TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 220 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:18 pm 

That's the way the cookie crumbles at Indy. It sucks, but racing's a business and you're not there to make friends. Firing Anderson is a bit much. I don't really agree with that. RHR put it best in his interview, Andretti Autosports's problems started long before they unloaded the cars at Indy. The ...

Post subject: Re: The Glen | Fucking epic
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 pm 

Boris' comments aside, this appeared to be a great race. Too bad I forgot to tape it. However, I've seen enough to comment on the one thing pissing me off to no end right now... SAFER barrier. If I have to hear one more of these asshat media guys or pussy assed drivers say this track is too dangerou...

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:18 pm 

There is a very real fear within the NASCAR world that if Indycar ever got their shit together they could once again give NASCAR a real run for it's money. Only the split gave NASCAR the rapid rise to prominence it has enjoyed over the last 15 years. NASCAR's popularity has waned as of late, unfortu...

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:41 pm 

I think I've finally figured out what's been bothering me about this crash the most. The shear, unadulterated, brutal violence of it. We've all seen horrifying crashes, but none of us have ever seen anything like what we saw on Sunday. That's the part I can't get over. We'll get past Dan's death and...

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm 

A few comments on this whole painful and disturbing event. In no particular order because I still am having a hard time getting my thoughts straight. I do not know why, but this accident and subsequent tragedy has produced more of an effect than prior accidents. First of all, RIP Dan. You were perha...

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:04 pm 

Damn fools. Why did they get rid of the grass...

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:28 pm 

More Old Parts And Rust.

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm 

Live at 2:30ET on SPEED.

Posted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm 

All of this "he was going too fast through the safety zone" and "this race sucked" blah blah blah is complete nonsense. Half of this thread is populated with posts from people who either don't remember or have never seen a plate race from 15 years ago. Through much of NASCAR's ow...

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:35 pm 

Segment 1: 30 Laps / Full Inversion
Segment 2: 30 Laps
Segment 3: 10 Green Flag laps (No caution laps count)

The 92-97 format is all that's really required.

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:15 pm 

Scotty wrote:
He led the race only because he was the last to pit for the final time. Remember Danica lead for a short while? Circumstance got him to the front, not outright speed.

More often than not, circumstance decides the winner at Indy, not outright speed.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm 

Make it a dirt track (a real one, not what they did back in the late 90's.) All problems solved.

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:35 pm 

sad to hear, always enjoyed his commentary since his "comeback" in 09... wonder who could replace him... Paul Page ? One can dream, right? Only if Bobby Unser comes with him so he can correct the 9000000004 mistakes Paul made each broadcast. They might bump Marty Snyder up to the top slot...

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 3:05 pm 

Indycar has never been good at accepting any form of dictatorship. The teams, especially Penske, just want a puppet they can manipulate for their own gain.

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:36 pm 

It's obviously not going to be like a plate race, but I can see a lot of close drafting whilst the tyres are fresh. Probably spread out as the tyres go off. Or I'll be completely wrong and it'll be a usual dull race, just at much higher speeds. :p Whatever the outcome, it's the first time I've been...

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:35 pm 

I read that as, "I hope this race sucks cock so NASCAR will see the error of it's ways and return the race to IRP."

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:28 pm 

Bias ply tires. Problems solved.

Post subject: Re: ARCA, NNS, Cup @ Kansas
Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm 

Question... Assuming everything was the same (crashes and concussions), if Jr. was 2nd in the points do you still think he'd have sat down for 2 races?

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:58 pm 

The racing will go on, but with that kind of leadership, I predict it will get worse before it gets better. I predict it won't get better... Period. There are WAY too many cooks in the kitchen. The only way to fix it, is to start from scratch, which they can't do as long as the IMS board is in plac...

Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:30 pm 

All that article proves is the overall problem with Indycar. A CEO answers solely to the Boad of Directors. Having Randy have to deal directly with the teams was complete folly. That's what the Competition Director, Race Director, Marketing, etc. are for. Those company officers submit reports to bot...
Page 1 of 11 [ Search found 220 matches ]