TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found more than 1437 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Grand Prix Winner #111
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:57 am 

Bit optimistic having Magnussen on there lol The way F1 is at the moment, it's simultaniously the least compettitive and the most compettitive it's ever been We've been through dominant periods before, but I don't remember so many first time winners in such a short amount of time And who knows, next...

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:34 pm 

Let us not assume the old boring/great race rules apply to this crazy 2020 season Was just thinking, it's a shame it's in an Arab country otherwise Liberty could sell this as the "Christmas GP" being as it's the closest race to the holiday season since the 60s New Zealand GPs on New Year's...

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:24 am 

I did a quick research. Of the 190 races that Perez started, he finished in the points on 117 occasions. That is a lot, considering he was never in a top team. That guy is reliable! And even more impressive considering how monopolized F1 has been in this hybrid era. his big mistake was moving to Mc...

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:22 pm 

- All commentators participating in the grid walk have to wear Santa or elf outfits. - The F1 theme is replaced with "Last Christmas" by Wham, or that Paul McCartney song with the ear-grating synthesizer I fucking loathe. - Since it's the final race of the year, post-race penalties will b...

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:23 pm 

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpgv1iN9HR8 It really makes you realize how spectacular F1 could still be if it wasn't ruled by dumbbells. The regulation changes for the past 20 years have truly been just a sequence of grave mistakes. It's not just dit...

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:51 pm 

Overtaking is overrated IMO. Thanks to DRS I haven't cared about overtaking for years. It's the battles that are interesting, whether or not they lead to an overtake (or collision). Thank you. This is the thing that most people fail to grasp. Overtaking in and of itself is not exciting, the battle ...

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:40 am 

Touching end to the C4 coverage today with Ben Edwards talking about his time as a commentator, saying goodbye and hanging up his mic From what i've read he won't be rushing to commentate anywhere from now on, maybe one off special events like Goodwood or whatnot, but he seems to be semi-retiring an...

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:18 am 

Well thing is she released that statement but has since unfollowed Mazepin on Insta and posted stuff about assault and not drinking around certain types. And if she wasn't threatened or bribed to put out her "OMG guys it was just a joke, it's all been taken out of context LOL" statement, ...

Post subject: Re: Formula 4 Championships
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:56 pm 

Looks like we've got some racing tomorrow and Friday (the traditional Arab weekend, I guess)

At least there's something to watch in these covid times....

https://www.f4uae.com/news-latest/229-the-class-of-2021

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:33 pm 

He's doing it to emulate his hero Senna, sign a race by race contract and we won't know if he's going to show up or George is going to drive until the Thursday press conference

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:06 pm 

My guess is he's insisting on a sidecar for Roscoe and Mercedes are convinced he's going loopy due to Long Covid

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:12 pm 

Oh good, I was needing to vent some anger on needless things, back to CART vs IRL it is! :whistling: :lol:

Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:21 pm 

Here's a stream without all that nonsense IMSA/RLM throw at their websites if you want to keep your adblock on: https://www.twitch.tv/stufffandmore Will be sitting on that TBK Chat discord channel on and off over the next day if anyone who doesn't go in there any more wants to chat during the race: ...

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:19 pm 

Taking away the turn 8-9 chicane makes me think of f1 97 again and how I used to cheat by taking the access road behind the chicane flat out

Maybe the organisers have the same idea

Either way, removing a chicane from a race track and increasing speeds is always a good thing

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:55 pm 

Ahhh another pre season with Alonso in a mysterious accident that might cause him to miss races.

Gives you that nostalgic feeling doesnt it?

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:50 am 

Do radios even survive crashes like that?

Aren't they just standard radio units mounted in the cars, could easily snap off wires/headphones in a big wreck

That's the excuse I'd be using anyway, someone get Zippy on the ra......oh

Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:04 am 

Why the FUCK did we spend about half of the final 2 laps on a tight shot looking back at the leader in his cockpit that showed NOTHING of what was happening in the race

Blue balls just for that

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:17 pm 

thestig88 wrote:
Been using the "new" layout since 1997 (F1 97 on PS1 that is).

Exactly, we weren't cheating, we were pioneers ;)

F1 caught up with us eventually. :whistling:

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:11 am 

"Not only is he unafraid to use the bumper, but it also resulted in a pretty cool fight"

Everything wrong with NASCAR summed up in one sentence.

Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:38 pm 

Looks like the app is the only way to watch this weekend's racing. And probably the rest of the season Oh, and it costs 10 Quid a weekend. *sigh* when will low to mid tier series learn that they have a minority fanbase and milking the few that can afford that kind of money (on top of cable/Netflix/a...
Page 56 of 72 [ Search found more than 1437 matches ]