TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:22 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 224 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:07 pm 

As much as I want record speeds back, and am one of the few who think you can tell the difference between 230 and 240, I agree with Mr. Senna above. I'm sure the guys who saw uncle Bobby, Sneva, Big Al and Co. flirt with and pass 200 in all different kinds of cars thought the same thing we do when t...

Posted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:25 pm 

If the race is like this practice session, we're going to be in for something special on Sunday.

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:06 pm 

^ Bwahahahahahahaha! CNY dirt racing is a mess. The guys on the DTD forum are finally starting to listen to some us longtime Oswego faithful that SDW at Oswego is a horrible idea. But, WRG is screwed. Oh, Mike Lichty blistered the steel palace with a new track record Saturday night of 14.730 while a...

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:31 pm 

Oswego will host SDW. John Toresse's put in an application for 100 extra camping spaces for SDW. Public hearing scheduled for July 19th.

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:17 am 

ChrisTRD wrote:
I loved everything about that race.

Absolutely. Never thought I'd see the day NASCAR raced in rain that would make F1 boys run for cover.

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 am 

Garbage. Nowhere most of the year and absolutely backs into the Championship on a day where he was never really in contention.

I respect the talent, both Johnson and Knaus, but this one is a joke.

Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:16 am 

Holy shit. TV ratings for this race were down 25% compared to last season. One of the excuses is that last year's #s were inflated because the race ran long and spilled into Sunday Night Football pregame....but the same thing happened this year. Yep, that "game 7" atmosphere is really pay...

Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:37 pm 

I'm liking the direction the IMSA P2 category is going in.

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:49 pm 

Personally, I'd like to see them finish the season where they start. I think a 400 mile endurance race on the full Daytona Road Course would fit the bill nicely.

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 am 

What the fuck is this? Is this TBK? NASCAR rolls out the dumbest change ever (yes, even dumber than the Chase that I despise) and everyone is seriously just like, "eh, not as bad as it could have been." Are you all mad? They have quite literally destroyed everything that made NASCAR the po...

Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:00 pm 

It's all because Dale Jr can't close the deal at the end of races and NASCAR so desperately wants him to win a Championship before he retires at the end of this year...

I'll take my tinfoil hat off now.

Post subject: Re: Speedweeks 2017
Posted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:57 pm 

Impressive... 2017 Speedweeks thread has more discussion of a drunk slamming into a bike race than it does racing at Daytona... At this point anyway.

Quite apt given the general state of lethargy surrounding the 2017 Monsters Ball Power Team Energy Geico Insurance Safety Clean 2 Girls 1 Cup Series.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:05 am 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/long-in-victory-lane-nascar-hits-the-skids-1487686349 (Site's paywalled, so I'll repost the entire article in a spoiler. If the mods decide that this isn't okay, they're free to remove it.) Nascar threw a bash at Kansas Speedway in October to thank Sprint Corp. for bein...

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 pm 

i agree that nascar is currently being mismanaged. cutting downforce last year was the first positive change i'd seen in over a decade. however, to say nascar would still be thriving if put back to "normal" would be to ignore that our culture has largely changed. even the stick and ball s...

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:38 am 

Someone throws a late block like Chase on the last lap and aren't cut the same slack Harvick gave they're going to need all the rollbacks in central Florida.

Post subject: Re: Cup/Xfinity @ Las Vegas
Posted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:35 pm 

lkuyh9wihEU The first 15 seconds or so should do for comparison. Rusty could've kept Jeff pinned down and run him right into Ricky Rudd, but allowed him room to get back in line, which fucked no one but himself in the end. Logano did the same thing Rusty did but didn't let Kyle back down. Logano's ...

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:15 am 

If all this artificial bullshit saved the series than why are the crowds down from 15 years ago? I'm not saying that if we had mid 90's rules that the stands would be over flowing but something is still very wrong. We have 4 World Champions on the grid, live coverage of everything, still some decent...

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:46 pm 

Should've hung it up last year. Be a team owner, guest commentator or some other top slot in the Corporation. Spend time with his wife, make some little, little Dale's and just enjoy life. There's nothing left for him to prove. Never going to win a title, 2 Daytona 500's, All-Start Race, a legion of...

Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:48 pm 

I had this whole post typed out but it doesn't matter. I truly believe the playoffs and the dismal racing are the two things that are the biggest problems that need to be sorted out. I also think that both of those are a hindrance to building the kind stars we grew up on. It's like, it's too random ...

Post subject: Re: Cup/Trucks @ Kansas
Posted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:33 am 

Impact of the car coming down. The vertical impact transfered through the chassis into the drivers seat. I bet lower back injury.
Page 6 of 12 [ Search found 224 matches ]