TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 57 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:14 pm 

Man, I wish an established team would pick up Ranger... even JR Fitzpatrick has more talent than half the Nationwide field nowadays. I wouldn't go that far. No? Fitzpatrick is young and has minimal experience in the Nationwide COT's on ovals. Throw in the fact that he's with a brand new team (a Can...

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:18 am 

Plain and simple, NASCAR probably thought he did a fantastic job of penalizing himself when he wrecked himself, there.

Posted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:41 pm 

Agreed, there were a lot of racin' deals, but it's also to prove just that - it's racin'. For example, I thought "Why would they show Kurt screwing up at Indy and wrecking the 10?" Well, the point was simply that when the opposite happened at Loudon, Kurt had a fit. With the Stewart incide...

Posted: Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 pm 

They have raced in the dark at Talladega before, just not under that many lights, per se... :lol:

Skip to about 1:18:00 for the weirdness.

Post subject: Re: Trucks/NNS/Cup @ Dover
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:14 pm 

If those were the old cars, I'm pretty sure they'd all end up in the inside wall. You'd see guys hang it all out there at times, but everyone's doing it often. The cars are just so stable compared to the old days. :(

Posted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:43 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Ask Paul Tracy how it feels to get screwed out of a win at Indy....

I don't recall Paul Tracy getting screwed... pretty sure I still consider him the 2002 Indy 500 champ. :wave:

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:21 am 

Or you could watch Danica make a bunch of mistakes and wreck several times while the vets around her make her look like a fool OH WAIT NVM.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:01 pm 

Havn't kept up with youtube in a few months, sad to hear about de31168's situation. From what I can tell, his situation is that he was fed up with everyone requesting that he post certain videos. He has a crapton more subscribers than I do, and I've only ever had ONE guy pester me non-stop for a vi...

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:47 pm 

Weird, Michael Waltrip forgot fairly quickly what it's like to get shit from the same guy every week... 2WujylBUo48 ...he also kinda forgot what being a "chicken" and a "coward" is like. He left out the word "hypocrite", but pretty much described himself in that article...

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm 

I mean, Mikey isn't a champion, so it's OK to expect this out of him. VjQf_BAu_Sk Sorry about the over-abundance of videos... there's also that time at Darlington in 2004, at the Southern 500, when Jimmy Spencer got into him and caused a wreck. Jimmy (who I believe was running the 50 car for... Arno...

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm 

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of making a move like that... people weren't big fans of Rusty Wallace making such a move at The Winston, either. As popular as Dale Earnhardt was, he still got booed like crazy after the '99 Bristol night race. I'm not condoning what Larson did, nor am I comparing the kid t...

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 pm 

I know there's a while to go before the actual race starts, but does anyone have a stream to Speed and all the pre-race junk? Help us work-stranded folks out, perhaps? ;)

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:34 pm 

$25,000 is a fair fine. My two cents. I thought America was pretty big on freedom of speech? Not NASCAR, it seems. Say what you like. Just make sure it's what we want to hear. That's another thing that's been bugging me. You can throw around the "first amendment" argument all you want, bu...

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:46 pm 

Tony's pissed that when Joey blocks, Joey doesn't nearly end up on his roof and take 25 cars with him. :(

Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm 

Tony definitely has nothing to bitch about when it comes to blocking. Daytona in '06, Pocono in '06 and Talladega last October are still pretty fresh in my mind, so him going off the handle for something he's done several times is quite funny. As for the Joey\Denny thing, had nothing happened betwee...

Posted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:51 pm 

...and yet, at its worst, it's still infinitely more competitive than a modern day F1 race.

Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 pm 

I spent most of yesterday being incredibly pissed off about the double-file restarts, and how the outside lane was just not the place to be. A driver and team can make ground on the track, and pass cars on the pit lane, but if you pass one car too many and end up in an even-numbered position, you ca...

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:11 pm 

I was bored at work the other day, so I did some stat and number crunching while looking at some of the greats in the sport. There's been a lot of talk about comparing Jimmie Johnson to Dale Earnhardt and Richard Petty in recent days... drivers are definitely a forever-changing breed, so comparing J...

Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:13 pm 

Also, I don't expect you to read all of that. I needed an outlet since this was on my mind, and since I don't have a blog for racing like I do with video games, TBK just so happened to be it. :D

Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:19 pm 

Huh. I was watching the 2003 Darlington race last night (you know, *that* one), and Blaney gave that 77 car a helluva run that day. By all means, there were a couple times Busch and Craven should have wrecked, and Blaney could've won. What we ended up getting was epic, but a Blaney win would have b...
Page 1 of 3 [ Search found 57 matches ]