TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 433 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:44 am 

Big pile up in the V8 support race 2 at the Australian GP.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:37 am 

Anyone who expected greatness from the new car at the first race or judging its ultimate potential on the first race is either completely new to motorsports or clueless. The introduction of major rule changes always has a period of adjustment - see F1 2009, NASCAR 2007.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:55 am 

2013 F1 discussion started in March 2012 wrote:
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 am 

I'm sorry.

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:54 am 

Possibly on course to first new winner since Webber in '09, and bitching about the race regardless. Ahhh TBK.

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:54 am 

Can we add "the usual keyboard experts who called Rosberg useless just 2 weeks ago and said he'd never win a race"?

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:19 am 

Or at least worthy of changing his member status to "shitty image maker"

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:33 am 

This is why I was unhappy to see the "farce of the race" polls start, and even more unhappy to see the practice of exposing votes become regular. Polls are entirely unscientific and can't be taken too seriously, which is what is bound to happen if they're used on negative topics regularly....

Post subject: Re: Cup/N'Wide @ Richmond
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:27 am 

Beyond the COT and tyre factors, I think we're just seeing driver and car development in a professional sport taken to their logical extreme, with the result of no mistakes or failures to spice things up. The teams are completely on top of car setup and engine tuning and the driver pool has reached ...

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 pm 

Any vote not for Pastor is trollin' IMO.

Posted: Sat May 26, 2012 6:06 am 

In all the other sports you have to be the cream of the crop, why should NASCAR be any different? It's always going to be a measure of impact on the sport, which is not purely about stats and win rates. Does Mark Martin deserve to be in the HoF? I would argue that he does, considering his respect l...

Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:18 am 

I'm not a fan of gimmicks that take the ability to fight out of the driver's hands (e.g. DRS), but the current situation with tyres is not a gimmick, it's a challenge worn equally by all teams and is fantastically shaking up the haves vs have nots at the moment. I have no problem with the way things...

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:36 pm 

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 pm 

Those of you saying "give it a chance" to a piece of track they're not even using, go nuts The discussion was about the new piece of track in general, not V8Supercars using it or not. Maybe the discussion you were having with yourself, but the rest of us spent a fair bit of time talking a...

Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:40 am 

I like the new look cars a lot and appreciate something different from the typical dull open-wheel design, but to each their own etc. Always gotta have something to bitch about I guess.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Honda Indy Toronto
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:16 am 

GWC finishes are a dumb idea even in stock cars. Completely throws out the basic concept of a fixed race length which has always been core to racing, and any fuel or tyre strategy along with it. Everyone expects it to all come down to the last lap every race now, but do you really need to continuall...

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:35 am 

Don't think it'll make a difference with the tandems. Tandems are happening now because Daytona and Talladega have lost all their bumps to the point you can push in the corners, and cooling has gotten where they don't need clean air on the nose. Wicker fins and old aero packages won't change that.

Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:17 am 

good news from the Motherland: Russia's GP circuit construction is on schedule, according to organisers By Pablo Elizalde Wednesday, July 18th 2012, 08:12 GMT The construction of the circuit that is set to host the inaugural Russian Grand Prix is on schedule, according to organisers, who have revea...

Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:42 pm 

I don't think that's worthy of a penalty. Button, as per usual, pushed him wide. Nowhere else for him to go, IMO. Indeed. There wasn't even half a cars width left by Jenson. Those who watched the sky build up would have seen the FIA clarification of not running to the edge of the track when cars ar...

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:06 am 

Nutty forum logic kicking into high gear now. IMO there's not much to argue here beyond the usual FIA backdrop of inconsistency. They have been inconsistent on this and may actually have two contradictory rules in place (can't force someone off track, but do have the right to take the racing line if...
Page 2 of 22 [ Search found 433 matches ]