TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:34 am 

Cheeveer wrote:
Those people are so bitter that it is both sad and funny.

If "artificial racing" is such a bad thing, then we can complain about the Handford-days too. But we won't, because those races were fun.

In those races you could actually complete passes.... ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

AutoRacer5 wrote:
amq55 wrote:
I suddenly fell like raiding the site.

Ask Anonymous. They can help with that.

Fuck that, they won't give a fuck. They'd probably fuck up your comp for your trouble too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:07 pm 

Tommy Vercetti wrote:

Har har. I am old enough to remember when Jeff Gordon had a mullet.

Yes, the pack racing is a bit artificial, and there is a greater chance something will go horrendously wrong as has happened in the past. On the other hand, it's way more exciting than the snoozefests of an oval race that happened before. I think it's easier to attract more casual interest with these changes.

I'll still take the older CART over the new IRL, but I'm not going to hate every change that happens just because of some 15 year old political war. Tony George is gone, folks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

electrodevo wrote:
I'll still take the older CART over the new IRL, but I'm not going to hate every change that happens just because of some 15 year old political war. Tony George is gone, folks.

I think that's the key. This guys are so retarded that even if IRL produces racing with same quality of the good old CART races, they'll still hate it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

electrodevo wrote:
Tommy Vercetti wrote:

The wars been going on a lot longer than the last 15 years. Indycar racing, like certain parts of this planet, has more or less been in a perpetual state of war for the better part of the last 40 years.

The overwhelming problem with open wheel racing for all that time, greater than which stooge was in charge, greater than the cars being raced or the engines used, greater than any aero package or crappy race track, has always been the team owners. They were the greatest detriment to the series(s) before they ran it, during the time they ran it, and to some extent they're still the biggest problem. It's always been a case of "I don't like your rules so I'm taking my ball and going home... Or at least going somewhere else." That is beginning to change, but everyone seems to think that the problems with the IRL will be solved, or at least made a great deal better, once they get a new car and some of the old tracks back. I'm sad to say that ain't going to happen.

NASCAR is a success first and foremost because if the sanctioning body comes out tomorrow and tells the teams to race lawnmowers, the teams will start building lawnmowers. Until the owners decide to run their teams and stop trying to run the series, nothing is going to get better. Strong central leadership combined with the team owners buying what the sanctioning body is selling, even if it's a John Deere, is the cornerstone for a strong series. From that, you can revise the product and promote something people might want to watch.

Personally, I thought the race was pretty good. I was on the edge of my seat for most of it. Very tense, very nerve racking and some exceptional driving by all concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Who the hell gives a shit what another forum thinks about our opinions?

Its almost like posting opinions to another forum and having the piss ripped out of them is a new thing here.
Here's the inside scoop. It's not. Hurrr....

And yeah, I have a problem with the excess downforce and low power of the IRL car. So what Big Whoop, wanna fight about it?
As soon as the IRL develop a better car, something in the Formula Superfund or A1GP style, (oh, and Employ Tracy) I'm sure I'll be their biggest cheerleader.
They've made great strides this year in firing Tony George so sense might be about to break out over there.....

(No, it wasn't me...;) )

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:38 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

codename_47 wrote:
As soon as the IRL develop a better car, something in the Formula Superfund or A1GP style, (oh, and Employ Tracy) I'm sure I'll be their biggest cheerleader.

The only reason the Superfund car is interesting is it has an epic engine. If it didn't, then nobody would care in the slighest. A1GPs attempts at it's own car were utterly hilarious too.

The Dallara seemed to work perfectly fine after the fine tuning in the last races. I'd rather them not bin the Dallara to make a select couple of moaners happy when the car is not only safe and cheap, but is now providing good racing. The car was always a great base. It just needed slightly better regs to unleash its potential.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:48 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Formula Superfund never raced, so how do you know that car provided good racing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

98-2000 CART Car with safety updates = epic win

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:10 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

cookie wrote:
Formula Superfund never raced, so how do you know that car provided good racing?

Sorry, got confused between 2 series. Which kinda enforces the point even more. Lets make a brilliant car. Like one that never raced?

Quote:

I agree. the problem is you can't uninvent technology.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow, that's one bitter group of people. In fact, i can't even be bothered to argue with their idiocy. It's pure comedy.

But if they do happen to read this then this "TBK kiddy" has been watching Indycars since before the split and can still appreciate a good race when i see one. Maybe it's time you tried too...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

cookie wrote:

SuperLEAGUE.....sorry... :oops:

Its pretty much the same idea that kept coming back though. Never give up, never surrender! :p

And its much more than a good engine, it has a chasis that can follow closely in understeer inducing corners like Imola at Magny Cours for crying out loud.
We know F1 cars run scared of even being in visual range of one another when attempting that corner and I very much doubt the ugly, over downforced underpowered Dallara would be any different.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Quote:

I agree. the problem is you can't uninvent technology.

True, we remember those few years of racing quite fondly but just to bring those cars back would not really bring us back to that kind of racing again.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:24 am 

codename_47 wrote:

Always loved that old A1GP chassis, brilliant for racing, but I doubt that chassis is for the top tier open wheel series. But I do feel that anyone who tries to develope an open wheel car with promoting road course overtakings in mind should look at those old A1 chassis.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:06 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't care what Champcar fans think, if they want to sit there being bitter then that's their problem, I'm enjoying this season, it surely has to be one of the closest major racing series this year, and it's quite funny how they quoted me :lol: I'm famous! :flag: and a gomer!! :lol: whatever the hell that means, they can reminisce as much as they want.

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:37 pm 
Juihi wrote:
I don't care what Champcar fans think, if they want to sit there being bitter then that's their problem, I'm enjoying this season, it surely has to be one of the closest major racing series this year, and it's quite funny how they quoted me :lol: I'm famous! :flag: and a gomer!! :lol: whatever the hell that means, they can reminisce as much as they want.

You better enjoy it while it lasts because it won't be around for much longer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am enjoying it thank you

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:49 am 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

CART fan wrote:
Juihi wrote:

You better enjoy it while it lasts because it won't be around for much longer.

You can hope as much as you can but I lol'd.

IRL will be around for many more seasons, and if it dies someone will pick it up again, just like Don Panoz did with sports cars racing in the 90's.

Isn't pessimism great?