TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 202 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:22 am 

No surprises there, other than they made it that far.

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:20 pm 

gkmotorsport wrote:
Out of interest, does anyone know who was involved in the crash at 0:46 in that video?

I think it was De Ferran and Salles at Long Beach. 1997 or 98ish.

Posted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 pm 

The first chicane really doesn't need to be there though. Just spreads them out on the back straight.

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:05 pm 

I'd agree with the point about the current circuits. There's little chance of a mistake coming to anything. In fact, we see drivers gaining time by missing the corners. We have lap times disallowed because of track limits. In the past, going off the track would cost you time or even end your race. I...

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm 

coldtyre wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
Hmm, that time Alonso did seem to chop back across the straight.

You mean, exactly like Vettel did to Perez when passing him in Canada?

Ya, didn't like that either. :p

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:18 pm 

I don't understand NASCAR logic. It's like they realised the Gen 6 was crap last year (despite all the OMG LOOK AT OUR LEAD PASSES STATS!!!), so they held tests with the aim of improving the on track racing. At the end of it all, I think they added extra downforce and lowered the cars. Racing sucks ...

Posted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:57 am 

The thing is, it isn't just one corner. It's one of the few like it that we had left. The shot of the cars coming off the Parabolica at high speed with their wheels right against the edge has now been lost, and that blows. As I said before, would you accept the engines being limited to 150mph for th...

Posted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:02 pm 

So it took Johnson 10 laps to overtake Landon Cassill. Then when he stayed out, cars on fresh tyres couldn't get near to him.

Still want to increase downforce?

Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:11 am 

I completely agree with Philthy and coldtyre. I fail to see how it is anyone but Rosberg's fault. He has to at least be half way alongside to have any claim to the left hand part of the corner. I don't think any single driver in Lewis' position would have driven any differently. Yes, Lewis' attitude...

Posted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:33 pm 

The only similarity is that the marshalls needed to be on the track. I still believe Hockenheim should have been a safety car because it looked very risky when the marshalls ran across the track (one of them stopped on the outside of the corner because he didn't feel he had enough time to cross). I ...

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:35 pm 

Replace Porsches with more Junior races!

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:32 pm 

The main thing is they could get close to each other and not have the handling go to hell in the old days (by old, I mean until the last decade before the fucking front ends started being glued to the ground all the way around the track all the time). Heck, you got behind another car back then, the...

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:33 am 

Looks fine = another 5 laps

Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:55 pm 

Q - Should the SC have been out earlier? A - Perhaps, but does that automatically mean the accident would not have happened? Maybe but the risk would have still been at that corner as all drivers would have still been keeping speed as they each needed to catch the SC and keep temperature in the tyr...

Posted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:27 pm 

My ideal scenario is that all four of them are wiped out in an accident. All four cars look to be out of the race, until Newman's team get him back on track with one lap to go and he comes around to a fantastic 40th place finish and the championship.

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:06 pm 

I enjoyed F1 last season but I have the same opinion as you with DRS. I thought it was originally a temporary measure until they came up with cars that could follow each other closely in the corners, but now we seem to be stuck with it. I know they announced ground effect cars a few years ago, but t...

Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 pm 

That only happened because NASCAR threw a fake caution to bunch them together in the first place. Way to go :thumbsup:

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 pm 

An update, although nothing has really changed.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/bianc ... ll-wake-up

Post subject: Re: The Omega 2015 F1 game
Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:46 am 

1 - Australia - Will Stevens 2 - Malaysia - Nico Rosberg 3 - Bahrain - Lewis Hamilton 4 - China - Felipe Massa 5 - Spain - Daniel Ricciardo 6 - Monaco - Manor driver 2 7 - Canada - Felipe Nasr 8 - Austria - Valtteri Bottas 9 - Britain - Daniil Kyvat 10 - Germany - Max Verstappen 11 - Hungary - Carlo...

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:41 am 

Drugging Kimi's ice cream supply to get his old seat back. Calling it.
Page 4 of 11 [ Search found 202 matches ]