TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 323 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:48 am 

You can pretty much guarantee that they will be more prepared than HRT, Caterham and Virgin. Any new team (from F2 etc and not a manufacture) will most likely be set up like Haas as a quasi B team, with heavy strategic partnerships with a current manufacture (Andretti seems to be an exception) But ...

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:07 pm 

Ricciardo and Piastri, spotted together driving around in eastern Melbourne https://www.news.com.au/sport/motorsport/formula-one/eagleeyed-f1-fan-appears-to-snap-ricciardo-and-piastri-driving-together/news-story/e390b9d4d9b5d2341bd48786e687a25f Not really relevant to the story, but that photo in the...

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:18 am 

I did a quick bit of googling. The new teams in 2012 reportedly paid entry fees of around $500,000US. So what the teams are saying the sports value has increased 1200% in the last 10 years? Yeah I mean the Netflix series has bought lots more eyes onto the sport, but, seriously? Here's an article tha...

Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:02 am 

And Andretti will get the $600 million and they'll still come up with some excuse

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:37 am 

gkmotorsport wrote:

Wow, don't think I've ever seen a helmet painted to look like a face

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:36 am 

amq55 wrote:
I hope they use the good old Cosworth brand.

They would have to buy it back from Gerry Forsythe first.

------

Amusing to see the whinging over GM coming in as a branding exercise, and then this happens, presumably without complaint.

Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:18 am 

Is the incredibly low amount of pre season testing days still because of cost saving reasons? Would be a bit ironic as they will have to fly around the world for about 50 times this season.

Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:00 am 

webbsy wrote:
McLAREN’S MISSED ITS DEVELOPMENT TARGETS – AND IT SHOWS
https://the-race.com/formula-1/mclarens ... s-showing/

What a shambles McLaren have become. 2017 and 2018 over agin?

Worse, 2015.

Posted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:39 am 

webbsy wrote:
If Drugovich races we will have 6 of the last 7 F2/GP2 Champions racing. 2022,21,19,18,17,16 as well as the 2006 and 2009 champs.

And if he does, he'll be the 9th straight champion to have raced in F1. The last one was Fabio Leimer in 2013, although he did 1 FP1 session in 2015.

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:33 am 

That helps Andretti's cause, they'll just take em over

Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:35 pm 

3rd to 18th is closer than 1st to 3rd...

Posted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:57 am 

It seems like they're cracking down on this sort of thing (commentators mentioned this when lots of F2 and F3 teams got penalties for grid procedure infringements in Bahrain). As long as the teams have been warned in advance that they're cracking down, I don't have a problem with it - I mean, what'...

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:02 am 

Think I'm more excited to see the F2/F3 on this track than F1 which is very likely to be another Red Bull 1-2 if not for any reliability woes. As usual, the storyline going in will be who can get that P3 spot.

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:11 am 

Craig Pollock announces intention to bring equal-gender team to F1 based out of 'somewhere in the middle east': https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/equal-gender-racing-team-plots-f1-entry-in-2026/10449560/ I like the vision, don't like the odds of it happening. I'm 100% for equal rights but I always...

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:00 pm 

And you get to live on Japan! I feel like I live a pretty charmed life in Melbourne even with the challenges, but that's got me beat. I lived there for 2 years as a kid, have always wanted to go back.

Posted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:08 pm 

The hell? Did you have an adjustable rate? Unsure how it works down under, but I assumed all banks were more or less the same. Fixed, adjustable, etc. We chose a variable rate for a long time as when interest rates were low it was the far better deal and stayed that way for years. In the past year ...

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:27 am 

It is so simple! You change the car, you go to the back. Free tyre changes are the worst. Got damage? Work on the car for as long you need, but you start from the back.
Red flag should have parc ferme rules, with the exception of cooling the car, umbrella if it rains and support of the driver.

Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:09 am 

My hope for the 2008 championship scandal: the court awards Massa damages the FIA can't afford to pay, FIA announces insolvency and dies, literally anyone else comes in as rule makers for F1.

Posted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:44 pm 

webbsy wrote:
Oh how awesome. Just pull numbers out of a hat and get it over with.

this puts another great idea for qualifying. F1 must make their own version of Scenes from a hat of Whose line is it anyway? and the best drivers doing it will have the best grid positions

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:22 am 

Just realised it was the 20 year anniversary of me starting to watch F1 the other day! Imola 2003 :flag: Here's an Illustration I actually drew about a decade ago but only got around to finishing it recently that marks that race :flag: :flag: Nice one. If I start something and it isn't done within ...
Page 14 of 17 [ Search found 323 matches ]