TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:23 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
She's surely only there to be the IRLs random yellow generator...

Shes there because shes funding cars.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:35 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

ellis wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

If IRL had a 107% rule, would she still be there?

Its all good for lulz and whatnot now, but if she ever hurts herself or someone else....well serious questions will be asked.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Great race once again. Too bad that the only interesting thing that Rahal did this race was hitting Simona :x

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:52 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
ellis wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

If IRL had a 107% rule, would she still be there?

Its all good for lulz and whatnot now, but if she ever hurts herself or someone else....well serious questions will be asked.

What does the 107% rule have to do with it? That isn't the same sport, so who cares? You might as well talk about what'd happen if IndyCar banned refueling. It's meaningless.

As for somebody getting hurt - 5-7 seconds is that big a deal? Really? Half of the grid runs the Daytona 24 each year, and a whole bunch of them have LMP experience (Dario, Dixon, Helio, Briscoe, just off the top of my head), and they deal with cars that are significantly slower. If professional racing drivers can't cope with Milkas speed on track then we should be more worried about why not. Milka is just as slow in IndyCar as the new F1 teams are relative to the F1 front runners, but Milka is worse because the cars are all equal (or as close as equal as they can be). So if F1 drivers are coping with it, why can't IndyCar drivers?

Yes Milka sucks. Yes she is slow. But she isn't as horrificly and dangerously slow as some are making out, especially when you take into account other motorsports. The only real issue I have regarding her is how IRL handled Roth and Barrett. They were quick to get rid of them, but not Milka. I guess they are taking into account that she is keeping Dale Coyne Racing afloat, and losing 2 cars is worse than having a slow driver on track.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Code:
Pos  Driver               Team                    Time
1.  Will Power           Penske                  1m01.6026s
23.  Alex Lloyd           Dale Coyne              1m03.4793s (+1.8s)
24.  Milka Duno           Dale Coyne              1m08.5057s (+6.9s)

1st to 23rd were separated by 1.8s in qualifying but she was a further 5.1s behind Lloyd who set the 23rd best time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:11 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Yup. So relatively speaking, she is no slower from the front of the IndyCar field as HRT are to the front of the F1 field. Whatever the reason for the speed difference is irrelevant, and since F1 drivers (and sportscar drivers in countless series) cope with the speed difference, there is no reason why IndyCar drivers can't.

Disclaimer: Again, I'm not saying she isn't shit. And I'm not saying it's fair what they did to Roth given they are leaving her alone. But it isn't actually that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Initially I was happy for her to be in the series. An extra car is always good. But she hasn't shown any signs of improvement and seems to be getting worse if anything. In practice she spun several times, twice almost taking out other cars. 7 seconds off the pace is massive on a track with a laptime barely over a minute. She's a little more up to speed on the ovals but It would be better for the series if someone else drove that car on the road courses.

I know the new teams in F1 are also well off the pace at the moment but that's purely down to the car. All of them have pretty decent drivers who aren't throwing it off the road every 5 laps and are well aware (and very generous) when they're being lapped.

Maybe I'm being slightly harsh. I can't actually think of a time when Milka has caused an accident or messed up someones race. But you can just see it happening!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Initially I was happy for her to be in the series. An extra car is always good. But she hasn't shown any signs of improvement and seems to be getting worse if anything. In practice she spun several times, twice almost taking out other cars. 7 seconds off the pace is massive on a track with a laptime barely over a minute. She's a little more up to speed on the ovals but It would be better for the series if someone else drove that car on the road courses.

I don;t think you understand the situation with that car. If you take Milka out, you lose the sponsorship. If you lose the sponsorship you lose Coyne cars.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:52 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

I think Milka should run the ovals only and be replaced by some road course speciallist on the non-ovals. Then again she must be aware how bad she is on the non-ovals, and to me it seems that the bashing she got back in 2007 when she joined ICS must be still on her mind. I don't know if she gained any respect within the drivers but I seriously doubt it and therefore she may be sticking out there just to annoy the people, don't think she's having much fun unless you're counting the twitter bitching towards Danica :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:28 am 

ellis wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:

I don;t think you understand the situation with that car. If you take Milka out, you lose the sponsorship. If you lose the sponsorship you lose Coyne cars.

Yeah Im more then happy for her to stay if its the only way to keep both cars, the fast guys have dealt with her easily enough so far...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous 131 32 33 34 35