TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:59 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 203 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:10 pm 

Even using existing layouts, there aren't many possibilities. This would probably be my favourite, but the run off is an issue for the first hairpin. It's quite funny that they designed a new circuit from scratch and didn't actually consider the run off for that layout. https://i.imgur.com/jMaQd4E.j...

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:55 pm 

Even the overtakes are terrible.

The only thing worse than this track, is the fact that they chose it for the season finale. What an anticlimax.

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:25 am 

I would have rather had Mugello, but happy to see Imola return. I know it was difficult to overtake on. There were some great moves though, and I love the narrow old school feel. More chance of driver errors, Safety Cars, and a bit of a mix up. Plus the scenery around it is nice, which does make a d...

Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:01 am 

I'm surprised by all the criticism of the Saudi layout. We bitch and moan about every new circuit being mile long straights leading into hairpins. Instead, this looks full of super fast sweepers (think Suzuka, or Maggotts/Becketts). All it's missing is some elevation. Definitely some question marks ...

Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:08 pm 

I don't disagree with everything Davidson says in his analysis, but he is missing one point. He says that Bottas was taking a natural line, which is fair enough when you are running by yourself. But if he was using his mirrors, he surely would have seen Russell coming with a massive run and picked a...

Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 5:26 pm 

I think qualifying will be exciting. It's such a short lap, so I don't think that Ferrari and McLaren will be more than a few tenths behind Mercedes or Red Bull. If Norris or LeClerc can pull out a perfect qualifying lap, they could be right up there. Neither of them would have the race pace, but wi...

Posted: Tue May 25, 2021 3:30 pm 

I'm not a huge Lewis fan (I appreciate how brilliant he is, but am pretty tired of seeing him win all the time). Yes, he could have qualified a lot better and not been stuck behind Gasly in the first place, but any driver would surely be questioning the team if the strategy was poor and cost them pl...

Post subject: Re: 105th Indianapolis 500
Posted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:08 pm 

Dixon is behind Helio and Palou, so we have a race!

Post subject: Re: 105th Indianapolis 500
Posted: Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 pm 

This is the best damn race in the world.

Posted: Mon May 31, 2021 6:23 pm 

I love this track but always feel that it has the potential for a monster accident, or just lots of Safety Cars and stupidity (See the F2 races). Hopefully we get an eventful and safe race.

Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2021 3:39 pm 

I enjoyed the race, even during the quieter bits (lead changes, a good battle for 2nd, Vettel having a good run)... Maybe it's because of the awesome podium as well. It will be interesting to see what the tire issue was. It could just be bad luck and debris. I don't think it's fair to throw Pirelli ...

Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:12 pm 

Not a good place to create all that smoke.

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:33 pm 

I think that's the thing that frustrated me the most. In his post race celebration, Lewis gave no thought to Max's condition, or not wanting to win a race in that way. In fact, he still thinks he's the innocent party.

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:46 pm 

Hunt was proven wrong a few years later. Proper hard racing with respect on corner exit.

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:36 pm 

There's no question that Lewis gets alongside, but he was always going to have to brake harder because he was taking such a tight line into the corner, whereas Max swings back onto the racing line so that he can carry more speed through the corner. Even if Max left an extra car's width, I still don'...

Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:51 pm 

Alonso's defending was absolutely brilliant and so intelligent. There was one moment where he went slightly deep into the first corner, but managed to make the apex and absolutely park it there so Lewis couldn't cut underneath him. The positioning on turn two as well... He never ran Lewis off the ro...

Posted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:44 pm 

It's a fun looking layout. I couldn't believe how bumpy the bridge section looked from the onboards.

Like Baku, it has the potential for a fun, crazy race. Also the potential for a monumental airborne crash, but hopefully we'll avoid that.

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:27 pm 

Great stat just mentioned on 5Live - Kimi has taken part in a 3rd of all grand prix that have ever taken place in F1 history what's the percentage between Kimi, Patrese & Graham Hill Patrese has 256 starts (24.42%) Hill has 176 (16.79%) Kimi will be 342 if he starts this Sunday (I think... - 32...

Posted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:28 pm 

Hoping that Red Bull haven't shown their true potential yet, but unfortunately Mercedes seem to have had the stronger car for the last few races. Max is only in contention because he's driving at 100% (and sometimes more).

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:26 pm 

Yeah. The Aston looks great, but my only criticism would also be the length of the cars.
Page 9 of 11 [ Search found 203 matches ]