TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
to be fair, the IndyCar Series needs more viewers, whether it's on TV or the internet

true, because t's usually much more entertaining than the Nascar race on the same day

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:35 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

markmartinfan wrote:
Indycar has put the entire Indy Lights race on youtube, as well as a number of classic Indycar races.

"JayKay Vernay" "JayKay Vernay" "JayKay Vernay" "JayKay Vernay"

:flag:

Nice to see they have this up though, is the race worth watching?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

noikeee wrote:

"JayKay Vernay" "JayKay Vernay" "JayKay Vernay" "JayKay Vernay"

:flag:

A new Sebastien Bourdais and Simon Pagenaud has coming! :flag:

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:47 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

What, failures?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:40 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

*Opens can of worms*

What, a 4 time champion is a failure is he?

*beginning of shitstorm. I believe they're located inside the can of worms*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:07 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

Mattzel89 wrote:
to be fair, the IndyCar Series needs more viewers, whether it's on TV or the internet

Sure. I just thaught it's interesting that FOM deletes everything connected to formula 1 and IRL puts the videos on youtube themself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:24 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
*Opens can of worms*

4 time champion of a series that everyone was leaving for the then hated IRL. mm, what a god! Shame he was shit when he went to F1 and actually had competition. Simon Pagenaud was so awesome he couldn't even get an open wheel drive afterwards.

Anyway, the only reason they got a mention here is because they are French.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:50 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
*Opens can of worms*

4 time champion of a series that everyone was leaving for the then hated IRL. mm, what a god! Shame he was shit when he went to F1 and actually had competition. Simon Pagenaud was so awesome he couldn't even get an open wheel drive afterwards.

Anyway, the only reason they got a mention here is because they are French.

He drove a Toro Rosso that fell apart anytime he was competitive. Hardly his fault. Also not the fault of Pagenaud that he doesn't have oodles of money like the ride buyers in the IRL. I'll take GdF's opinion over yours anyday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

And he got his arse kicked by a complete rookie when the car didn't fall apart. Now nobody wants him. He must be awesome. As for Pagenaud, the best drivers in IRL aren't paying for anyone. Take GdFs opinion if you want, but if we're taking 'better' peoples positions over forum members then I'll take RBR/STRs opinion over yours any day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
And he got his arse kicked by a complete rookie when the car didn't fall apart. Now nobody wants him. He must be awesome. As for Pagenaud, the best drivers in IRL aren't paying for anyone. Take GdFs opinion if you want, but if we're taking 'better' peoples positions over forum members then I'll take RBR/STRs opinion over yours any day.

It's well documented how flaky Tost and crew are, itching to replacetheir drivers with their young talent just to keep the chain moving along. Had Tost been in charge of the main team, there would be an Australian without a job right now.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I can't believe fucking this! :yuk:

I talked with him at SLF at Monza in October, and respond me why he fail in F1: Because he was forbidden to change many things on the setups, like the engine cartography, the under-steering which handicaped him, and same the suspension(!), a team who's always supported Red Bull Drivers Academy, like Buemi or Alguesuari, and also because it's a "Shut-up and Drive!" Team, when Seabass he's a very good technical driver who want to have a car with the perfect setup for him. there's a lot of technical reason why Bourdais's Failed in F1. Because he was fast on track. But no one has given him time to show his real F1 skills. Now, he take his revenge in Superleague with cool cars and level-up field, and in Endurance Racing with a titular seat in Peugeot.

Really, i will never understand this Fury against him. someone say McNish or Wilson is failures because they've failed in F1? No. With Bourdais, Montagny, and now Grosjean? Yes.

I will come to believe F1 has become anti-French since many times. And opinions like this doesn't help us. So please, you can say "i don't like Bourdais" but no "Bourdais is a Shit". it's not a generallity, i think.

Now, someone can lock this topic please? shit like this made me mad and sick...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Whoa, dude. Whoa.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:27 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I called him a failure. Frankly I don't believe any BS that Bourdais spouts given he spent his entire CCWS career moaning and lying. He claimed he was sacked via SMS ffs, which STR seemed rather confused about. If the talent had not left CCWS, Bourdais would have found it mighty difficult to win 4 champions. As it is, good driver, in by far the best team? It was always going to be a walk over.

Justin Wilson I love, but he didn't do that awesome either. McNish and Salo performed beyond what the Toyota was capable of, but Toyota being Toyota, they expected results instantly and blamed the drivers since the car had undergone 2 years of development. McNish (and Salo) were never going to be F1 World Champions, but they more than held there own for Toyota, only to be sacked simply because management were expecting championships and wins. Both turned out to be 2 of the best sportscar drivers in the world too.

As for anti-French, BS. Alesi was one of the most loved drivers in the sports history. The fact there is no top class French drivers with the ability to compete in F1 at the current levels is not the fault of F1, but the fault of the French motorsport ladder for not being as well built as the UK And German ones, specifically. Don't blame F1 for your country not producing the drivers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I think he's got somewhat of a point - Bourdais, Montagny and Grosjean weren't amazing in F1 but none of them got an 100% fair shot neither. That was more about bad luck than anti-french conspiracy, though. The reason people don't take them seriously is because F1 fans like taking the piss out of the drivers that didn't make it in F1 - Bourdais being quite an epic whiner didn't help him gain a support base neither.

Similar drivers like McNish, Wilson, Davidson get more of a break because the F1 press has a slight bias towards the brits. That is different from having a bias against the french.

While Ellis is absolutely right that the french ladder is in ruins compared to the brit and the german, it is a bit unlucky that you guys don't currently have a F1 driver despite a decent generation of talent. Still, with Bianchi, Vergne, Pic and Vernay all climbing the ladder currently you will have drivers in F1 and/or Indycar within 2 or 3 years again, so just have some patience.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:05 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I know Scotty, i don't deny the facts. But it's simply the way to tell who's given me mad. Not personal. Excuse me for this.

I agreed in some points. the ladder system since fusion of French and German F3 is just inexistant for us. Seabass was beaten by two rookie, but it's first team-mate is Vettel. a real Phénomenon. No problem. But for Buemi, it's was because is a RB driver since it's debut, and TR is the Red Bull Junior Team, as you know. so, it's more supported than Seb'. But well.

You know what? i prefer to Seabass out of F1 but winning again in other catégories, with everything i heard for him as my "interview", than a unlucky, unsupported and very sad driver Bourdais was in F1. the contacts with fan miss him. Really, he's was very decontracted, and the team was very happy to have him. And Quesnel wants him again because he's one of best drivers in Endurance, despite his un-lucky contacts and punctures at Sebring and Le Mans last Year.

I know his driving skills, i support him since Le Mans 2000, when he's finished fourth with a obsolete car. He've got total respect for me, and i was like a crazy guy when he wins his 4 Championships. but also when he attempts Indy 500, IROC, Daytona, Sebring...and now the new challenge of Superleague and the Surfers race in October. And now, his N°1 objective is winning Le Mans, his race!

And in CCWS, the level seriousely down after 2002, i agree, but Paul Tracy, Bruno Junquiera, Justin Wilson, A.J. Allmendinger and Will Power make absolute work too. And i know some CCWS drivers are struggled when they goes in F1, with exceptions of Villeneuve and Montoya.

When i said all of this only because like you Scotty, i will Support My driver in every situations, but i will try to get over this, i know i'm too emotive. Sorry again. I will try to stay very cool next time. ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15