TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 220 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:17 pm 

Nice! Congrats zippy!

For some reason this news feels like it pulls the forum together. I know we have a bunch of real racers here, but this is cool to see someone moving up the ladder right before our eyes. Best of luck!

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:04 pm 

Talk about Monaco getting butchered... Look North to what happened to the once great Hockenheim. That's what butchered looks like. I'd just as soon see the German GP always held at Nurburgring. You can call me old, out of touch, rose tinted glasses, whatever, but what they did to Hockenheim is a tra...

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:07 am 

Racefan4ever wrote:
I thought Byrnes was a dead man walking?

I assume you mean that from the view of the Fox house cleaning. Otherwise, that's pretty poor taste.

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:05 am 

Edit: Road course is used for various driving schools.

Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:07 am 

StefMeister wrote:
Maldonado's crash today was caused by a car problem:
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/03/01/m ... ash-lotus/

The problem with the car was it's driver.

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:45 pm 

It's all irrelevant anyways. V8SC will be the best action of the weekend.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:08 pm 

I don't want to watch a sport where I know who the winning constructor will be 98% of the time. I direct you to 1988, 2002 and 2004. 1992, 1993, 1995 and 2011 get honorable mention. This kind of domination is nothing new. No shit it's nothing new. It's something you don't want repeated. I agree, an...

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:29 pm 

That's not much of a solution up through Eau Rouge. It'd be better than those launch pad kerbs, but a sideways car coming over the crest that hits the gravel still has a higher chance of going for a flight than if it was just pavement. Truth be told, grass might be the best answer. The pavement hasn...

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:04 pm 

This sport survived and thrived just fine for 60 odd years before they started fucking with the cars to improve the show. Simplicity is what is needed. Throw out all this hybrid horseshit and get back to the business of Formula 1. Brave drivers racing fast cars at ridiculous speeds. The rules, and i...

Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:59 am 

The dreams of all the P2 teams.

Post subject: Re: VLN 2015
Posted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:36 pm 

That fence could stop a car if it was right up close to the barrier. With how far back the fence is it gave the car room to pole vault once it dug into the grass after hitting the tire barrier. If those fences were built right that car would never have cleared it.

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:57 am 

Don't know if this will work or not, but what about removing the wing (or cutting it way down) on the back of the cars? I understand it's the fronts getting light over the hills, but with the big wing pushing the rear downward when the front gets light the rear is only making the situation worse. Si...

Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:47 am 

As someone who's never understood the Vettel hatred, I am quite pleased today.

Nothing against Ferrari as they clearly have worked their asses off to make this car good but maybe, just maybe, this kid is that good.

Posted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:58 pm 

Look at that again. That car was allowed to pole vault the debris fence because of the grass burm behind the barrier and in front of the fencing. If that fencing was up against the barrier (like basically all the fences are in the U.S.) it would have stopped that car. The catch fences here can stop ...

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:42 pm 

I don't understand, why people are having such an issue with this? Because it's NASCAR and the fans have to bitch about something. Be mad at the Chase, the racing, the idiots in charge, the officiating, the announcers, the broadcast companies, the tracks, the asphalt for not being new, the asphalt ...

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:49 pm 

Remember Oswego opens up this Saturday night with 50 laps of Big Block Supers, 35 laps for the Small Blocks and a 75 lap ROC Modified race.

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:59 am 

Wow. I am actually shocked at the remarks about the finish. I thought the race was actually pretty decent. Had an old school feel to it. Everyone complaining about the good ole days might want to take a look at the plate races in the early 90's. It wasn't too often that the guy leading got passed as...

Posted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:21 pm 

The goddamn beloved Reynard 20 years ago would've done the same damn thing. Bobby Rahal will tell you that from first hand experience. Take the entire right hand side of a car off and then slide it sideways... I'd be surprised if it didn't go over under those circumstances.

Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:26 pm 

So this is the depth the NASCAR discussion has fallen to? I guess we can only bitch and whine about the shitty aero package just so much before even that's gets boring...

Post subject: Re: 2015 IndyCar season
Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:54 pm 

In other news..... http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/28/eddie-gossage-indycar-texas-motor-speedway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Fuck Gossage. Don't go to Texas... Or finally give COTA the date they've been asking for. Go back to Michigan with another 500 miler. That wo...
Page 4 of 11 [ Search found 220 matches ]