TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 830 Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:23 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

holy still waiting for the 06/07 money! :o wow wtf man, didn't think it was that bad. As for the car-issue hope they'll just race no-points then :/ it's been a great series to watch and it would be a shame to lose it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:35 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

a1gp.com:
Quote:
TW Steel releases A1GP watches Friday, September 26, 2008
A1GP World Cup of Motorsport’s Official Timing and Watch Partner, TW Steel, has launched an exciting new special edition range of watches to commemorate the partnership between the two companies.

With superb quality the TW Steel A1GP links back to the precision and quality associated with the series, with a chronograph movement, accurately measuring time to 1/20th of a second.
ImageImage
TW Steel Managing Director Jordy Cobelens said: “TW Steel is proud to be the ‘Official Watch and Timing partner’ of the A1GP World Cup of Motorsport for the next three years. The brand feels completely at home in this branch of sport as both watches and motorsport are all about precision. For TW Steel this new form of collaboration signifies an important step towards continued growth of this young company. This will help us achieve our objective of becoming the biggest brand in the market of oversized watches."
A1GP Chairman Tony Teixeira, commented: “The first time I saw the TW Steel products I realised their individuality was a perfect match for our series. They are new and innovate and now I have seen the one that bears our logo I am even more impressed. TW Steel has brought the right image to our series and as one of our series sponsors are making sure a new audience knows about us."

The watches will be launched at the A1GP season opener at Zandvoort, The Netherlands 4-5 October. Based on the successful TECH collection, the A1GP chronograph retains the striking ‘pillars’, a special design characteristic of the series, which form the connection between the front and the back of the casing. In addition, and exclusive to the A1GP watch, the crown and push buttons have been redesigned and are polished. The watch is also waterproof to 100 metres and the racing pedigree runs through other design features of the watch with racy buckle and soft rubber strap (in black or white) with racing tread.

The A1GP is available in three different guises, with two steel and an AA grade rose gold-plated model – the finest grade available, again highlighting A1GP’s demand for the highest quality components. Each is available with a case diameter of 45 or 48mm.

The TW Steel logo, consisting of two clearly defined dots, will appear on all timekeeping screens and on trackside signage throughout 2008/09 A1GP season.

I mean who needs Germany and cars when you can have exclusive watches?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:38 pm 
Is each watch counting down to A1's meltdown?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

JB-F1 wrote:
Is each watch counting down to A1's meltdown?

In that case. it's now 10 minutes past ten (see picture).
10.10 or 22.10?
I hope none of them, but with 10.10 there's a bit more time to come to a solution.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
A1GP World Cup of Motorsport will start Season Four next week at the A1GP Zandvoort, Netherlands event on 4/5 October with a smaller grid than anticipated.

The series has made no secret of its car build delay, and this has impacted on the number that will be on the grid at the Dutch seaside resort track.

“The situation we find ourselves in is unfortunate," said A1GP CEO, Pete da Silva. "We have a small number of teams who will not be in Zandvoort. While these teams are obviously very disappointed, they understand we have done everything possible but just ran out of time.

“I am aware of how hard our teams have been working, and are continuing to do that day and night. The fact some won’t make the grid next week will not be for lack of trying.

"We have had an awful lot of support from many areas and I particularly want to thank our suppliers, partners and sponsors who have stood by us. We have asked a lot of many of them and they have delivered. All the teams who are racing are committed to giving the fans the exciting entertainment they have come to expect from A1GP at the Zandvoort track."

The series plans to have all its nations on the grid for the second event of Season Four, A1GP Chengdu, China on 7-9 November.

A1GP Zandvoort, Netherlands will count towards the 2008/09 championship. Tickets can still be purchased online by CLICKING HERE.

Finally a statement from A1GP, they make it sound as if there will be only a couple of teams missing the first race. Wonder wich teams that will be. I suspect the lowest finishing teams from last season? As that would be the logical thing to do, making sure the top teams are ready.

cars we've seen completely build so far:
NED
NZL
MAL
AUS
RSA
MON
ITA
Test car: can be used by a nation

Last edited by cookie on Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:39 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just noticed that the owner and the CEO of A1GP have portuguese last names. Tony Teixeira is a portuguese descendent and Silva is the portuguese equivalent of Smith, so i believe he also has some portuguese descendecy.

No wonder the series is starting to get fucked up. :p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's starting to look less and less likely that A1 will make it through this season. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, Tony Teixeira is a portuguese guy who emigrated to South Africa.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:51 am 

A1 México has announced that they won't be making it to Zandvoort :x

It could've been predicted since no driver or sponsor had been announced and the only news was that Esteban Guti´rrez will be test driver...They were going to finish last, anyway :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No offense but since Mexico stopped calling Duran, they became useless putting a different and more obscure driver each race. If someone has to stay away from Zandvoort, good riddance.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:13 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gutierrez is really good, though

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:14 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mexico hosts a round though, so is a requirement for the series, no matter how shit they are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Blame Ferrari and Portugal for A1 being ****ed up!
just kidding. :p

It's a shame A1GP is having this problems, because it was by far my favourite open wheel racing series last year!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:03 am 

scotty wrote:
I always thought it would never get past season 1.

The more I I think about it, the more I think that they pushed too hard in season 1 and now they're paying the bill!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:05 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think a large problem was the number of wrecked cars they were left with after season 1.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just heard that Premiere WILL broadcast the series this year. :thumbsup: It is already on their schedule...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:44 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

The new colors of A1 Team korea:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

that looks quite nice!

but the white-car-trend from F1 seems to be comming to A1GP :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:55 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Echti wrote:
Just heard that Premiere WILL broadcast the series this year. :thumbsup: It is already on their schedule...

what series?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:56 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A1GP obviously...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 591 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 830 Next