TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 220 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: 101st Indianapolis 500
Posted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:13 pm 

Radar shows tstorms to the north but west is looking ok for right now.

Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:26 pm 

The hottest topic in every single series of racing I follow is cost. It's just gotten so far out of hand across the board and Indycar is no different. Do I want the good ole days back of 4 chassis and 5 engines and big salaries paid by those suppliers? Sure. There's just one problem... No manufactur...

Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:15 am 

There were a lot of warnings before that though, particularly the spate of deaths in the late-90s like Irwin, Petty, etc that NASCAR chose to ignore and kept allowing drivers to run without HANS or even a full-face helmet like in Earnhardt's case. Just like with Senna, took a big name's death to fi...

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm 

So we had what, 11 or 12 pages before the Grid Girl ban, over at least a month... Now we've had 5 pages of bitching, with sparse commentary on the start time change, in a little over 2 days...

No point to this remark other that for some odd reason, I find it amusing.

Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:18 pm 

https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/wec-pushing-for-imsa-to-adopt-next-gen-lmp1-rules-1004705/ This isn't really news exactly since this has been talked about. We'll have to see what the P1 rules shake out to be but hybrid technology and building your own cars are not something the DPi teams are g...

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:37 pm 

FloRacing to broadcast 20 Super DIRTcar Series Big Block Modified races, including Super DIRT Week & the BBM portion of World Finals http://superdirtcarseries.com/news/186-latest-news/1335-flosports-expands-racing-coverage-with-super-dirtcar-series-on-floracing Cool. Maybe this will make DirtCA...

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:40 pm 

It's not all that windy down there... I wonder if that tent had some help over the barrier in the form of alcohol fueled revelers.

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:10 pm 

Go back to the package they ran in the Fall 2000 Talladega race. Wicker, roof fin, bigger plate.

Cars are just too unstable to do anything without spinning out.

Post subject: Re: 102nd Indianapolis 500
Posted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:15 pm 

During practice in the cool temps the cars could hang with each other much better in the corners and set up the runs down the straights. When it got hot and the guys had to peddle the cars through the corners, handling became so much more of a premium and the field spread out. Those first couple lap...

Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:17 pm 

The SDS Fonda race "The Jack" along with the big Pro Stock class race "The Hondo Classic" were rescheduled for August 13th.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:08 am 

LucasWheldon wrote:
needs more road courses

Of course they do. Watching these over powered over weight pigs flounder around a good road course is always a recipe for good racing.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:20 am 

Gotta want to stop first. This is his second go with DUI and I see that the stakes are raised with some righteous Oxy's. Copious booze coupled with lines of opiates is usually a good concoction to hit bottom. I agree that if NASCAR doesn't follow it's own policy with him then they truly are lost. O...

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:32 pm 

Gaara wrote:
American cops are way too trigger happy.

Agree with you there.

@
racer612008
- Where do you find the time to put all these updates together? I have great gratitude for your efforts. Thank you!

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:38 pm 

Juncos racing adds a Caddy DPi to the stable in 2019... https://racer.com/2018/08/15/juncos-racing-to-join-cadillac-dpi-ranks-in-imsa/ The C8.R with it's artists rendered paint... Sort of... https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/38867350_2570057289886816_551769444880220160_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&am...

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:56 am 

You expect different from Michael? Hah. Typing this from a diner in Newburgh NY. Left at lap 175 since the finish was not in doubt. Aero package is out of whack, although this is to be expected with less downforce. The dirty air is a surprise since we undertray generates more downforce than the top ...

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:55 pm 

If this crash had happened in the IRL era Dallara's he'd have cleared the catch fence. His car ran over Hunter-Reay nose and got maybe 2 feet into the air before hammering the wall. It did not try to take off. It was a higher speed version of the Lazier/St. James crash above. They had an issue with ...

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:46 pm 

Want to make a small fortune in racing? Start with a large one...

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:48 pm 

From that shot the damn thing does look like a jet fighter with wheels.

Post subject: Re: W Series Discussion
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:24 pm 

Since we'll never get TV coverage of this in the US I won't have to worry about watching it. I probably wouldn't anyway. Not that it's a series of women, but it'll probably be a series full of drivel. Personally, I love seeing the women drivers take it to the men, which is why the IMSA GTD class has...

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:58 pm 

"These cars are just so bad in dirty air." Good job NASCAR. Wasn't that what you were trying to fix? Good gravy. Get rid of the splitter, go back to a valence, cut that spoiler back down to something reasonable and throw out the tapered spacer. Getting rid of that splitter would solve half...
Page 7 of 11 [ Search found 220 matches ]