TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found more than 1287 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:03 am 

Stroll is this generation's Pedro Diniz.

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:50 am 

Overtaking is overrated IMO. Thanks to DRS I haven't cared about overtaking for years. It's the battles that are interesting, whether or not they lead to an overtake (or collision). Thank you. This is the thing that most people fail to grasp. Overtaking in and of itself is not exciting, the battle ...

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:59 pm 

Codename, Coldtyre and Fabs are on the money here. 2005 was a fun year after what had felt like an interminably long period of Ferrari dominance. It got me back into F1 after losing interest for a while, because it felt like a breath of fresh air. But it wasn't really because of the racing. Imola wa...

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:31 am 

the twitchiness of the old cars is great to watch. the only thing you'd really need to change to get that with the current cars is to drastically reduce the wheelbase. the current wb is ridiculously long and makes the cars extremely stable (f1 may have thought it would improve following). and downfo...

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 am 

https://i.imgur.com/Xei6f4P.jpg https://i.imgur.com/e1el0JH.png https://i.imgur.com/uwD78F4.png https://i.imgur.com/qLLUYdQ.png The traditional season opener for North American sports car racing & the kick off to Speedweeks 2021 is here with the 52nd running of the Rolex 24 at Daytona Internati...

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:15 am 

Oh look, another leftist circle jerk. :8: Pretty much every website nowadays [emoji3064] Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk Totally agree, it's really super offensive and disgraceful that people might want to be considerate towards others. Humanity is on the way out when we start respecting diff...

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:37 am 

It's as if a lot of societies and groups have started moving towards more tolerance, more inclusion, and putting in question the status-quo or traditions that may result in inequalities. Truly a plague of our times that is infecting every website and every group, we can't say anything hurtful or dem...

Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:33 am 

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:07 pm 

Assuming that Carlin contract someone to complete the 3 ovals that Chilton won't do, there will be 24 full-time cars.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:55 pm 

One lap qualifying was just unfair in mixed conditions. Plus it was boring as heck, especially for people who had bought tickets. Just imagine Spa: one car goes past every 2 minutes. *Yawn*. The current qualifying system went through a proper evolution to be what it is now. There's plenty of action ...

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:55 am 

I like this commentary team SO much more than NBC's. It's nice to hear insights delivered in somewhat relaxed fashion and actually be able to distinguish between voices rather instead of Burton, Jr and Letarte trying to out-shrill eachother all race.

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:53 pm 

Allow me to beat the first of many dead horses this evening by complaining about the late start time

Also there's a couple of us on the discord

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:36 pm 

People are so outlandishly and unabashedly racist to Bubba Wallace online. Any social media comment he makes is just full of racist dipshits. It makes me sick. Didn't know where to say this but yeah, it's extremely bad.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:16 am 

Sebring hosts the 2021 season opener for Trans-Am this weekend, which also includes racing for SVRA and International GT. Both of the races will be streamed on the Trans-Am app (plus the Trans-Am social media platforms like last year I would assume). 24 cars are entered in the TA / XGT / SGT / GT ra...

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 am 

Doesn't widening and adding camber to turn 13 defeat the purpose of reprofiling 9/10? I would have thought the benefit of the longer fast sweeping section is a bigger brake zone at the next slow corner, why negate that by allowing them to carry more speed into it? This was my initial reaction too, ...

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:56 am 

So, I (and my colleague Anna) had the honor to speak with Mario Andretti on my podcast yesterday. No real scoops or anything, just a nice chat about his career.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6VHaUA ... QZ2ADMkE3Q

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:20 pm 

Edo and Alex's friends and relatives don't need to see what's happening Then they better stop broadcasting racing if every serious crash gets censored, this is a worrying trend. Cancel culture. Everything mildly shocking or offensive gets censored these days. Respectfully, this is reactionary horse...

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:42 am 

Dan Belcher wrote:
I will say this... while I really dislike the high downforce/low horsepower package, at least today's racing is pretty much as good as that package gets. I've been entertained so far.

Boy did I ever jinx things. The race after I said this turned to dogshit.

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:24 pm 

Legend is an understatement. When I think back to being a kid first getting into F1, it's Murray's voice I hear, with his unmatched passion and enthusiasm for the sport. He had such an infectious energy and excitement which has given me and millions of others so many fond memories.

RIP Murray.

Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:33 pm 

He had perhaps the most recognisable voice in broadcasting and as a personality was one of a kind. He might no longer be with us but Murray will live on in the memories of a lot of people for a long time.

RIP, Murray Walker.
Page 49 of 65 [ Search found more than 1287 matches ]