TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Search found 245 matches

Jump to forum   Jump to topic

Posted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:00 am 

So the start to McLaren's year has been disastrous. And after three races they are 5th in the constructors. I'd argue Alpine's start has been even worse considering all the talk they were doing in the off season. You can't really use constructors points after 3 races to establish a pecking order in...

Posted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 12:39 pm 

UK members - I recently cancelled Sky Sports, so what options are there for watching F1? Is it basically a live stream or Channel 4 highlights? Or is there another way to watch? If I could pick up Sky F1 at a decent price, I'd probably come crawling back, but £18/month is a lot for one channel. I'v...

Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:48 am 

And after 5 races teams will work it all out and these points will be mute.

Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:46 am 

Would another driver be worse off than Perez? Yes, probably. Would another driver have more upside? Guess it depends on the driver. Perez is pretty much in the Webber/Vettel mould. If they want the two best drivers that they can get, then Perez has to go. If they want the two best drivers for the te...

Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:59 am 

Happy for Pastry as well, he seems to be the best rookie in F1 for a while. Yeah, he isn't doing bad at all. I wonder if the loss of pace towards the end was simply rookie stamina. In the post race interviews he said his tyres went and he wasn't sure why his tyre management was so poor. He had some...

Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:03 am 

If it doesn't rain McLaren will drop like stones, especially Piastri, considering all of the wing they have chucked on for the middle sector.

Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:04 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJXYRZCqwzs&t=1s&ab_channel=THERACE As The Race points out at the end of this video, if the normal procedures were followed (disqualification instead of nullification), Renault would have been disqualified from the race. Which would have meant that Hamilton wo...

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:09 am 

That qualifying performance from Lawson though. That's definitely going to start making Danny a little nervous now I reckon. To show up at a track he's never raced at, one of the most challenging qualifying laps of the season and beat your team mate in only your 3rd GP is going to raise a few eyebr...

Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:09 am 

Verstappen's lap was simply awesome. But equally impressive was Piastri. First ever time seeing the track and puts it P2 after looking like he was about 4 tenths off Lando for the first day and bit. Seriously impressive stuff. Mercedes must be asking why when they knew they went the wrong way with t...

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:47 pm 

Dick Trickle sounds like he could go either way.

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:31 am 

Now FOM has to approve it. Basically this is just the FIA removing themselves from an upcoming lawsuit. FOM and the other teams will reject them. Andretti sues and since the FIA approved them, they cant be sued as well. The teams' veto is only about the money. Everything else is bull jive. They are...

Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:50 pm 

If you thought you had seen mental gymnastics before in denying Andretti a place on the grid, watch Domenicali and the teams bend over backwards and still be able to pleasure themselves.

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:09 pm 

That is going from deadbeat dad territory to actually, that's quite impressive. 5 of the 6 kids would probably be faster than him.

Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:23 am 

Bahrain was introduced 19 years ago. It's now an solidly established classic, and even more so with all the historical battles/victories/accidents that occurred there. For comparison, I started watching F1 seriously in 1996. 19 years before that was 1979 . Seems the long season has taken its toll o...

Posted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:17 am 

Toto has been leaking secrets to his wife. https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-opens-compliance-investigation-into-potential-wolff-conflict-of-interest/10555369/ Breaking News! F1 investigate themselves, and after a rigorous investigation and deep consultation with all stakeholders determin.....N...

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:57 pm 

I know it is only a name, but man, there is no relatable human connection with that name at all (sell out), and my irrational brain aleady couldn't give a shit about the team. At least Alpha Tauri sounded like an actual name even if it was named after a company. And that is the difference. One had a...

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:01 pm 

And now Osaka in Japan is interested in having a street track. I used to like street tracks when there wasn't many. Now? Can they please just pick the 4 best ones?

Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:13 am 

The James Vowles WhatsApp message in the reddit thread is pretty funny and accurate. https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/ What are you wearing? 12:40 My Williams team shirt. It's a nylon mix, very breathable, we found that by increasing the nylon content by 15% we could reduce the amount of det...

Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:07 am 

It is the draconian rules set that has caused this. Red Bull got it right from the get go, and once that advantage is baked in (like the start of the hybrid era) it is almost impossible to catch up. If the design rules were more open then teams would be able to pursue other design avenues. Yes, it i...

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:37 am 

Meanwhile, in one of the oddest weeks of following this sport even, another rumor that came up is that Jos has an affair with former personal secretary, and possible whistleblower, of Horner. Man, a fictional series of this mess would be 10x more interesting than DTS Jos is such an upstanding guy. ...
Page 12 of 13 [ Search found 245 matches ]