TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 189 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:51 am 

I hope against hope it happens at the Brickyard. Fuck that race.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:04 am 

How does Vettel win driver of the day?? Championship leader, misses braking point and drives straight into the side of another car in first corner...klutz of the day more like.

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:16 pm 

An amazing win by Hamilton considering he was driving with four rats strapped to his head.

Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:41 am 

Bottas really highlighted here why he was signed again. He's simply not talented to do more than ride Hamilton's coat tails so here's a new contract, man the machine gun while you're riding said coat tails. He sucks. Like Philthy82 said, and at this level especially, you're expected to know what you...

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:00 pm 

I understand the complaints about the sameness of the "different" cars but if they all truly had their own shape, the performance imbalances would surely be massive. Yea, this is an issue mainly for NASCAR as it's the only series in the world where 90% of the schedule is made of very high...

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:35 pm 

LucasWheldon wrote:
Ferrari needs to drop inifinite money on Hamilton to get him to drive red and defeat the evil

Or offer the seat to Alonso for nothing and almost get the same result.

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 am 

If I understand it correctly, cutting the dogleg wont be an advantage on restarts because the s/f line is right before the kink. Right, but it could be useful to do on the run toward the new turn 1. Coming to the checkers it won't matter. the "no passing on the left until the start/finish line...

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:19 am 

Except for the separation between Gen 2 and 3, and Gen 4 and 5, the rest are all arbitrary. They just picked a random point to mark the start of all the other ones. For example, it's hardly true that the cars were 'strictly stock' until 1966.

Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:15 am 

this is exactly the kind of racing that allowed jj to win so many cups. watch him have a resurgence this yr Quite the opposite. JJ was at his best when the cars struggled for grip with lots of power and much less downforce. Just google some of his Busch/Xfinity starts and you'll see how well he doe...

Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:59 am 

Indycar will never again come up the way NASCAR came up against it in the 90s. NASCAR's only instituted a crappy package. IRL was a whole breakaway series with half the drivers in CCWS and other half in IRL. Plus, Indy 500 got diluted. I honestly don't believe the majority of the audience cares that...

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:08 am 

Why does NASCAR still have a hard-on for the splitter anyway? Even commentators and drivers have been saying for a while it needs to go. This has been grawing at me ever since it was introduced. It does no good whatsoever. It's finicky to setup and race with in dirty air, and incapacitates the race...

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:07 am 

They need a package that makes the car visibly wobble about a bit, like they did until 2003 or 2004. This planted on the ground stance has to go before the racing will improve. Even the drivers like Brad and commentators like Phil Parsons are saying all the time to get rid of the splitter, let the c...

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:54 pm 

They need a package that makes the car visibly wobble about a bit, like they did until 2003 or 2004. This planted on the ground stance has to go before the racing will improve. Even the drivers like Brad and commentators like Phil Parsons are saying all the time to get rid of the splitter, let the ...

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:57 am 

Juihi wrote:
They could have shown V8 Supercars as well assuming they used the same layout

V8s used one of the shorter layouts.

Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:52 pm 

I love the smartasses that point out cars who started in the back and made their way ahead. But the point these NASCAR media shills are missing (either purposely or they're just as dumb as the people working in their R&D department) is that Kyle is saying that you have to have a HUGE advantage o...

Posted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:05 pm 

Looks like Hamilton is sick of Hamilton winning too.

Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:50 am 

The drivers just need to have more respect for each other on these tracks. Think twice before making a move like Wicken's or Sato's. This is not some street course where you'll just gently thump the tyre wall after your kamikaze move backfires. In the old days, even tough bravehearts like Foyt would...

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:58 am 

I know it sucks to go out feeling like you still have to prove yourself all over again but he needs to retire before his legacy gets even worse still. It's just embarassing if you think how bad he has been for the past few years, especially given he was supposed to be Ferrari's 'lead' driver who wou...

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:02 am 

God these NBC commentators are so fucking loud. Burton and Jr screech like chimps in a cage all the time. Yelling =/= Excitement

Posted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:30 am 

They need to go cold turkey with their aero addiction and get rid of the splitter and skirts and go back to soft springs with 8" ride height etc. I've been watching some old races on YouTube and yeah the cars may be slower, but they look so much more spectacular than these shitboxes glued to t...
Page 8 of 10 [ Search found 189 matches ]