TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 108 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:12 am 

here is a good comprehensive article on some of the perceived negatives from bernie's tenure and how the new owners plan to change them

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/38679158

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:10 am 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/long-in-victory-lane-nascar-hits-the-skids-1487686349 (Site's paywalled, so I'll repost the entire article in a spoiler. If the mods decide that this isn't okay, they're free to remove it.) Nascar threw a bash at Kansas Speedway in October to thank Sprint Corp. for bein...

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:46 pm 

Regarding the wheel base comments: is it actually longer than the years before? It seems to me that it's more a case of optical illusion due to how the tyres are wide and sticking apart, but the main body of the car is very narrow. If the car itself was wider, it wouldn't seem so long. I could be m...

Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:54 pm 

ChrisTRD wrote:
I remember a few years back NHMS was covered in snow and the employees raced snowmobiles around it. It was pretty neat.

Posted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:46 pm 

this is classic racing right here. liking this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 pm 

even though the finish was a bit tame i felt the race overall was fantastic. good racing overall with the faster cars not aero trapped behind traffic, or single file around a cookie cutter with a manufactured caution with 10 to go

7 or 8/10

love the reconfiguration

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 11:00 pm 

cassil just got a paycheck from hendrick

Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 am 

Man, they're starting to creep back into interesting territory with the downforce reductions and a slight return to a diverse track schedule...but they just won't let go of the Chase and won't let go of the splitter. Stage racing is another hole they'll probably never dig back out of. been watching...

Post subject: Re: 101st Indianapolis 500
Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:08 am 

From Helio facebook page: https://scontent-waw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18700344_10155271709030070_5969419306870904926_n.jpg?oh=9354d6650925bd98650e59c5ec1ae352&oe=59B6246F That is absolutely nuts!, surely one of the most crazy motorspots photos ever taken meh https://cdn-s3.si.com/s3fs-public/...

Posted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:38 pm 

How was that a racing incident? Are we assuming that Vettel's shit start and moving across taking out 3 cars and himself was called racing :? :? :? the crash was vettel's fault, yes - but he didnt intentionally cause it. taking away verstappen's line into the corner is still "fair" from a...

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:22 am 

siggy wrote:
So moving under braking is only an issue if you're first name is Max it seems.

choosing a direction or line to protect (inside/outside) is acceptable. max got flack for changing that direction (weaving) under braking

Post subject: Re: Speedweeks 2018
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:40 am 

I suppose, to play Devil's Advocate, it is what Dale would've done in that scenario. Except he didn’t do that Terry Labonte, Bristol? i have a theory about how that went down. its a bit nuanced if you want to hear it, but you could tell by dale's reaction he didnt quite mean to crash labonte out of...

Post subject: Re: NASCAR @ Atlanta
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:53 am 

NASCAR has got F1 syndrome You expect rain, it rains until 2 hours before the race, then it's completely dry, only for it to rain for the podium ceremony #thevortex Just out of curiosity , have anyone or any organism tried once to calculate the amount of heat and energy unleashed by a nascar field ...

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:51 pm 

Chris A wrote:
Let's scrape a few bucks together around the forum and buy it so we can make all the required fixes.

that sounds like a great idea! what could go wrong?

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 pm 

If Denny wasn't such an asshat, didn't have a history of walling drivers when he's about to lose the lead and didn't talk out his ass about how 70% of drivers are on adderall, Bubba probably wouldn't have said anything. When nobody likes you, these things happen. you should check out that adderall ...

Posted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:25 am 

deggis wrote:

just figured out how to pair my youtube to my roku tv. THANKYOU!!!!!

Post subject: Re: Talladega, Stafford
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:04 pm 

coolmike wrote:
Since NASCAR is scared to death of anything over 200mph...

since they've designed the safety equipment to work at around 200mph or below, your statement is more accurate than you probably intended

Posted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:03 pm 

i dont think it helped that hubert had already weakened the car by impacting the wall before being impacted by correa. but even then, a direct impact at speed to the driver probably involves forces too significant to overcome. this crash feels most like zanardi's accident, except the torso took the ...

Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 pm 

considering there is a blind crest coming over the hill correa probably had little to no time to react. he may even have been off of the racing line because of the loss of his front wing. only the telemetry will tell us whether he lifted or not we are judging and expecting these younger drivers to a...

Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:26 am 

Someone on the iRacing forums is suggesting that Correra had no front wing before the contact with Hubert check pg41. someone already posted a link to a photograph confirming it also, correra was going significantly slower than jordan king (red and white car zooming past alesi). he had at least lif...
Page 3 of 6 [ Search found 108 matches ]