It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 202 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 pm 

If Danica fails to qualify...

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 am 

Remember the days where drivers didn't get penalties for trying to overtake?

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:45 pm 

Yay, it's that time of year again!

Sorry, I know it's very poor. :p

Might go up to the track on the Saturday and then enjoy the mature intellectual discussions here on the Sunday.

Post subject: Re: 2011 GP2 Season
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:25 pm 

Another angle.

Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:33 pm 

Does Glee make anyone else want to punch the TV?

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 pm 

Yeah. You can criticise the style of racing, the fencing, the Dallara's habit of flying all you like. But the truth is that when you're about to fly or hit something at 200mph, being in that Dallara cockpit is probably one of the best places you can be. I don't think any of the 14 others have even b...

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 pm 

Thompson please.

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:50 pm 

To be fair, I'd rather the rain came after the start, so we actually get a proper start.

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:08 pm 

And another point I'm going to make that people won't like is - not a single person here gives a fuck where the races are. We just care about the tracks being any good. We don't mind Singapore, or even Turkey (arguably European, but whatever), but yet we bitch constantly about Valencia, and Barcelo...

Posted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:57 am 

Build a track with challenging corners, narrower straights, elevation changes and shorter run offs. Stop banning corner designs like Eau Rouge. Ban super long straights into hairpins instead. Give more consideration to the circuit layout rather than the pit buildings and architecture. Place this cra...

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:21 am 

Beezle wrote:
If it's a racecar the best camouflage would be all grey tarmac texture.

But you'd never spot it at a Tilke circuit.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:50 pm 

I'll be away in a remote corner of Scotland without any ITV4 luxuries. I guess my input in these threads will be irrelevant without any Alice this season :p

But yeah, go anyone but Plato!

I'll miss your posts, codename, if that's any consolation. :p

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:31 pm 

I don't see anyone in the F1 threads campaigning to have cars somersaulting through the air on fire. Maybe, like me, they'd rather see smaller run off areas, and a chance to get beached in the gravel after a spin, but I fail to see how that compares in any way at all. I don't want to judge the new c...

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm 

The speeds are still pretty slow. I hope that the cars might become more twitchy when they get the extra boost and trim things out a little bit. I really hope Marco is over exaggerating the tightness of the car in traffic, or else the oval racing could be NASCAR 2012 levels of boredom. :( Also, is i...

Posted: Fri May 18, 2012 3:38 pm 

amq55 wrote:
No DRS in the tunnel again.

Lame.

Just let them go for it. If they don't think the car will stick, don't use it.

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:34 pm 

I do actually agree with Codename, although I confess to enjoying the racing they had in the early 2000's. It was pretty much racing in a pack, but with the ability to draft up to the car ahead and actually overtake. The driver seemed to have more of an input. Sadly it reached a point where they wan...

Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:17 am 

Didn't end up putting it in my list, but I loved the A2 Arrows for some reason.

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:17 pm 

To be honest, the nicest people I've met on my travels are the Portugese, and the Scottish Islanders (I'm guessing Glasgow would be somewhat different :p ). I apologise on behalf of the English, for the number of cretins we've produced.

Anyway, Le Mans! What have I missed so far?

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:47 am 

It's a shame Hungary has been given the tarmac treatment everywhere, because it used to be a challenging little track with not a lot of room for error.

On the subject of great battles, this is one of my favourites. I know it's not Hungary, but meh. :p

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:01 pm 

For those who missed it.
Page 1 of 11 [ Search found 202 matches ]