TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:37 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 173 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 8:28 pm 

Newman's crew wasn't around the car when Kurt hit it. The crew was mad because Kurt did a massive burnout through the 39's pit stall after he crashed. The 39 crew was still out sweeping and cleaning up the pit stall when Kurt tore through it, hence the reason the big guy went up to the 51 team's pit...

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 pm 

The speeds are still pretty slow. I hope that the cars might become more twitchy when they get the extra boost and trim things out a little bit. I really hope Marco is over exaggerating the tightness of the car in traffic, or else the oval racing could be NASCAR 2012 levels of boredom. :( Also, is i...

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 am 

In all the other sports you have to be the cream of the crop, why should NASCAR be any different? It's always going to be a measure of impact on the sport, which is not purely about stats and win rates. Does Mark Martin deserve to be in the HoF? I would argue that he does, considering his respect l...

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:22 pm 

Judd, fuck off and die please.

Posted: Sun May 27, 2012 8:30 pm 

I'm going to keep watching, and I'm going to do it rooting against that cheap shit Franchitti for every lap.

Post subject: Re: Trucks/NNS/Cup @ Dover
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:14 pm 

If those were the old cars, I'm pretty sure they'd all end up in the inside wall. You'd see guys hang it all out there at times, but everyone's doing it often. The cars are just so stable compared to the old days. :(

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:15 am 

Can we let the cars hit the track before panic mode kicks in maybe..?

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:06 am 

Yes, this is relevant now. I don't really like the fact that every IndyCar thread turns in to a debate about pack racing and Vegas and what-ifs. But the big question in my mind has been about oval racing abilities of the new car. Will it be better than the old one? We all can agree that the Indy500 ...

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:59 am 

I missed this race, but damn I got so excited reading the posts and seeing the possibility of Jr. winning, or Mark Martin having a chance. My heart sunk with the "Logano wins" posts. :( I know he hasn't won in Cup in a long time either, but somehow it still has the "same old shit"...

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:00 pm 

Alex Bowman won yesterday's ARCA race at Winchester. It was a fairly quiet race as far as incidents go, only four cautions, each I think for someone cutting a tire and hitting the wall. Bowman and Brennan Poole put on a hell of a battle for the lead during most of the race, I lost count how many tim...

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:19 am 

Photos of a crash during the ARCA / CRA Super Series race on Saturday: http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8149/7443920778_6dfa9a50f9_z.jpg Nate Caruth Crash, Winchester Speedway, ARCA / CRA Super Series, 6/23/2012 (1) by bluegrassrailfan , on Flickr http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7137/7443918078_abe9ff852...

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:18 am 

Chris, it's not ridiculous at all, and that's good that they've been doing this. But the track was not a Cup-ready venue last year, and the track should not have held a Cup race last year. Changes or not, fans are going to remember what happened, and they're also going to remember Bruton Smith's dic...

Post subject: Re: 2012 Iowa Corn Indy 250
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:54 pm 

Full Race On Youtube

Non Americans: Rejoice! Here's a link :D

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/uQnTnghZVLE

Post subject: Re: Fuck you, NASCAR
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:08 pm 

It's the cars, and it's the tires. When there is no issue with either, the racing is better. Calling for a change in the format of the racing and including fake caution flags is lazy, short-sighted, and completely lacking in logic.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:56 am 

Joe A wrote:
Not really sure I'd feel safe with Johanna Long in the middle of a three-wide.

Why? She's not been around long but I don't recall her starting any trouble. Certainly not enough to warrant any sort of reputation, at least.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:12 pm 

Is it Matt that works at one of the teams? maybe he can confirm, I'm pretty sure the throttle is connected to the ECU which controls the engine, there's no actual physical connection between the throttle and the fuel injection system (no throttle cable so to speak, hence the nickname 32bit throttle...

Posted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:09 pm 

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:39 pm 

Post subject: Re: Local Racing Discussion
Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:17 pm 

Bought a $30 pit pass at Auburndale Speedway in Florida, about one hour from where I live. Talked to some South East Champ Kart owners to see if there was any way I could buy some go-carts and possibly race in the series. Dang, if I wasn't working that night we could have met up, since I live 5 min...

Post subject: Re: 2012 Honda Indy Toronto
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:58 am 

The early Tony George Indy 500's, a total shambles and an embarrassment to the previous 80 years of tradition.
Page 4 of 9 [ Search found 173 matches ]