Live Brno FR 3.5 Series - Race 1 Image05/06-13:00

Live Brno FR 3.5 Series - Race 2 Image06/06-13:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk5fnEK43tA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tipping Ricciardo for the win(s)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:17 pm 

With P1 Motorsport’s Jan Charouz in the morning, and ISR’s Filip Salaquarda in the afternoon, the Czech drivers were on form at Brno. Over two sessions, Filip Salaquarda set the fastest lap of the day, followed by countryman Jan Charouz. In third, Carlin’s Mikhail Aleshin, leader in the Formula Renault 3.5 is lying in wait. With 13 drivers within one second of each other, the qualifying proved as close as they were crucial.

For the first time, the Formula Renault 3.5 Series takes place at the Brno circuit in the Czech Republic. The drivers took advantage of two 75-minute Collective Testing sessions to acclimatize to the switchback circuit. Replaced at Monaco by Alexander Rossi, Esteban Guerrieri, winner of the second race at Spa makes his return to Czech team ISR.

It was some fifteen minutes before the first fast laps were chalked up, starting with a time of 1’44”861 set by Mikhail Aleshin. The Formula Renault 3.5 Series leader set the pace for the session, placing himself squarely in top-spot when he set another flying lap of 1’44”619. However, racing on their home turf, the Czechs didn’t fail to take advantage of their superior knowledge of the Brno circuit. First, Filip Salaquarda put on a show, lapping in 1’44”929, before the session was interrupted by spills from Pons Racing’s Daniel Zampieri and Lotus Junior Racing’s Daniil Move.

When the green flag was flown again, Comtec Racing’s Stefano Coletti quickly claimed his place at the top of the timesheet with a time of 1’43”955, but P1 Motorsport’s Jan Charouz managed to go one better at the end of the session. Credited with a tile of 1’43”716, the Czech finished the first session of collective testing as leader. He was followed by Stefano Coletti, Comtec Racing’s Jon Lancaster, Tech 1 Racing’s Daniel Ricciardo and P1 Motosport’s Walter Grubmuller.

The second session started relatively calmly. The drivers were lining up long runs in order to prepare for the race, and Salaquarda led the dance with a lap time of 1’44”119 ahead of International Draco Racing’s Julian Leal, followed by Daniel Zampieri and Esteban Guerrieri. A little after the session’s half-way mark , Julian Leal left the track, causing the red flag to be flown.

At the restart, the ISR drivers continued their onslaught, followed by Salaquarda and Geurrieri. Salaquarda was the only one to improve on the time set by Charouz at the end of the morning session, lapping in 1’43”322, but once again the red flag came out after Epsilon Euskadi’s Keisuke Kunimoto left the track.

The final run of the day was once again interrupted by the red flag when Tech 1 Racing’s Brendon Hartley clipped the tirewall on turn number 4. At the end of the two sessions, Filip Salaquarda finished the day in first place ahead of Jan Charouz et Mikhail Aleshin.

Quote, unquote:

Filip Salaquarda : “This morning we didn’t use new tyres, we were more interested in the settings for our car. This afternoon, I noticed that to begin with we were running quite well on used tyres, and it was even better on brand new rubber. There’ll be a lot of people here to support us this weekend, I’m really hoping for a good result here.”

Jan Charouz : “it’s great to see the Czech drivers doing well! I didn’t have a lot of luck this afternoon, as the red flags prevented me from driving a flying lap. However, we’re confident, the car is on top form, and we are going to put opn a show for our public, who I’m hoping are going to be out in force.”

Mikhail Aleshin : “We’ve worked really hard. I know the circuit, and so does my engineer, so we know which way to attack it. The car is really on form here. We were already driving faster the the Auto GP, so I’m hoping that we can go faster still.”

http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/en/t ... ahead.aspx

Tech 1 Racing’s Arthur Pic gave the best performance in collective testing for the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 at Brno today, when he set the fast lap just as the chequered flag fell. Teammate Aaro Vainio also put on a good show, finishing the session in second place ahead of Interwetten's Luciano Bacheta.

The drivers in Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 were the first in the World Series by Renault to take to the Brno circuit. Even though the sky was threatening rain throughout the morning, the track remained dry and the competitors wasted no time in getting down to business. For many of them, the main goal was to get a handle on the Czech circuit.

Nevertheless, certain among them had driven here last season, including current Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship leader Korainen Bros Motorsport’s Kevin Korjus, who won two races here in Formula Renault 2.0 NEC. The Estonian dominated the start of the session, setting the first fastest lap in 1’58”832 to lead local driver Krenek Motorsport’s Adam Kout.

As time passed, it was teammate Miki Weckstrom who was the first to better Kout’s flying lap, snatching pole position with a time of 1’58”324. MP Motorsport’s Daniel de Jong was the next to join the fight for first place, while Kout held on to second. But Kevin Korjus reclaimed control of the session with a time of 1’58”061. The session was interrupted towards the end as Cram Competition’s André Nagrao left the track. Kevin Korjus therefore finished the morning as leader, ahead of Daniel De Jong, Adam Kout, Miki Weckstrom and Korainen Bros Motorsport’s Bart Hykelma.

The conditions were perfect in the afternoon, as Arthur Pic proved when he set a time of 1’58”152 on his first flying lap. The Frenchman immediately went one better, smashing the time to beat, set during the morning by Kevin Korjus, with a lap of 1’57”529. Luciano Bacheta also set a time of under 1’58 to claim second.

Meanwhile, Epsilon Euskadi’s Antonio Riberas and Miguel Otegui each took their turn to hold first and second. Before long, the stakes were raised higher still as Daniel de Jong lapped in just 1'57"231 to snatch pole, but Miki Wekstrom's red flag took the wind out of everyone's sails. When the drivers returned to the track, it was the last lap of the session that proved decisive. Luciano Bacheta pushed harder than ever to reclaim the lead, but Aaro Vaino, followed by Arthur Pic went one better just as the chequered flag fell. With a final lap time of 1’56”326, it was Pic who finished the day with the fastest time safely under his belt. He starts Saturday's race ahead of Vainio, Bacheta and de Jong.

Quote, unquote:

Arthur Pic: “I’ve already driven here in Formul’Academy two years ago.” This morning we had a bit of trouble finding the right rhythm, whereas the guys who've already raced here in NEC were right on the pace. Having said that, we did everything right in the second session. It’s a cracking circuit and the car works really well here.”

Daniel De Jong: “I wasn't at all happy with my car's handling this morning, but we made the right modifications, particularly to the brakes. It’s really difficult to overtake here, there isn't a lot of heavy braking, but there are a lot of fast corners. So you need to be quick in qualifying.

Adam Kout: “Driving on my home turf is very important to me. We still have some work to do on the car, but we have what it takes to do well. Last year I won the NEC in the Czech Republic, so it’s very important for me to do the same in Eurocup this year.”

http://www.worldseriesbyrenault.fr/en/t ... ction.aspx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Fryslân, The Netherlands, TBK-member since May 7th, 2003
Now LIVE on Eurosport. Formation lap.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:02 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

looks like someone just won the "worst replay ever" award

graphics are rather...tiny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Fryslân, The Netherlands, TBK-member since May 7th, 2003
Is that the same guy again?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:07 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Worst coverage ever.

Graphics are way too small, impossible to read them now...

EDIT: It's fixed now.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:05 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Obviously a g-r-a-t-e- race when there are more posts about graphics being wonky than any action on track...

I don't think this'll tempt me away from BTCC tomorrow....(unless Porsches are on* :p )

*Tired Porsche attack number 3001427

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I turned the race of, just not interested in watching a race anymore when the coverage is so bad (picture quality also was pathetic)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:38 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Race wasn't actually that bad towards the end, there was a good battle between Lancaster, Mansell, Coletti and Ricciardo. But yeah, the coverage was dire.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought I'm gonna watch the race but tbh the coverage was so freakin' poor. The whole picture had a totally wrong white balance. Everything turned out to be far too blue. Quality itself was shitty, too. The director cut not in the best way and the highlight movie was more black than anything else. Additionally, one of the onboards from the early stages interfered with the current picture ... So, in the end I didn't watch that much :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

ffs Eurosport, fix your signal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Bit of a start pile up, replays are a terrible load of shit, so all I can tell you is "some cars hit" :yuk:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:49 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

shame that these races are ruined by the awful TV coverage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yeah, if you can get past that, the 2 races today have been pretty decent...

I guess the forced low downforce rules are working because all the races have been ok to good this year...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:26 pm 
Mikhail Aleshin test r29 :D ?