TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next

Will Ferrari engines blow up as the F1's??
Poll ended at Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 pm
Yes 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
No 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
Total votes: 12
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

India and GBR will not make it, 3 other teams also won't make it. So that should be 18 cars for Zandvoort, no way it will only be 6 cars because the teams testing tomorrow will not include the teams that tested before at donington and snetterton.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:59 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Reason why GBR won't be there is because they had their car taken from them and given to the Russian team instead (due to A1 borrowing lots of money from the Russians, or so I'm told).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:27 pm 

Premiere has confirmed that they'll cover A1GP live this season

http://www.motorsport-total.com/formels ... 00103.html

--------------------------------------------

Crash.net wrote:
A1GP » Patrick for Team USA?
Wednesday, 1st October 2008

IndyCar race winner Danica Patrick is rumoured to be gracing the A1 Team USA seat at Zandvoort this weekend.

Rumours not only abound that Andretti-Green Racing is poised to confirm that it has taken over the running of the American 'entry' in the A1 Grand Prix 'World Cup of Motorsport', but that it will bring IndyCar racewinner Danica Patrick to contest the opening round at Zandvoort this weekend.

AGR's omission from Acura's plans for next season's American Le Mans Series heightened speculation that the team was to branch out into other arenas, with A1GP, perhaps surprisingly, topping the list. Those rumours have grown since the time the ALMS announcement was made, and now includes the suggestion that AGR IndyCar favourite Patrick may be lining up on the grid in Holland on Sunday.

A1GP's own confused state makes it difficult to gauge exactly which countries will be present for the 'opening round' - Mugello had been slated to start the 2008-09 campaign last month - and AGR is not being forthcoming when questioned on its possible involvement. Crash.net sources in America, however, believe that the team already has a crew in place in Europe, working on the Team USA entry.

The downside of A1GP attracting such a prestige name as Andretti Green is that there could be a challenge from erstwhile 'seatholder' Rick Weidinger, whose PR team claims that Patrick being run by AGR this weekend would represent a breach of agreement because Team USA Holdings has the deal to run the US car, with Weidinger as principal. According to sources, he hasn't yet received one of the new Ferrari-built cars, and is not going to the Netherlands.

Weidinger has run a blend of old and new American talent in his car over the first three years of the A1GP initiative, with veterans like Bryan Herta and Buddy Rice being eclipsed by last year's achievements with Atlantics runner Jonathan Summerton.

Summerton is otherwise engaged this weekend, as he chases the 2008 Atlantics crown with Newman-Wachs Racing at Road Atlanta.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:18 pm 

The best 9 rounds will count toward the championship

http://a1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2008/09/30/only-best-nine-results-count-in-a1gp/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

AGR have confirmed that they will be running Team USA this year, Driver Line-Up will be announced at Zandvoort.

http://www.andrettigreenracing.com/

If AGR do wish to run Danica & Marco, I would take them both to Zandvoort & both of them (If allowed) in the Friday Rookie session to evaluate there performance in the car. Alternatively they could run Summerton in Qualifying/Races but have Danica or Marco run the Rookie session to gain some expereince in the car for future races.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:21 pm 

I'll be so pissed off if they dump summerton, the guy is an upcoming talent, not some throwaway like Patrick. Now I gotta find out if they are dumping the crew from the old team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Damn that's a shame. Summerton is an awesome young talent, although Marco is also a very good young talent, but Danica is just a hottie, with some speed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:30 am 

Ospi wrote:
Reason why GBR won't be there is because they had their car taken from them and given to the Russian team instead (due to A1 borrowing lots of money from the Russians, or so I'm told).

i thought some news saying it was given to team USA instead. :?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:38 am 

Well what is going on at team USA is anyones guess. old owners more or less kicked out and where that leaves their financial situation and contracts is anyones guess. It's such a mess. I'll try to find out more info today.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:44 am 

awesome stuff ospi! :thumbsup:

it's been fun playing guessing games with a1. :p

anyway, maybe having danica around will boost a1's name a bit and improve their financial state. all this bad rumours of them heading for doom is making me sick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:31 am 

A1GP.com wrote:
Italy launches new car
Thursday, October 02, 2008

A1 Team Italy has displayed its new colours ahead of the first weekend of the A1GP Powered by Ferrari car era.

The team unveiled their driver line-up and new 600bhp car to the media at a launch event in Milan.

The team confirmed that Eudardo Piscopo will return to the squad having been capped 14 times for the team, and this season will be joined by Euroseries 3000 racer, Fabio Onidi.

“When A1GP was born four years ago I immediately understood that I could launch new drivers in a very important world competition,” said seat holder Piercarlo Ghinzani, who brought in Piscopo last season when he was a relative unknown.

The red, green and white livery marks a change in style for the team, who went with the national sporting colour of dark blue for the first three seasons of A1GP.

“This car is very different from the one I was driving last year,” added Piscopo. “It’s much better performing in the engine, handling and braking. I was immediately impressed by the ‘lightness’ of it – it will let us take more risks during the race and that’s good for the show.”

The team has yet to confirm who will race at Zandvoort this weekend, with both drivers set to be present in the Netherlands.

What happened to the Squadra Azzura? Now it looks like Mexico's car!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ospi wrote:

When did Russia suddenly come back to the series?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jdh wrote:
Ospi wrote:

When did Russia suddenly come back to the series?

Who knows, they'll only pull out after a couple of races just like last time :x

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Any news already about the weather on Sunday?

I need to know if I have to take my umbrella with me :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Diageo wrote:

Well, I only know predictions which say 100% rain, or 90% rain during the weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:21 pm 

Diageo wrote:

it's gonna rain all day long, so take your umbrella with you :)

http://www.weeronline.nl/Nederland/Zandvoort.htm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

and http://tornado.meteocon.nl/meteoconsult ... .jsp?id=1#

I always found it quite annoying when you can only see umbrellas in front of you (instead of the cars), but sometimes you just 'need' it :lol:

That will be some windy nights at the campingsite 8O

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:34 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

There have been a lot of wind the last couple of days. Yesterday an lamppost (with an A1GP sign) fell down in front of me 8O .
But luckely the most of the wind has gone now, and hopefully it wont come back :p

EDIT: There is a thunderstorm right now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that will be exciting. When does the first practise session start?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:44 am 

Right so with regards to the team USA situation, apparently Weidinger had a contract with the Sheikh and then when it was sold off the contract he was asked to sign for this season had stuff in it when he was not happy about and thus they would not release USA's car to them. Then when Andretti came to the head A1 guys he was happy to sign the contract and was therefore handed over the job of running the team leaving last years team, including all their crew and drivers without anything so more or less just dumped without warning.

So yeah I suppose it all came down to who would agree to the new contracts handed out and whoever go in first got the job but that's motor racing i suppose, still you can't help but feel that whoever is now making all the calls is going about it in the worst possible way.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 16 7 8 9 10 Next