TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 220 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:56 pm 

I don't even understand the casual fan reference arguments. Think about it. Causal fans aren't going to follow all this bullshit. So, what's easier for them to understand? 1) All this new bullshit that is just convoluted and complicated. OR 2) Guy with the most points at the end of the 36 race sched...

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:15 pm 

Bob, Benny and Ned were the best as far as TV, period. The MRN calls are always better than the TV calls because they have to try to make it seem like the audience listening is right there with them trackside. That just won't come through on TV because you can see what's actually happening. A lot of...

Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:07 pm 

aerogi wrote:
Mika Kimi wrote:

Oh yeah! :thumbsup:

it's amazing how the spectators (apart from two look-a-likes) are watching the upcoming field or so instead of looking at this beautiful slide...

Never turn your back to the oncoming cars.

Posted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:28 pm 

How in the fuck has it come to this?

Fuck this shit... I'm going back to playing the Cup90 Mod for NR2003.

Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:35 pm 

So, the lack of ear splitting noise from the new engines is a problem for F1 which could lead to reduced attendance and less global appeal, thus tarnishing the reputation of F1 as the pinnacle of motorsport...

Really? :slaphead:

Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 pm 

The part of me that remembers when NASCAR was a real sport wants them to just run the set laps and finish it under yellow if they need to. But the rest of me thinks since they've fucked it up this much in the name of entertainment, they might as well just do infinity GWCs. Anyone seriously thinking...

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:06 pm 

Personally, I would just as soon see the GWC go away and replaced with in the last 10 laps, if the yellow comes out, it's race back to the line. That way the race is over at the advertised distance and the winner isn't determined by a scoring line in the middle of T2.

Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:29 am 

Miller's crash from the Continental Race. Forgive me if it was posted elsewhere.

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:31 pm 

zippy wrote:
I guess I'll be racing at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend for the first time, on the 1/4 mile.

Nice! Good luck and safe travels to and from.

Posted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:02 pm 

So many good cars. Really hope the race isn't a letdown, because it's looking to be a great one. Really think we're in for a good one. Also, while I understand it, it if frustruating to see the "Trustfund" statements about Carpenter. He has won a 500 miler before on merit, owns his own te...

Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:38 pm 

Yeah you don't just rock up and beat Audi. That was a proper race. Agree 100%. Seemed like it was race no one wanted to win. After the Toyota broke it seemed as if everyone who took the lead that looked like they might be able to consolidate position broke something. The win was in doubt until the ...

Post subject: Re: 2014 Pocono 500
Posted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:26 pm 

Woohoo! Loved this race last year. Was my first Indycar race live since the good ole days of CART at Nazreth. Was the wife's first Indycar race ever!

Be there again Sunday with my Mom, Dad and wife. Top row, 3 sections to the left of S/F if looking from the stands to the pits. C'mon Montoya!

Posted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:17 pm 

In good ole American style, Tony is now the victim of the same mechanism that helped to build his celebrity. Nothing we (I speak in the general American sense and not for myself indivually) like more than to build someone up to see them fall. This was an accident. Pure and simple. I said harsh words...

Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:27 pm 

I believe all the states have their own form of Grand Jury. As is the case here, State Law is not universal and the specifics of each state Jury process may be and most certainly are different. But yes, they all have some form of it. The Fedeal Government also has Federal Grand Juries to be used in ...

Post subject: Re: 2015 IndyCar season
Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:45 pm 

15 years ago today. :flag:

Post subject: Re: 2015 IndyCar season
Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:25 pm 

In all my years of watching racing, I have seen exactly 1 replay of that crash on TV and that was on RPM2Night that Sunday. No replays in the race, no replays on any other news outlet, no replays on TV since then.

Will never forget that one.

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:38 pm 

Agree, but did anyone think that sort of thing wouldn't have happened? Just, Fuck Nascar. All of it. Teams, drivers, owners, series, tracks, fans that don't know better (and that includes us since we watch this bullshit instead of mowing the lawn, reading a book or just sitting on the couch staring ...

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:15 pm 

Chris A wrote:
Well it's a fine line on what decision should be made, but a member of Congress sure has no say in it. Congress has its own shit to do anyway (should they ever decide to start working again).

They haven't worked in my lifetime, why start now?

Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:55 pm 

Saw the last 20 laps. Good hard racing.

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:59 pm 

Brian France specifically said that this format is designed to get the Game 7 atmosphere... Only problem is he forgot that an awful lot of 7 game series never make it 7 games. The whole reason Game 7's are special is because they don't happen all the time. If it happens every year then it doesn't me...
Page 3 of 11 [ Search found 220 matches ]