves of the race... and it had plenty of unsense movements!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Is WANKER the only word Will Power knows?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Pablomartino wrote:
Marco Andretti's move was one of the most stupid moves of the race... and it had plenty of unsense movements!

Definitely were worse ones than that. Marco was side by side with Servia heading into turn 1 and under braking, and Servia went to pass Wilson as well then caused 3 cars going for turn 1 which was always going to end bad. Racing accident.

Sato's was pretty bad, and Tagliani's on Power. Overall though they were all pretty embarrassing for Indycar really. Driver standards weren't at a high today...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And the fact no penalties were given out just made it worse. Guess that's what happens when you use Al Unser Jr for driving standards.

Those comments by Power were understandable considering how angry he was at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gael wrote:
The Ganassi restart shit near the end was ridiculous.. I thought Dario getting into Power was unintentional, just a mistake, but I'm with Andretti on the Ganassi restart deal.

They were purposely doing it to save Rahal some fuel, it was what three, four times? They should have been penalised for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Can't really add much to everything that's been said. :p One thing that I did find frustrating was lapped cars not getting out of the way, and even causing accidents with lead lap cars! That's ridiculous. Could you imagine the uproar if a Hispania did that in F1? It was fine when Tags was racing the leader hard, because that was to get back on the lead lap. But wasn't Tracy several laps down when he drove Meira off the road? And Danica when she caused Tags to get up in the air?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:53 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Paul Tracy claims at trackforum, that the penalty was given to dario and afterwards was taken back by randy because of pressure from target.
Think about what you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:58 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Beezle wrote:
Paul Tracy claims at trackforum, that the penalty was given to dario and afterwards was taken back by randy because of pressure from target.
Think about what you want.

It wouldn't surprise me, but a better source than Paul Tracy would be required for me to believe it. If it turns out true then well done IndyCar for managing to be more corrupt than the FIA and NASCAR combined.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wouldn't surprise me either, especially considering the shinanigans at the end there with the restart and Dario refusing to pull up alongside Rahal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

From what I've read, Penske is wrong. IndyCar announced it was "Under Investigation", and the commentators incorrectly claimed it was a penalty already. After that, everybody seemed to assume there was a penalty.

I'm not saying there shouldn't have been a penalty, but I've seen no evidence there ever was a penalty applied. Was there penalties applied to any other accidents this weekend? Was PT given a penalty for literally driving into the back of Meira? Or was Meira penalised for blocking? Was Danica penalised for putting Tags head first into the fence? Or Andretti for the pile up? (These are honest questions, I'm not really making a point here). Because there were a lot worse accidents than the Power/Dario one. That one's just getting attention because it's a championship battle and Power is being a whiny little bitch.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Because there were a lot worse accidents than the Power/Dario one. That one's just getting attention because it's a championship battle and Power is being a whiny little bitch.

Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Saw the race yesterday evening and I thought it was great fun. Good to see Dario winning. The Will Power twitter thing is just hilarious, I have never seen a driver acting like a little child as much as this.
For me it was a racing incident: Dario tried it, Power did not leave that much room and they collided. Nothing more, nothing less.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hedgey666 wrote:
ellis wrote:
Because there were a lot worse accidents than the Power/Dario one. That one's just getting attention because it's a championship battle and Power is being a whiny little bitch.

Amen.

Say the 2 guys from the same country as Dario. :p

No, I do agree with you. I'll still be very miffed if it turns out that a penalty was reversed, regardless of the inconsistancy.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous 124 25 26 27 2830 Next