TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:17 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 153 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: 2019 Iowa 300
Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:54 pm 

Well, Dixon is the best at saving fuel but in terms of championship I don't see how this goes beyond Newgarden & Rossi tbh. agreed, the thing with past championships is that the contenders have had ups and downs whereas Rossie and Newgarden are consistently at the pointy end Newgarden & Ros...

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:40 am 

IIRC most of the complaints on refuelling were related to drivers choosing to wait for a pit and undercut rather than pass on track. Given they're mostly doing that now with tire changes, I don't know how refueling would make that worse. I do think refueling hoses should have a degree of failure bu...

Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:41 pm 

Here's how Kubica passed Russell in T2 to eventually grab the final point. Russell braked waaaaayyyy too late :lol:

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:51 am 

Budapest is a beautiful city. The track however is terrible. I don't get why people love this place so much, but loathe the new Hockenheim. The Tilkedrome layouts are fuckin' trash. How many tracks with a mile long straight followed by yet another hairpin can you take? Because I can't take a single...

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:58 am 

I swear that is EXACTLY what NASCAR wanted the day they came up with this stupid system These finales are largely forgotten very quickly in the end. There's only one Atlanta 1992 and no artificial gimmicks will ever beat that. Once a rarity becomes common it's all down to money & propaganda nar...

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:19 pm 

YT feed: http://acesportz.usite.pro/331.html

Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:28 pm 

Indycar needs to drop this stupid "our fans like football too" stance, no I don't and I don't know anybody who does like both Motorsport and football, in a related point they also need to stop chasing after the "casual fan" who may "accidentally" tune into to the race ...

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:51 pm 

There's probably some sort of exotic material or alloy that they could build the tubs out of to withstand two or more impacts but it would obviously be cost-prohibitive to do so. When you make car stronger, you make the driver more vulnerable. Human body can not withstand everything. Freak accident...

Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:01 pm 

Bottas told to slow down to help Hamilton. Ultimate punchbag at Mercedes.

Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:37 pm 

Classic nostalgia shit. People simply forgot how awful Magny Cours was :lol: It was Catalunya-boredom level.

Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:15 am 

Liberty is appeasing the social justice BS like getting rid of the grid girls. Btw, what happened with those kids that were supposed to replace grid girls? I haven't seen them whatsoever (while Dorna keeps flashing these Monster umbrella girls left, right & center in MotoGP despite them calling ...

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:34 am 

Liberty is appeasing the social justice BS like getting rid of the grid girls. Btw, what happened with those kids that were supposed to replace grid girls? I haven't seen them whatsoever (while Dorna keeps flashing these Monster umbrella girls left, right & center in MotoGP despite them calling...

Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:52 am 

i'd say there's 2 main reasons grid girls needed to go 1 - in a sense it says that a woman's place at the race track isn't in the cars, but holding the umbrellas and looking good for the cameras. i shouldn't have to say this, but that thinking is sexist as fuck 2 - ultimately it objectifies women a...

Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:57 pm 

I can't believe we're still talking about grid girls. The presence of grid girls doesn't make the cars easier to overtake, so why is it still being discussed? A woman holding the umbrella is there doing a job, she's getting paid for it and the only things she cares about is when she gets paid and w...

Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 am 

making a good moral decision is still good, even if the decision-maker is a hypocrite. would it be better if they were morally reprehensible across the board? the good should inform the bad; the bad should not be an excuse to forgo the good sure, our society is filled with "bad faith" as ...

Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:49 pm 

With Dover losing its second Cup date I wonder if IndyCars will explore that option or are the IRL crashfest ghosts still too big? :p

Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 am 

Gaara wrote:
Caution for someone stalled on pitroad? FFS!

Hey, this series used to throw cautions for hot-dog wrappers so what do you expect? :p

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:14 am 

That statement was driven by the social trends and BLM protests. NASCAR would be blasted from all sides if they didn't do anything and try to be silent on the matter. So they are in no win situation. Sadly, the world is over-sensitive and very soft these days. The guy who reported this issue didn't ...

Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:44 am 

Pick one:

https://www.reddit.com/r/motorsportsstr ... 0s_race_1/

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:55 pm 

VSC lasted like 15 seconds. I'm starting to lose pateince with how much luck Hamilton has these days.
Page 4 of 8 [ Search found 153 matches ]