A1GP @ Circuit Park Zandvoort, 3.-5.10.2008
Timetable:__________________________________________
Code:
Practice: Friday, 03 Oct, 2008 
Qualifying: Saturday, 04 Oct, 2008
Race: Sunday, 05 Oct, 2008
Sprint race: 11:00 AM (Local Time)
Feature race: 3:00 PM (Local Time)

• Sprint: You need JavaScript to be activated to be able to use the timer function
  • Feature: You need JavaScript to be activated to be able to use the timer function
  • Full timetable

Useful links:__________________________________________

Follow the race:______________________________________

Event information_____________________________________
A1GP.com wrote:
Track length: 4.63km (2.88 miles)
Number of turns: 11
Direction: Clockwise
Lap record: 1m 28.353 seconds, set by A1 Team South Africa (Adrian Zaugg) September 2007
Address: Circuit Park Zandvoort, Burgemeester van Alphenstraat 108, 2041 KP

Circuit Park Zandvoort will again be one of the most popular rounds on the 2008/09 A1GP season, the third time it has played host to a race in the World Cup of Motorsport.

Circuit Park Zandvoort has the reputation of being a ‘drivers’ track, with the Tarzan corner at the end of the main straight being one of the most challenging. It is particularly good for overtaking, because the camber of the corner means it is possible to pass around the outside as well as the easier inside lane. Last season’s Feature race winner Oliver Jarvis proved this was the case, going the long way around Germany’s Christian Vietoris.

Situated less than 30km from Amsterdam and close to the North Sea Coastline, Zandvoort is also a popular tourist destination. More than 4.5 million visitors a year take advantage of the 9km stretch of beach, with 35 pubs and 55 restaurants, making Zandvoort a great holiday destination as well as a great opportunity to see the new A1GP cars in action.

Last edited by Yaamboo on Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:46 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:09 am 
Was bored, so threw this together. A mod may lock this until the correct week, or just let it be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:14 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yay! I can't wait for the new season of A1GP, hope it is even better than last year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:30 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Could someone tell me the changes for this season? (apart from the new car obviously)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:04 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Still trying to make it this year. Last year was just awesome (racing and atmosphere)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:32 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

3d year in a row I'll be there. The whole weekend for the 2nd year in a row :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It appears that Urheilukanava refused to continue their TV-contract, possible due to absence of Team Finland. That implies we Finns(currently living in Finland=not Yaamboo) have to rely upon streams once again.
How come YLE can't buy rights to any motorsport series. Haven't seen them showing live motorsport for...6-7 years when they used to air Indy races.

Oh yeah, isn't A1GP broadcast in HD this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'll be there again, third time. Very rare for me to visit the same event 3 years in a row, A1GP will be the first time and it's the only series that's worth it. Still thinking about where to sit this year, maybe first corner but the fence is too high there to make good photographs.

And RTL7 will broadcast A1GP live again this season :thumbsup:
hopefully live for the whole season because I think in season 2 they gave up on the live broadcasts when the season went into the new year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A1 has had lots of problems recently, lets hope the series can put that behind it and produce some great racing with the new car.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Might can work there as security, so hope I can be there too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:39 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

cookie wrote:
I'll be there again, third time. Very rare for me to visit the same event 3 years in a row, A1GP will be the first time and it's the only series that's worth it. Still thinking about where to sit this year, maybe first corner but the fence is too high there to make good photographs.

And RTL7 will broadcast A1GP live again this season :thumbsup:
hopefully live for the whole season because I think in season 2 they gave up on the live broadcasts when the season went into the new year.

In the tarzan you can sit higher, but yeah that's not really suited to take pictures there.
About RTL7, I think they'll do it the same way as last year. They still think nobody is that crazy to get up at 7 for a A1 race in Sepang. Have you ever seen the numbers of F1 viewers of an early GP? That's not a lot I have to say. Well this is A1, so there have to be less viewers. That's their logic, but anyway... They dropped their astroTV and look-a-likes, so there is some room left for A1 :whistling:

I wonder how many people will be there this year :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:34 pm 
JJ wrote:
That implies we Finns(currently living in Finland=not Yaamboo) have to rely upon streams once again.

Well, I don't know if I have coverage either. Any Belgians know if a channel broadcasts A1GP? Otherwise my situation will be the same as last year :lol:

Although for this race I'll be spending the weekend in Finland actually.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I expect some teething problems with the new car but I am sure it will be ironed out very shortly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fllying_Iceman wrote:

In the tarzan you can sit higher, but yeah that's not really suited to take pictures there.
About RTL7, I think they'll do it the same way as last year. They still think nobody is that crazy to get up at 7 for a A1 race in Sepang. Have you ever seen the numbers of F1 viewers of an early GP? That's not a lot I have to say. Well this is A1, so there have to be less viewers. That's their logic, but anyway... They dropped their astroTV and look-a-likes, so there is some room left for A1 :whistling:

first 3 races (all races this year) will be live according to: http://a1gpzandvoort.com/pages/tv.php

They show MotoGP live in the morning and that get's less viewers than A1 if I remember correctly.

testing the countdown timer
You need JavaScript to be activated to be able to use the timer function

Last edited by cookie on Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
Fllying_Iceman wrote:

first 3 races (all races this year) will be live according to: http://a1gpzandvoort.com/pages/tv.php

They show MotoGP live in the morning and that get's less viewers than A1 if I remember correctly.

Yeah because Eurosport and RTL are just as good

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:28 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A1GP Zandvoort op de tocht?
Slecht nieuws voor de Nederlandse autosportfans, de A1GP van Zandvoort lijkt in gevaar te komen. Nadat eerder al de openingsrace op het Italiaanse circuit van Mugello van de kalender gehaald werd, lijkt nu ook de race op het Circuit Park Zandvoort op de tocht te staan. Volgens bronnen van Autosportnieuws.be zijn er momenteel pas negen bolides klaar voor gebruik en zal het erg lastig worden om voor alle 22 teams een wagen klaar te krijgen voor de A1GP van Zandvoort, aanstaande 4 en 5 oktober.

Slechts een paar teams hebben de afgelopen tijd kunnen testen met de nieuwe bolide, de andere teams moeten het doen met ritjes in de realistische simulator van de organisatie.

Het ziet er dus naar uit dat de organisatie de 22 bolides niet op tijd klaar zal hebben voor de uitgestelde start van het seizoen, op het circuit van Zandvoort. Mogelijk zal de start dus opnieuw uitgesteld moeten worden.
(autosportnieuws.be 21-sept-08)

Quick translation:

A1GP Zandvoort at stake?
Bad news for the Dutch racing fans, the A1GP of Zandvoort seems to be in danger. After the opening round in Italy, at Mugello, got cancelled, the GP on the Dutch racing track may be cancelled too. According to sources to autosportnieuws.be, only nine chassis' have been completed, and it will be very difficult to have a car being ready for all 22 competitors.
Only a couple of teams got the possibility to test the new car. Other teams couldn't do anything more than just some rides in the realistic simulator of the organisation.
So it looks like as if the 22 cars won't be prepared for the delayed start of the season. In that case, the start has got to be delayed again.

uh-oh....
Well, in that case, give us the old cars back. Just for one weekend. I want a damn race, it seems like that it will be the only one this year for me (again).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ah crap, how the hell can a organisation as Ferrari be so failing in delivering cars...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's a combination of them never having to make so many cars before in one go and the problems they've had with the suspension. Should've just had Ferrari engines\gearbox in a Dallara chassis or something like that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

"A1GP destroyed by Ferrari"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:01 pm 
Racing Darwinism's going to strike sooner rather than later