TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:58 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

yup boring race once again, however the F3 races during the DTM will be better (as usual).

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shaddix wrote:
it's not the carlin car that's the problem, it's the fact they drive on tyres of the Euroseries, so the drivers that know those tyres have a huge advantage

I know that. I mean't by how Daniel had to park the car without even starting the race. Even though he was starting 13th, it's pretty dissapointing.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:36 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What a fantastic event! F3 race was a little boring, but it was still very enjoyable. Great weather, 3 days with sun, a few raindrops on sundaymorning but that was all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:12 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
What a fantastic event! F3 race was a little boring, but it was still very enjoyable. Great weather, 3 days with sun, a few raindrops on sundaymorning but that was all.

+1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fllying_Fin wrote:
Rudy88 wrote:

+1

I believe you saw that amazing flip, made by our Flying Dutchman? How was it at the Audi-S? Where you at the braking point or in the middle of the corner? I might go to the DTM as well and I'm curious how it is over there. Most of the times I'm at the Scheivlak on friday and saturday practices, and in the Tarzanbocht on raceday. I also heard that the Audi-S has, after the Scheivlak, her own fanclub?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
Fllying_Fin wrote:
Rudy88 wrote:

+1

I believe you saw that amazing flip, made by our Flying Dutchman? How was it at the Audi-S? Where you at the braking point or in the middle of the corner? I might go to the DTM as well and I'm curious how it is over there. Most of the times I'm at the Scheivlak on friday and saturday practices, and in the Tarzanbocht on raceday. I also heard that the Audi-S has, after the Scheivlak, her own fanclub?

Yep, I was in front of the flip (unfortunately by batteries of the camera were all empty :( ).
I sat at the outside in the dunes in the middle of the corner (30 meters or so on the left of the Audi-S fanclub, on top of the dunes)
It was my first time that I saw a whole race from the Audi-S, and I enjoyed it. There were about the same amount of overtaking as in the Tarzan I think. You can see the cars coming out of Hugenholz, going into Rob Slotemaker, the Audi-S completely, and a bit of the Kumho corner.
During the other events at Zandvoort (just A1GP every year) I sat in the Tarzan and Scheivlak. You should definately give it a try in the Audi-S, try it on saturday in the DTM weekend!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:33 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm definitely gonna give it a try! Sounds good! I was together with my little nephew, I made a bet with him, I said I bet at least 1 driver is going to flip during a Formula BMW race, I hoped it was at Tarzan :p

I think Zandvoort is one of the few circuits where a place to stand ( don't know the word :p ) is better than a grandstand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:04 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
I'm definitely gonna give it a try! Sounds good! I was together with my little nephew, I made a bet with him, I said I bet at least 1 driver is going to flip during a Formula BMW race, I hoped it was at Tarzan :p

I think Zandvoort is one of the few circuits where a place to stand ( don't know the word :p ) is better than a grandstand.

Yeah it sure is. I was at the main grandstand sunday during the F3 race, and it wasn't the best place to sit really. Not that much happened in the Tarzan or so, but you couldn't see much really. You could barely see the start really well because of the fences and people in front of you (and you're pretty much forced to stay and sit down during the race). You can't read the starting numbers of the cars because they're coming by so fast during the race. You can only see the Tarzan or Luyendijk very far away, so you miss the few action for sure. You can only see the Hugenholz fairly well. But during the F3 race that surely wasn't the most exciting corner. It was just that I had to sit there because the other people which I went to the track with, wanted to sit there. It was dry, and you could have a seat there (djeez... great autosportfans uh?)

I was counting on a spectacular FBMW race as well. I just was really lucky that it happened at the place where I stood.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:24 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

@
racefan
: When are you going to post your video. I'm very looking forward to it :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:45 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
@ Racefan: When are you going to post your video. I'm very looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Im working on it right now. I hope to start uploading it within a hour.

Btw have you guys seen that the prema cars where running Scheivlak.nl stickers on their cars? :P

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow, that's cool! I asked you a question on your website as well. I was wondering how you guys managed to get a cabin in front of the fences. I was at the Scheivlak on friday and saturday as well. Saw some nice spinners, believe we missed a nice crash between 3 cars in the DSC. We couldn't make it since our train wasn't leaving early enough :(

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Rudy88 wrote:
Wow, that's cool! I asked you a question on your website as well. I was wondering how you guys managed to get a cabin in front of the fences. I was at the Scheivlak on friday and saturday as well. Saw some nice spinners, believe we missed a nice crash between 3 cars in the DSC. We couldn't make it since our train wasn't leaving early enough :(

Read the latest news article on scheivlak.nl, it's explained there. http://www.aeroprint.nl/cgi-script/csNe ... d=342&op=t

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:47 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I already read it but somehow I missed that part :p Lucky guys ;)