TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 70
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:48 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Georgeboi999 wrote:
Looks like in that picture, the HANS device is still on him. Looks like all of his back when forward aswell in the crash and not just his neck.

So maybe his seat belts were weakened by the fire? Awful hit. :(

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Might be. Or just the impact was so massive and fast the seat belts didn't have time to tighten up.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:59 pm 
pending wrote:
Edit: Now that I think about it, there's a better chance we'll see Foyt 4 in that car than Tracy...

Not surprising.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fortunately for TK, He hasn't broke any ribs:

http://twitter.com/TonyKanaan
Quote:
Great news guys Dr Tremell just called no broken ribs just soft tissue soreness. Feels like is broken but it's not so. Great news

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:41 pm 
Ah, good to hear that. That was a nasty hit indeed.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's good news.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:48 pm 

scotty wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Wow he really did take a battering with those two huge impacts.

Also I hope PT does get the seat, he'd be a perfect super sub.

It does kinda contradict what he said earlier in the year though about not wanting to sit around waiting for someone to get injuried to take their drive... :o

So he can sit by and watch some cashed up south american derp take the seat?

Foyt should enter both Junky and PT 8) .

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 8:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sarah Fisher's has been awarded this year's Scott Brayton Driver's Trophy Award:

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS May 25, 2009 Dollar General driver Sarah Fisher was selected as this year's recipient of the Scott Brayton Driver's Trophy Award, presented annually to the driver best exemplifying the character and racing spirit of the late driver Scott Brayton. Fisher received the award at the 2009 Indianapolis 500 victory banquet on May 25. The Scott Brayton Drivers Trophy is voted on by local, national and international media attending the race.

"I cannot believe I am receiving this award," said Fisher, who will count down the most current musical hits on FUSE TV's No. 1 Countdown Tuesday at 3 p.m. EDT. "This is such a huge honor for me. Thank you very much."

Brayton, a 14-time Indianapolis 500 starter, was killed in a practice crash in May 1996 at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway just days after winning his second consecutive Indianapolis 500 pole.

Fisher qualified for her eighth Indianapolis 500 on May 10, 2009, and started from the outside of Row 7 on Memorial Day weekend, marking the most number of starts for a women in the 93-year history of the race. Fisher advanced four positions in Sunday's race to finish 17th, her career-best Indy 500 finish.

"I was really happy for all the guys on the team and to bring the Dollar General No. 67 home with four wheels, was huge for our small team" said Fisher. "Most people probably thought we wouldn't be back after last year, but I hope we've given people that extra hope in their own lives to keep moving forward regardless of the obstacles they encounter.

That extra hope was passed along to Fisher and her team when she was awarded the prestigious Scott Brayton Drivers Trophy. John Paul Jr. was the first recipient of the award in 1997 followed by Roberto Guerrero, Eliseo Salazar, 1998 Indianapolis 500 winner Eddie Cheever Jr., Davey Hamilton, 1990 and 97' Indianapolis 500 winner Arie Luyendyk, 1996 Indianapolis 500 winner Buddy Lazier, 2001, 02' and 09' Indianapolis 500 winner Helio Castroneves, 1999 Indianapolis 500 winner Kenny Brack, 2006 Indianapolis 500 winner, Sam Hornish Jr., Tony Kanaan and Vitory Meira.

"I'm honored to follow in the footsteps of those that have came before me," continued Fisher.

Fisher's 2009 IndyCar Series season continues June 6 at Texas Motor Speedway. The race will be telecast live in High Definition (HD) at 9 p.m. (EDT) on VERSUS. The race will air live on the IMS Radio Network, XM channel 145 and Sirius channel 211. The radio broadcast also will be carried on www.indycar.com, with broadcast coverage summaries available at www.indycar.com and www.sarahfisher.com.

Tagliani was named Rookie Of The Year:

Quote:
NDIANAPOLIS(AP)—Not bad for a guy whose qualification speed wasn’t good enough to make the Indianapolis 500.

Canadian driver Alex Tagliani, reinstated in the lineup after qualifications in place of veteran Bruno Junqueira, drove from 33rd to 11th in Sunday’s race and was selected rookie of the year at the victory banquet Monday night. His gain of 22 spots was the most of any driver in the race.

“As a driver, you know the car is fast enough to compete in the field, but you know from an exceptional situation we just got bumped,” he said of his original race car. “Obviously, with the (Junqueira) car we had, it was just unfortunate that we started so far back. The car was really, really good.”

Tagliani, the regular driver for Conquest Racing, was bumped out of the starting field by Ryan Hunter-Reay on the last qualification attempt May 17.

At first, team owner Eric Bachelart said he would stick with Junqueira, who was a late hire for Indy only and had already qualified. But then he decided he couldn’t afford to jeopardize the sponsorship Tagliani had for the rest of the season. So Junqueira was out and Tagliani was back in, although as a replacement he had to start last.

“The only conversation I had with him was just to thank him, to be understanding, and that’s all,” Tagliani said of Junqueira, a former Indy pole starter who doesn’t have a full-time ride this season. “After that, I just spent a lot of time with the engineers to get settled in the second car and pretty much go forward from that.”

Tagliani, who drove in the former CART/Champ Car series from 2000 until last year, has two 10th-place finishes, both on road courses, to go with his 11th place on the 2 1/2-mile oval at Indy in his three races for Conquest this season.

He received a prize of $295,305 at the victory dinner Monday night, including a $25,000 bonus as the race’s top newcomer. The other first-year drivers were England’s Mike Conway, who wound up 18th; Brazil’s Raphael Matos, who ran as high as fourth before a late crash left him 22nd; France’s Nelson Philippe, who was 25th; and Robert Doornbos of the Netherlands, who was 28th.

Hunter-Reay, who was the 2008 rookie of the year, crashed on the 20th lap Sunday and finished 32nd.

“I guess the consolation was just to win that rookie of the year trophy,” Tagliani said, “and showing that the team is not only good on road courses now, but is also pretty good on ovals.”

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:36 am 
CART fan wrote:
rhashana wrote:
[*] the over-under on American TV ratings for the 2009 running of the Indianapolis 500, as stated by Nielsen in the days following the event is:
4.1 (final, not overnight)

UNDER

Looks like I will probably be correct:

Quote:
Indy 500 overnight down 18%.
In a year when NASCAR appears to be shedding viewers, and on a day when the rival Coca Cola 600 was rained out, ratings still declined for the crown jewel of the Indy Racing League.

The 2009 Indianapolis 500 drew a 4.2 overnight rating on ABC Sunday afternoon, down 18% from a 5.1 last year, and down 13% from a 4.8 for the rain-soaked 2007 race. The 4.2 overnight is the lowest for the Indy 500 since at least 1995, and likely marks the lowest overnight ever for the race.

In each of the past two years, final ratings for the Indy 500 fell 10% from the overnight, putting this year's race on pace for a 3.8 final rating. The Indy 500 has never drawn a final rating below 4.1.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:36 am 

StefMeister wrote:
Found this pic of Meira's crash, Look how far forward his head is :ohmy:

Whoever took this pic needs HUGE $$$

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ugh. My neck feels sensitive just looking at that shot. :ohmy:

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

jeffdale24 wrote:
StefMeister wrote:
Found this pic of Meira's crash, Look how far forward his head is :ohmy:

Whoever took this pic needs HUGE $$$

Anyone got the source or this pic in higher res?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:34 am 

Is it just me, or was that the exact same crash Junquiera had in 07(?)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:45 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Georgeboi999 wrote:
Might be. Or just the impact was so massive and fast the seat belts didn't have time to tighten up.

Thats exactly it. When there is an impact, the belts stretch a bit to their point of tightness. He quite possibly wasnt sitting up in the car when he tightend his belts originally which made the belts have some slack in them.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He took the wheel off during the pit fire so may have undone his belts as well thinking he was out. In the hurry to get back out on the lead lap when they realised the car wasn't damaged maybe they weren't tightened up properly?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 3:21 am 
momo1911 wrote:
Is it just me, or was that the exact same crash Junquiera had in 07(?)

No it's not just you, it was pretty much the same. And it was 2005 by the way.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Man, the IRL on ABC got outdrew by Jon plus 6 kids plus 3 bitches on TLC.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1397 posts ]  Go to page Previous 166 67 68 69 70