TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 523 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Apparently the renewed Formula 2 car broke the Portimao lap record. Which means it is faster than a WSBR 3.5.

Soueck drove a 1.35.770, which is 3/10's faster than the WSBR time.

http://www.autosport.nl/news/19687/form ... timao.html (Dutch article).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Newsflash
Ebrahim does another year of F2
Kelvin Snoeks moves from IFM to F2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

driver of the day: Jack Clarke

meh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Texeira confirmed

if Gandolfi stays he'll have someone to fight with :p

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Location: 43 104 Kevin Lepage Chevrolet J Davis Motorsports.com 94.005 155.021 -20.183
codename_47 wrote:
Yeah kids, bottle of champagne and a racing car, what could go wrong? :p

Any Cell-Phone sponsors?

:flag:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nicola De Marco joins F2 for his 2nd season

Quote:
3 Jolyon Palmer
4 Benjamin Baily
5 Ricardo Texeira
7 Ivan Samarin
9 Nicola De Marco
10 Benjamin Lariche
11 Jack Clarke
12 Kelvin Snoeks
14 Sergey Afanasiev
33 Armaan Ebrahim

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Kazim is also coming back.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82032

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see him do something else as well.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:54 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Plamen Kralev signed today :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shaddix wrote:
Plamen Kralev signed today :lol:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy :o :( :yuk:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I hope Tristan Vautier gets a full season ride this season after almost becoming FPA champion last year. He is a nice guy. I met him last year @ Brands Hatch, on the Thursday before the A1GP weekend at the end of April. I was walking around the track to get some good shots and just see this legendary track for once in my life, and after the bridge I was allowed to walk onto the track, along with some A1GP drivers who were inspecting the track.

As I was walking I saw a young kid walking with his dad. He came up to me and asked in which class I was driving. well I told him I was just a racing fan making the best of my day off of work in England. He had to laugh and I asked him who he was and what he was driving. He told me he was Tristan Vautier and it was his first visit to England, together with his dad. He was going to drive the Mediaco Formula Palmer Audi car.

We walked about half the track together and I asked him a lot of questions and after walking past John Watson, Neel Jani and Adam Carroll, we had a look in the garages and then we shook hands and I wished him all the best for the 2009 season. When I came back home I checked the internet for some more information and watched some races live. I was surprised he got some very good results in his first races over there, and followed his season all year long. I also told him to chech this forum but I think that's not the thing what was on his mind when he came back to France after the Brands Hatch weekend :) !

Too bad he didn't win the championship, but after seeing him driving the penultimate race of the F2 season last year I'm hoping he will be driving the whole season this year. Maybe some of you have some more info on him and his plans for 2010?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:18 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gallie wrote:
I hope Tristan Vautier gets a full season ride this season after almost becoming FPA champion last year. He is a nice guy. I met him last year @ Brands Hatch, on the Thursday before the A1GP weekend at the end of April. I was walking around the track to get some good shots and just see this legendary track for once in my life, and after the bridge I was allowed to walk onto the track, along with some A1GP drivers who were inspecting the track.

As I was walking I saw a young kid walking with his dad. He came up to me and asked in which class I was driving. well I told him I was just a racing fan making the best of my day off of work in England. He had to laugh and I asked him who he was and what he was driving. He told me he was Tristan Vautier and it was his first visit to England, together with his dad. He was going to drive the Mediaco Formula Palmer Audi car.

We walked about half the track together and I asked him a lot of questions and after walking past John Watson, Neel Jani and Adam Carroll, we had a look in the garages and then we shook hands and I wished him all the best for the 2009 season. When I came back home I checked the internet for some more information and watched some races live. I was surprised he got some very good results in his first races over there, and followed his season all year long. I also told him to chech this forum but I think that's not the thing what was on his mind when he came back to France after the Brands Hatch weekend :) !

Great story :) He seems really friendly (as many are when you meet them on track :) )

Gallie wrote:
Too bad he didn't win the championship, but after seeing him driving the penultimate race of the F2 season last year I'm hoping he will be driving the whole season this year. Maybe some of you have some more info on him and his plans for 2010?

I know he seeks sponsorship to drive in the F2 Season (he did the same as me but I searched sponsorship for F4...), I don't know if it worked for him. Btw he won the first race of the Star Mazda Championship at Sebring. Maybe he will do the full championship, I don't know.

I hope for him he will get a drive for F2 but when you don't have too much support, a "cheap" series is already very expansive (450 000 € approx)... :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

sponsorship is very hard to find these days

@Tony: are you still planning to compete in F4?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shaddix wrote:
sponsorship is very hard to find these days

@Tony: are you still planning to compete in F4?

Unfortunatly not this year ... :( I've "only" found 20 000€ and with this huge amount (for me it's huge) I could only do 1 race with that ... :o Thus I prefer staying concentrated on next year (I want a good program and not only one race...) and maybe I'll find other supports to compete in another series (a cheaper one for sure). Fingers crossed !

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

More good news, Phillip Eng is coming back.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82316

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

There was another driver confirmed yesterday...Ajith Kumar from India.

Formulatwo.com wrote:
Indian driver Ajith Kumar has become the 17th driver to confirm his place in the 2010 FIA Formula Two Championship line-up.

Kumar is a huge film star in his native country and a keen racing driver, having previously competed in both Asia and Europe. He made his racing debut in 2003, where he contesting selected rounds of the Formula BMW Asia series, and he scored a top six finish during his maiden campaign before moving to the UK in 2004 to compete in the hugely competitive British Formula 3 series. He contested ten races in the National class and scored two podium finishes.

Whilst acting has taken up the majority of Kumar's time in recent years, he feels the time is right to return to racing as the sport continues to grow in his own country.

Ajith Kumar said: "I am really excited about racing in F2. I have a great regard for Jonathan Palmer - thanks to him and his efforts Formula Two is the next best thing to F1. Coming from India with a population of 2 billion, I want to take motor racing in this country to the common man. Right now, it is still a niche sport largely popular in the urban areas. Given my profile as a film star, I hope to use my status to popularise the sport in India.

"I have the confidence of achieving some success in this year's FIA Formula Two Championship. I have already tested some other cars in Malaysia recently and am looking forward to more practice runs in the F2 car at Snetterton and Silverstone before the event kicks off. I hope my participation, along with Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaran, will create the right amount of interest in the sport in India."

F2 Series Director Jonathan Palmer said: "I am delighted to welcome Ajith to F2. To have a well known Indian film star who has demonstrated such ambition now racing in F2 is very exciting for the championship, and I really admire Ajith's determination and enthusiasm. Paul Newman demonstrated that international celebrities can be competitive in international motorsport - and late in his career. Ajith on the other hand is several years younger than both Michael Schumacher and Rubens Barrichello. The F2 team and other drivers look forward to giving maximum support to help Ajith become increasingly competitive."

* 10 races with two podium finishes - there was a maximum of seven drivers in B class. He was last of the finishers in every race including those where he was on the podium.

* Next best thing to F1...LOL

* He is 38 (39 in May) and is actually year older than Rubens. It's true that he's younger than Schumacher however.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the podium he scored was when there where only 6 cars in the national class, and 3 of them didn't finish :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The funiest thing is always Jonathan Palmer's words ... "I'm really delighted to welcome M. X in the championship. It's great to see the interest ... blablabla" :lol:

btw I hope we won't see too much rich but not talented Indian drivers yet in Motorsport ...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Johan Jokinen makes 19.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/82548

Very fast driver, should contend for the title.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

another 3 drivers will be confirmed according the F2 website
2 seats are still undecided

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

F2 looks very dismal this year, alot of very average drivers in it.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 523 Next