3. 11%  11%  [ 6 ]
2. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
1. SoS 25%  25%  [ 14 ]
Total votes: 56
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:02 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think it was a very good season.

IRL seemed to have lost the exciting oval racing that was known for at the beggining of the year, but they reacted and made some changes and improved the show (some may argue that it easn't the best solution and that the racing was fake, but they did something about it in mid-season instead of waiting for the off season, which it's a plus). Road courses were good too, with some good races and some dull races.

We had the same 2 teams that have been dominating the last 2 seasons, but it was great that pretty much at the end of every race, the championship leader was not the guy who was leader before the race. And the fact that we had 3 contenders that still have big chances to get the title, 15 laps before the end of the season, it's great.

The downside was obviously the Versus contract. The network did a great job on covering (and promoting) the series, with great commentators and production, but the availability is an mayor issue and it will be in the upcoming seasons.

I say...7/10

Please, be objective. Save all the "IRL Sucks", "IRL will be dead in 6 months" and shit like that for yourself. Justify your vote too, if possible.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:11 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

St Pete : ok race
Long Beach : meh
Kansas : meh
INDE: ok race
Milwaukee: err...bad
Texas: can't remember
Iowa: can't remember, probably not so good
Richmond: yawn
Watkins Glen: pretty average
Toronto: just ok
Edmonton: can't remember
Kentucky: good
Mid Ohio: crap
Sonoma: good race
Chicagoland: good race
Motegi: meh
Homestead: without the championship battle it would hae been the worst race all season long

So yeah, not a season to remember. It had good parts, but they seriously need to work on that car.

Overall I'd give it 4/10 points, and I'm very generous. And I still hope that sky Deutschland will keep showing IndyCar in 2010. Doesn't look like they'll get NASCAR back, so IndyCars are welcome to round up a sunday evening.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:07 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

St Pete : ok
Long Beach : crap
Kansas : crap
INDE: ok
Milwaukee: decent
Texas: crap
Iowa: decent
Richmond: big crap
Watkins Glen: ok
Toronto: good
Edmonton: crap
Kentucky: good
Mid Ohio: crap
Sonoma: haven't seen it
Chicagoland: good
Motegi: crap
Homestead: crap

I can't decide between 3 or 4 to be honest. But overall it's wasn't a good season in any way.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:57 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

It's been mediocre. They need to do something with the cars to mix up the field more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:00 am 

The only 2 memorable races to me were Sonoma and Toronto. Sonoma was a surprising good race on a circuit containing fast bends and short straights, and Toronto stood out due to Paul Tracy's yet another exhilarating passing show. In general, the domination of 2 top teams serves to make the race less predictable. The Vs TV director, despite being notably better than ESPN/ABC, did little to improve the viewing spectacle.

I am inclined to watch 2010 season though, solely due to the brilliance of their race control feature on indycar.com, otherwise I would only come back when they change their chassis and engine.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:45 pm 
Head Muppet

I gave it a 5, mainly because a lot of the drivers I like don't have full time rides at the moment, though I hope the rumor with Will Power turns out to be true.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:26 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I gave it a generous 6. Should have been better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:23 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

better than F1 this season. That says a lot :cry:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Give it a 4. Before Kentucky the oval races were dire excluding Indy, even after the changes only Chicagoland was any good. Only SC/RC race I enjoyed were St Pete and Toronto.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:06 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Let's see...

St Pete: Heard it's okay
Long Beach: Attended, sucked
Kansas: DEGA FEVAR :8: :8: :8: wait...shit...
INDE: Helio won it, shit race
Milwaukee: What?
Texas: Sucked
Iowa: Sucked
Richmond: Sucked ass
Watkins Glen: OMG DALE COYNE WON A RACE
Toronto: Probably decent
Edmonton: WOO WILL POWER
Kentucky: 10/10
Mid Ohio: Did not watch
Sonoma: 8/10
Chicagoland: 10/10
Motegi: Sucked
Homestead: Come to think of it, if it weren't for the fuel strategy mixed in with the championship battle, we would just pass it off as a dull race.

I'll be as nice as I can and give it a 5. The Versus telecasts are as good as you can get, like SPEED Channel's telecasts of CART races. Like SPEED Channel, it's a channel that no one can access and its limited availability really has hurt the IRL than helping it. It really doesn't help that those who actually have it doesn't watch it much besides the NHL.

Don't be surprised if this winds up in the CCF forums.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:42 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The only races I can remember being good are Toronto (even though IRL screwing over Tracy is getting really old) Watkins Glen and Sears Point.

I don't like the oval show and even Indy was a bit of a let down with the aero rules as they were. (Though I imagine they'll be working hard on that aspect at least so that the marquee event can have a good show)

Get Tracy a fulltime drive in 2010 plz, Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:53 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Tommy Vercetti wrote:

Don't be surprised if this winds up in the CCF forums.

I'm always glad to entertain a bunch of disabled people

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:12 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Half the races sucked, the other half ranged from fine to great. So I gave it A 5, a low 5.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:33 am 
Head Muppet

Two best races of the season for me on the road courses were Edmonton and Watkins Glen. Edmonton because everyone got to see how insanely awesome Will Power is, and it was a good display of driving by everyone that we didn't have a caution till the penultimate lap. Watkins Glen is on the list because of Dale Coyne Racing winning a race.

As for ovals, Kentucky's one because that's the closest anyone came to throwing off Penassi on the ovals this season, and the other's Homestead because equipment didn't get torn up like it was nobody's business.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:40 am 
The most anticipated member

Best races of the season without a doubt were Toronto and Chicagoland.

In Toronto lots of crazy disputes, Paul Tracy driving like a demon and challenging all unexperienced drivers, showing he's still one big character in the world of auto racing. I was actually very happy that Toronto was added to the IndyCar schedule because it's rare to see a boring race there, I remember the CART races there, it always produced good racing, lots of disputes and all, I'd say it's one of the best street courses in the World. Chicagoland was insane! 90% of the race most drivers were doing two wide, three wide, a fabulous pack racing too - it was much better than many oval races we see out there. After these two races I mentioned, I really can't see any other amazing race this season....perhaps Indy 500 cause Helio won for the third time and this fact is exciting, he shut up all people who were crucifying him telling his career was over after that tax misunderstanding and etc. But the Indy 500 race itself wasn't entertaining. Overall, it was a very bad IndyCar season. I'm expecting a better year in 2010.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:15 am 
Head Muppet

J.Morelli wrote:
Best races of the season without a doubt were Toronto and Chicagoland.

In Toronto lots of crazy disputes, Paul Tracy driving like a demon and challenging all unexperienced drivers, showing he's still one big character in the world of auto racing. I was actually very happy that Toronto was added to the IndyCar schedule because it's rare to see a boring race there, I remember the CART races there, it always produced good racing, lots of disputes and all, I'd say it's one of the best street courses in the World. Chicagoland was insane! 90% of the race most drivers were doing two wide, three wide, a fabulous pack racing too - it was much better than many oval races we see out there. After these two races I mentioned, I really can't see any other amazing race this season....perhaps Indy 500 cause Helio won for the third time and this fact is exciting, he shut up all people who were crucifying him telling his career was over after that tax misunderstanding and etc. But the Indy 500 race itself wasn't entertaining. Overall, it was a very bad IndyCar season. I'm expecting a better year in 2010.

Monster updated Tracy's profile on their website, give him a shout out. He says the guys from Monster are taking notice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://www.monsterenergy.com/web/athletes-paul-tracy

Lots of typos. 8O

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:58 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Enjoyed it more than the final CC season, though the DP01 didn't help that cause.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:05 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

All the oval races before Kentucky sucked and generally Penske & Ganassi's domination didn't help either. At least Watkins Glen provided a real feel good story. Not the best of IndyCar seasons, if it wasn't for my passion for the series & old names I'd flush it down the toilet.

Because of Kentucky, Chicagoland, Helio winning Indy and Dale Coyne winning at WG I'll give it 6/10.