TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Haha! :thumbsup:

Tbf its prob best not to fuel trolls and people who are living in the past, they are looking for a reaction from their post after all.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:16 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange

rhashana wrote:
Ospi wrote:
I need to visit CCF to see what bullshit they come up with as to why indy is crap after an entertaining race like that. Great oval racing.

duh - CCF have better things to do with their time on a Saturday evening that watch an IRL indyCar race.
Nobody needed to watch the race to know that:
- It would be "foot to the floor" 99% of the time
- a Penske or Ganassi car would win unless bad luck hit them in which case maybe an Andretti car might win
- Danica will choke on restarts
- Milka will drive slowly and be in the wrong place at the wrong time when the leaders come around
- Kalkhoven will want to cry because 2 or more of his drivers crashed
- Kalkhoven will want to cry because 2 or more of his drivers crashed into each other
- Takuma Sato will crash out
- as this is Chicago the pack will mostly be bunched up within 1 or 2 seconds front to back of the pack
- as this is Chicago there will be constant dangerous side by side driving where one car can't get by the next and some drivers will say afterwards "it was fun!" while others will cry "This is crazy!" and hopefully be able to add "I'm glad nobody got hurt"
- There may be a photo finish. But who cares it could have been taken on Lap 5, Lap 25, Lap 50, Lap 100 etc - other than drivers who inherit the lead when they pit for fuel out of sequence or maybe a lead driver gets caught up in a backmarker's mess, it's probably going to be the same photo (ie order).
- the stands will have less people in them than last year
- the IZOD girl will try to get in the camera shot when the winner gets out of the car
- the cameraman or some other person will block the IZOD girl from view
- the IZOD girl will try to get back into the picture
- the cameraman will turn and make sure she's not.

Like them, I didn't watch. Didn't even read the thread. Did i miss anything?
Yes, you missed an entertaining race.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just watched the race, that was great. This is why I became an Indycar fan back in 2002, super close racing until the flag drops.

I was impressed by Baguette, by far his best oval race, he was constantly in touch with the lead group and finished a very good 12th spot. Let's hope he can stay in this series and I'm sure next year he'll be getting top 5 finishes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Did anyone read the trolls post? I mean...it is trolling for sure. But most of it was correct. lol

What is it with the cameraman and the IZOD girl anyways?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

rhashana wrote:
Ospi wrote:
I need to visit CCF to see what bullshit they come up with as to why indy is crap after an entertaining race like that. Great oval racing.

duh - CCF have better things to do with their time on a Saturday evening that watch an IRL indyCar race.
- a Penske or Ganassi car would win unless bad luck hit them in which case maybe an Andretti car might win
- Milka will drive slowly and be in the wrong place at the wrong time when the leaders come around
- Kalkhoven will want to cry because 2 or more of his drivers crashed into each other
- as this is Chicago the pack will mostly be bunched up within 1 or 2 seconds front to back of the pack
- as this is Chicago there will be constant dangerous side by side driving where one car can't get by the next and some drivers will say afterwards "it was fun!" while others will cry "This is crazy!" and hopefully be able to add "I'm glad nobody got hurt"
- There may be a photo finish. But who cares it could have been taken on Lap 5, Lap 25, Lap 50, Lap 100 etc - other than drivers who inherit the lead when they pit for fuel out of sequence or maybe a lead driver gets caught up in a backmarker's mess, it's probably going to be the same photo (ie order).
- the IZOD girl will try to get in the camera shot when the winner gets out of the car

Nope, you didn't miss anything. How'd you know all that stuff happened?

:ohmy:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:52 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

iks wrote:
rhashana wrote:
Ospi wrote:

Nope, you didn't miss anything. How'd you know all that stuff happened?

:ohmy:

He's lying his ass off. He had to have caught some of it watching Robin Miller.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:18 am 

I guess each to their own. I can't say it wasn't fun, in a way, but I do prefer a comeback of slipshot racing than this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's been nearly 3 full seasons since Champcar merged and people still haven't moved on? :ohmy:

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I just find it amusing. I bet 99% of the haters do actually watch the racing. :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:09 pm 

De Cesaris fan wrote:
I just find it amusing. I bet 99% of the haters do actually watch the racing. :)

I just find it funny how they seem to spend so much time and effort trying to discredit something they apparently hate so much. Nice life.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ospi wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

I just find it funny how they seem to spend so much time and effort trying to discredit something they apparently hate so much. Nice life.

The life of a hater is a pathetic one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I find it hilarious that the poster never mentioned CCWS and here you all are accusing him of being someone who hasn't moved on. It's like me being able to predict a Grand-Am race (full course cautions, Ganassi leads a bunch of laps, Pruett says hi to his family at home, GT cars take each other out in silly accidents, etc.), and then being accused of not moving on because IMSA and GTP are dead.

Incredible how people jump to conclusions, just take the fucking post at face value and read what he said. He's not wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:19 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

One guy accused him of not moving on.

He's not wrong, but that doesn't make him right. It was an entertaining race, and him being able to say it was predictable doesn't make it any less entertaining. I could have told you Spa would involve rain, passing and accidents - doesn't mean it wasn't brilliant. That is the point everybody was trying to make.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The trouble is the downforce laden formula.

For some it makes the racing exciting and good for them if they can overlook its artificial nature, etc...

Others hate its predictable and dangerous nature and the way it takes the race out of the drivers hands...

I'm hoping the new car is going to fix this though.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Raikkon wrote:
Tbf its prob best not to fuel trolls and people who are living in the past, they are looking for a reaction from their post after all.

Raikkon wrote:
Imo the majority of these IRL drivers have wayy more talent than any of the Nascar field

:flag:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 am 

Hi me again :wave:
ellis wrote:
One guy accused him of not moving on.

He's not wrong, but that doesn't make him right. It was an entertaining race, and him being able to say it was predictable doesn't make it any less entertaining. I could have told you Spa would involve rain, passing and accidents - doesn't mean it wasn't brilliant. That is the point everybody was trying to make.

Hammers go out to those who jump to conclusions and thanks go out to those who Defendered me.

Look back at my post. I was responding to a troll-ish post by Ospi and quickly +1'ed by Juihi that said a visit to CCF was in order to see what negative/nasty things they there had to say about the race. All i was saying was they don't even need to watch to know what goes on, they can make stuff up and 3/4s of it will probably be accurate. Or, they can go somewhere like Trackforum or Google and find out what happened so they can make fun of it.

Talk about "pathetic" and people "living in the past" and "wasting their time over something they hate"!
Everyone who bashed me, do you see the irony here?

If you give a f*** what (hate) is going on at CCF and aren't involved in posting it yourself then I ask "Why do you care? How does what goes on at another forum affect you, your life or Indycar???"

Maybe it does affect you?? :o

By the way I watched IndyCar Brazil, Barber, some of Long Beach, some of Kansas, and Indy, Toronto.
I watch when I can but don't go out of my way to watch or get upset if i miss races like i do with F1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:30 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Not just any schmuck can show up off the street and be a major star in the IRL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:39 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Thats as good reply as any given I don't understand his post or why he quoted me.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well they'll have to think of something else to complain about next season seeing as that was the last race at Chicagoland.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14