Search found 725 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:37 am 

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:30 pm 

Post subject: Re: Indycar @ Vegas
Posted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:58 pm 

Looking at the promotion events that IndyCar CEO has done for Las Vegas race it must get the crowd in the stands.

They even made a IndyCar parade on the Strip!

If this won't work then IndyCar is in deep shit!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:42 pm 

Until we get an official announcement, I am locking this. We are in no position to speculate about anything. We don't know anything. Period.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:51 pm 

Understand, I wasn't trying to censor anyone, I was trying to settle everyone down. We don't know a thing, and we shouldn't act like we do. That's where I was coming from.

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:42 pm 

I had to look away from the tv. I just couldn't... You know guys, I'm proud to be here with you, and I'm glad that you are here. In these moments, just knowing that there are other people to share your feelings with, it means the world to me. Well I don't know if I expressed myself correctly, at thi...

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:05 am 

Without wanting to repeat myself again from elsewhere on the forum, I just want to echo the general sentiments being expressed here. I just got back from a lengthy walk, thinking about my gran (my mother's mother) who recently died and how I'm going to be sacrificing a day of a trip to Portugal in o...

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:17 pm 

I was watching this race, live with my girlfriend at the campground. When the story was unfloding, just like reading this intire page... I was just like all of you. Oddly, I was upset that I couldent be on "here" with the TBK family I love and sometimes hate at the same time...My emotions ...

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 pm 

The crash keeps playing in my mind like something out of a horror film. It genuinely freaked me out. Exactly the same. After a few laps I was thinking "this will not last...it simply cannot last for 200 laps". I was expecting a scare, and I thought the touching-of-wheels between Tagliani ...

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:01 am 

The PT interview. Warning, does show the crash.

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm 

A few comments on this whole painful and disturbing event. In no particular order because I still am having a hard time getting my thoughts straight. I do not know why, but this accident and subsequent tragedy has produced more of an effect than prior accidents. First of all, RIP Dan. You were perha...

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:00 pm 

Yeah. You can criticise the style of racing, the fencing, the Dallara's habit of flying all you like. But the truth is that when you're about to fly or hit something at 200mph, being in that Dallara cockpit is probably one of the best places you can be. I don't think any of the 14 others have even b...

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:49 am 

Foyt and Mario rip Johnson a new one.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 pm 

Jimmy Spencer weighs in, and it's actually a good read.

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:35 pm 

Thank God for AJ and Mario. People like Johnson and DC are talking about knee-jerk reactions, and I think knee-jerking is the last thing needed now. I know it's not a very popular view, but, only Dan died. And because he hit the fence in the worst possible angle. Seeing the ferocity of the crash, se...

Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:20 am 

How sad this situation is all the way around. Dan is gone, as is the car he won the race with - destroyed in a crash at Texas. The pole winning car, also a heartwarming story, driven by Alex Tagliani, was the car Dan was driving at Las Vegas. The 2011 Indianapolis 500 was all about underdogs beating...

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:28 am 

Tribute show is on Youtube for the moment.

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:56 pm 

Tony Stewart thinks the critisism of Indycar's safety has been unfair:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/95600

Post subject: Re: "Dega-rrhea" - Temiree
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:35 pm 

Post subject: Re: "Dega-rrhea" - Temiree
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:20 pm 

stream: http://www.phstream.com/2009/09/espn-li ... aming.html