TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:31 pm 
The most anticipated member

In the overall a good race.....but the track conditions :yuk: Join that with the fact not all cars were in the grid, then it wasn't the best start for a promising A1GP season. Hope Interlagos may be confirmed for march 29th, 2009 - second what commentators said, this is closer than never.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:58 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

The A1gp stream is still up btw, and it is showing the support races.

Live Dutch Supercar Challenge is on atm.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

A1GP at Interlagos would be great :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:02 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

and incase anyone asks, just like last season I'll upload the full races.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:15 pm 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

JasonS wrote:
The A1gp stream is still up btw, and it is showing the support races.

Live Dutch Supercar Challenge is on atm.

Well the stream just shut down, was some good racing going on :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Not been following the series at all this weekend, and those results look pretty farcical with so few finishers. Part of me is pleased to see Lebanon get points, but with so many top teams missing it's pretty academic really. I mean, they didn't even finish the race.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

jdh wrote:
Not been following the series at all this weekend, and those results look pretty farcical with so few finishers. Part of me is pleased to see Lebanon get points, but with so many top teams missing it's pretty academic really. I mean, they didn't even finish the race.

The rain probably both helped and hindered the series this weekend...

Helped in that it made for a better race than one with only 12 cars or whatever it was in the end started would've been in the dry....
Hindered in that pretty much every car hit trouble at some point and meant a lot less finished than if it had been a boring dry race.

I think considering everything that happened they put on quite a good show, hopefully the next race with a full grid will be back to A1GP standards...
Have they announced if they're re-scheduling the Italian race that was supposed to open the season btw? :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Terrible weather, I left when the feature race was still running because I was soaking wet. The cars look great but due to the bad weather it wasn't that spectacular. I sat in the final corner and took some pics of the Ireland crash but after that I had to put my camera away because it was getting too wet.

Can't wait to see the races on TV tonight though. A lot happend out of my sight it seems.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm just back home from Zandvoort! OMG,, i'm so f*cking wet :eyecrazy: It was very rainy in the dunes, very cold and a very hard wind :ohmy: Although it was pretty fun. Great racing and some great cars! :thumbsup: Really like it. Too bad I didn't see any crash :( Wrong place at the wrong time. I enjoyed myself today, will post some videos and pictures later this week :wave: I need a shower atm :p

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I only managed to catch the sprint race this afternoon, but overall it seems it was a pretty crazy day. I think the new car looks pretty good

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:02 pm 

I was there, I'll upload some footage of me on YouTube, but I think most of it is crap.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:09 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Races sound interesting, however I have trouble getting behind a series that is effectively giving some teams a head start because they fucked up. Maybe next year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:13 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iYp7mf_FK4

I'll upload more tomorrow :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:25 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

rofl, well that was an interesting debut for the new car. Looking forward to a dry race though. Great drives by Duval and Fauzy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
Seems that I missed a decent race :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:57 am 

ryan86 wrote:
Races sound interesting, however I have trouble getting behind a series that is effectively giving some teams a head start because they fucked up. Maybe next year.

It was Ferrari, not A1GP that messed up. I'm sure they'd have gone to last season's car if there wasn't a contract and a Ferrari law suit pending on them.

Ferrari mess up and SUE the host sport to avoid the backlash. It's pretty freaking clear what the issue is and A1GP did a FANTASTIC job to get the series started for the fans.

Cars went to the first signers of contracts. Some of those were purchased by later signers when Ferrari dropped the ball and admitted there won't be enough cars in time.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ixnay wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

It was Ferrari, not A1GP that messed up. I'm sure they'd have gone to last season's car if there wasn't a contract and a Ferrari law suit pending on them.

Ferrari mess up and SUE the host sport to avoid the backlash. It's pretty freaking clear what the issue is and A1GP did a FANTASTIC job to get the series started for the fans.

Cars went to the first signers of contracts. Some of those were purchased by later signers when Ferrari dropped the ball and admitted there won't be enough cars in time.

agreed, A1GP put on a fantastic show in very difficult circumstances. The teams who were doing demonstration runs and other stuff to promote A1GP with the new car got it first, so the teams losing out were the teams who didn't do that kind of stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

it's great to see that the new car provides as good racing as the old car did. Although it was a wet race which would of helped, but im happy and i hope all the cars will be fully ready for round 2!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Great weekend for me :D

But damn, I got really, really soaked there in the dunes. They said saturday would be the worst day of the weekend, and it was pretty ok, happy me. Than sunday... I got out of the train and it started to rain, without a single break until 17.00.
I got home after the feature race finished because of that, it was just too damn cold. Sleeping on a camping site didn't make it much better for the nights too :p

I sat most of the time almost in front of the pitboxes of team NL, but saw quite a lot of actions into the Tarzan. While sitting on some other places around the track, there also was a lot of action. But the atmosphere never really was there (due to the weather) unfortunately.

85000 people, in that weather, I think I can say we're pretty loyal to our A1GP race. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fllying_Iceman wrote:

85000 people, in that weather, I think I can say we're pretty loyal to our A1GP race. :thumbsup:

was it 85.000 :? or is that for the whole weekend? Because on sunday it seemed not as full as the previous years.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous 126 27 28 29 30 Next