It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 57 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:27 pm 

Dave Marcis; the TRUE CHAMPEEN of 1975.

Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:19 pm 

It's like pent up sexual frustration, except instead of months without sex, it's racin'. :lol:

Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:36 pm 

Joe4345 wrote:
Oh good.....DW's back.

edit.

Sumbitch didn't say it. :lol:

He got a Boogitectomy.

(Shamelessly stolen from Twitter. I know it's awful.)

Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:28 pm 

"Take the bus." :lol: I'm guilty of something similar. At Texas in '09, my wife (then-girlfriend) was a five minute drive away at a friend's place. I had driven her there so she could hang out, then with 20 or so laps to go - with Jeff Gordon leading and about to break a one and a half yea...

Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:19 pm 

Jet dryers should be a part of the next Mario Kart-like NASCAR game.

Posted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:42 pm 

The most impressive part of Kyle Busch's weekend was when he beat those up-and-comers in the truck race, and then promptly wrecked himself in the Winston against the big boys.

HoF for sure.

Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 pm 

Ozcm9OX9_jw Very interesting to hear that side of the story. At the same time; - I really do think he's giving NASCAR way too much credit for cooking up some kind of conspiracy. This *is* NASCAR, after all. - I'm intrigued about that arrest where they supposedly found meth, stolen guns and race equ...

Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:20 pm 

The top five finishers of a Truck race are mostly Cup drivers with Cup-level motors\chassis\whatever... so that's great.

BUT HEY THEY PUT FANS IN THE STANDS

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:30 pm 

Family sues NASCAR, Pocono over 2012 lightning death : NASCAR blew off a severe storm warning at the Pocono 400 race until the storm got so bad it had to stop the race, and 6 minutes later a fan was killed by lightning in the parking lot, his family claims in court. Brian Zimmerman was killed by li...

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:10 pm 

That's the kind of stuff nowadays you wish you had caught on film! It makes fun YouTube viewing, and *ahem* can get you on ESPN........

We didn't know it at the time, but the "Jimmie Johnson should be fawken shawt" guy and his family were trailblazers. :lol:

Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:06 pm 

That's the reason I still watch now, actually. I tune in every single week because there's nothing more entertaining than driver tempers, smart pit strategy and great battles at the end of a race. The full season championship\Chase results have always been secondary, which seems strange, but that's ...

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:14 pm 

So many drama queens on the interwebs. OMG THIS SCENARIO COULD HAPPEN IF SO RIP NASCAR. Kyle Larson's car could have also flown into the grandstands at Daytona last year, killing dozens, and THAT could have been the end of NASCAR. But hey, it's still here. Some of us are also still entertained as he...

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:47 pm 

(Because it's COOL!) Things I like... The first half of this season. Nationwide drivers *actually* starting to beat the Cup guys. *Some* races having tire wear come into play. NASCAR *seemingly* being aware of its problems and listening to fans about it; let's hope testing at Michigan wasn't in vain...

Posted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:11 pm 

I had never seen the Earl Truck wreck before... the pictures make it look way worse than it actually was, but then again, it *could* have been a lot worse.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:59 pm 

Why don't we do this every week? :lol:

Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:18 pm 

Wow, eerie video indeed. I just checked out that place on Google Street View, and I see there's someone living in a mini-home pretty much just outside the track. Wonder if that guy has a way in and takes that Crown Victoria out for a few laps......... probably not, but I know I would at least try if...

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 pm 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1hcB00IgAEfJO3.jpg:large Reminds me of the "Superpunch" from The Matrix Revolutions. :D I'm not sure how many people here have experienced it (although I'm sure the majority actually have), but that feeling of that incredible high - "I can't believe it, m...

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:32 pm 

Yeah, I don't normally read into the "under the old points system, so-and-so would be the champ" (because it's completely irrelevant), but reading that Gordon accumulated the most points over the 36-race season for the 7th time and has jack shit to show for it, it's pretty discouraging.

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:40 pm 

lol It's all good - it was coming for a while, and I knew this was more than likely going to be it. It might be f'n weird to not see a 24 on race day, but witnessing 92 wins (and counting) has been pretty damn incredible to be a part of. No regrets, and very little sadness on my end. Not many fan-ba...

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:13 pm 

It's not an official record by any means (although thanks to the Interwebs, it was tabulated anyway), but scoring the most points in 7 seasons is *something*. It's not much, but hey, just seeing that number and how that was one of the records he was looking to eclipse when he started winning everyth...
Page 2 of 3 [ Search found 57 matches ]